• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Atmosphere at last night's game

Ha!

Yep. Worthington Cup semi against Wimbledon in 99. 15,000+ Spurs fans in a 25K crowd, making a hell of a racket. I was there too. But being a good boy, in the Whitehorse Lane end instead of holding Steffen Iversen aloft on the pitch!

I remember the fans singing "We got our Tottenham back" that night. Not quite. Took another ten years or so.

That was a great atmosphere that night, one of the best I've experienced with Spurs. It was pretty good v Bolton, but that was a different level.

Ta!! Now then... Paxton(Wolf) Paxton(Wolf) Gissa song... Paxton(Wolf), gissa song...!

"And if you know your history, It's enough to make your heart go wooah.
We don't care what the other teams say, what the f##k do we care?
Cos we only know, that there's gonna be a show,
And that the Tottenham will be there..."

It was the best i have heard for quite a while, i love the FA Cup and since i was a kid (way back when)and the two best days of all for me were the first day of the season and the 3rd day of the FA Cup.

I hate it when people,fans,media try and make the FA Cup a second rate competition and the atmosphere the other night proved that it is still important to the fans that go to the games.

If we include all semi finals since 1991*, I've seen us lose 6:

1992 Notts Forest
1993 Arsenal
1995 Everton
1999 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
2001 Arsenal
2007 Arsenal
Well at least none of those losses were against our most hated rivals or anything

That would be really annoying and hard to get over 20 years on...

Probably the most awesome level of support I've ever experienced at a football match in England was the nigh on ten minute, non stop "Que sera, sera...." at 4-1 up in the 2008 Carling Cup semi against Arsenal. Everyone in the stadium was on their feet, singing. Only stopped when Steed scored our fifth with virtually the last kick of the game.

Agreed. Singing that song on loop was the best feeling I've ever had at the Lane. I love 'Spurs are on their way to Wembley' too of course, but variety is a good thing.

Good atmosphere, although personally I thought that much of the atmosphere arose from the shelf rather than from the park lane.

Good atmosphere, although personally I thought that much of the atmosphere arose from the shelf rather than from the park lane.

PAH! Not a bit of it... why else do you think it's "We're the Park Lane, we're the Park Lane, we're the Park Lane Tottenham" first, FOLLOWED by; "We're the Shelfside... etc"

FOREVER PLAYING CATCH UP!! 8-[

PAH! Not a bit of it... why else do you think it's "We're the Park Lane, we're the Park Lane, we're the Park Lane Tottenham" first, FOLLOWED by; "We're the Shelfside... etc"

FOREVER PLAYING CATCH UP!! 8-[

Indeed :eek:

I was there last night and i have to say the ledley he only has one knee is my favourite chant, i wonder what king thinks to it, if he takes it the right way.

Going to the semi as well, fudges knows why as i have been to 3 lost them all, everton, arsenal and pompey. So i apologise in advance.

see i know a fella who has also never seen us win a semi so he has the decency to give his ticket away for this game

see i know a fella who has also never seen us win a semi so he has the decency to give his ticket away for this game

yeah, bit of a mug then aint he, i have seen us win a semi but it was in the league cup, i also saw us win in 91 but i was there in 87 so make of that what you will did not go to either of those semi finals, maybe i should skip the chelsea semi and go straight to the final.

1982, we'd just lost the milk cup to l'pool but were still in with a shot at the title, fa cup and eufa cup, the next home games were awesome:

(to the tune of lord of the dance)

"sing, sing wherever you may be, we lost the league cup at Wembley but we'll be back, to win the other 3 and we'll go down in history."

Back