• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Australian Open 2012

Were Petr Korda or Thomas Johansen better than Murray as they won a major? Or Del Potro for that matter?

Is Louis Oosthuisen better than Donald as he won the open?

Majors are the icing on the cake, they are not representative of who is the best.

Is is far far far harder to be world number 1 in Golf or Tennis than in a major as it takes huge consistency over 1/2 years rather than an inspired 2 weeks!

Inspired over 2 weeks? Lol. Novak won 3 of the 4 majors last year with a ridiculous
win-lose record throughout the year. Hes a cut above Murray at the moment - not sure anyone can argue otherwise.

If Murray achieved in his entire career what Djokovic did last year alone you'd laud him as the greatest british player in recent history.

I think he's the 4th best player atm, and that is a fair assessment both in terms if career achievements as well as ability.

Last edited:
Djokovic is number 1 because he deserves to, not because of a fluke win

Him and Murray are the same age, trained together back in the day, etc. but are not on the same level, imho

Murray career record - 332–107 (75.12%)

Djokovic career record - 399–111 (78.24%)

Murray singles titles - 22 (zero Grand Slams)

Djokovic singles titles - 28 (4 Grand Slams)

Djokovic has a 6-4 record over Murray

Murray just double faulted to hand Djokovic his first break

He really is weaker than a can of fosters against the top players

:rolleyes:

He just CANNOT handle the pressure

Now the little monty burns has dropped the first game of the set (his service)

Still he's got lots of money. I'm sure that will make him feel much happier when he retires without winning a slam

Could be over in 3 sets by the looks of things so far

+3.5 sets is 2/1!

Murray is just too nervous on these occasions.

I could accept the other guy playing brilliantly but he's already made more errors than in the whole tournaments combined.

I fear Murray will nevre win a slam as he doesn't truly believe he can.

He needs a hypnotist!!

Some players bloom late (look at Almagro, Tipsarevic, etc.) - he still has at least 6-8 years of top flight tennis left in him, imv injuries permitting.

Look at how Federer won his Roland Garos - sometimes you just need a bit of luck

Even if he loses today he's still achieved his objective (ranked 4th and made it to the last 4) so he's done well. Anything above that and it's brilliant

I'm his biggest fan, but I wouldn't and I doubt he would consider it a success.

He wants a slam, he has the game. It's in between the ears.

If he can win this set he would be favourite, drag Novak into deep water and drown him.

Back