• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assou-Ekotto

I really do think we missed a trick here and we would have been within our rights to terminate his contract which would have saved us a year's worth of wages. (1.5 million or so)

He would have had no comeback. Supporting another player for doing what is clearly an anti-Semitic gesture (you'd have to be incredibly naive to believe the quenelle was any other thing).

That, added to tweeting this to someone with well known anti-Semitic view, was clearly grounds for dismissal.

“oh dieudo tu vien quand voir un match a tottenham? Tu va adore … LOL.” (“‘When are you coming to watch a match at Tottenham? You’ll love it … LOL.”

You make it so tempting to jump back in to debate but it's just not worth it as it will go round and round in circles.

As the tweets in the post before show, you've been clearly proved wrong on one thing and will not admit it when it's such an objective black and white thing therefore to enter back in to debating the other points which are more complex will be a waste of time.

I will say regarding BAE it is a strange one how his form completely deserted him, went from being a (supposed) PSG target for 10m or so to not even cutting the grade at QPR on loan within a season and a half. Maybe it's harder to maintain form as you get older if you don't really have the passion for the game.

You make it so tempting to jump back in to debate but it's just not worth it as it will go round and round in circles.

As the tweets in the post before show, you've been clearly proved wrong on one thing and will not admit it when it's such an objective black and white thing therefore to enter back in to debating the other points which are more complex will be a waste of time.

I will say regarding BAE it is a strange one how his form completely deserted him, went from being a (supposed) PSG target for 10m or so to not even cutting the grade at QPR on loan within a season and a half. Maybe it's harder to maintain form as you get older if you don't really have the passion for the game.

Only BAE will ever know the truth - personally I think he'd have been a prime candidate to go off and do Jihad with Islamic State if he hadn't been a footballer, I can imagine him posing with a severed head in Syria. Seems a lot more well balanced human being now, but always struck me as an angry young man with a massive chip on his shoulder when he first came here.

My point above was simply that the club would have been in its right to sack him and save themselves some money.

only bae will ever know the truth - personally i think he'd have been a prime candidate to go off and do jihad with islamic state if he hadn't been a footballer, i can imagine him posing with a severed head in syria. Seems a lot more well balanced human being now, but always struck me as an angry young man with a massive chip on his shoulder when he first came here.

My point above was simply that the club would have been in its right to sack him and save themselves some money.

wow just wow

Only BAE will ever know the truth - personally I think he'd have been a prime candidate to go off and do Jihad with Islamic State if he hadn't been a footballer, I can imagine him posing with a severed head in Syria. Seems a lot more well balanced human being now, but always struck me as an angry young man with a massive chip on his shoulder when he first came here.

WTF?!?!?

Bonsaiboy - you might want to go and google BAEs old interviews and his attitude towards life, community and charity

Its also probably time we locked this isn't it?
I have seen some stupid posters over the years, but I think stating someone would be a terrorist if they couldn't kick a football might just be the lowest point. ( struggling to think of a lower)

Bonsaiboy - you might want to go and google BAEs old interviews and his attitude towards life, community and charity

Yes, I think we may have to if we can't get the discussion back to something sensible.

I have seen some stupid posters over the years, but I think stating someone would be a terrorist if they couldn't kick a football might just be the lowest point. ( struggling to think of a lower)

Really?

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/search.php?searchid=940956

Or we could just delete that comment?

Will not quite the post from Bonsai, if he wants to delete it I think that should be his right. Up there with dumbest things said on this forum.

For the record:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1349511/MATT-LAWTON-INTERVIEW-Spurs-defender-Assou-Ekotto-Smart-guy.html

I wouldn't say I'm religious. I stay in bed on a Sunday morning. But I had a Christian upbringing and I believe in GHod.

Back when he was good I used to read his Twitter quite regularly as I thought he was quite funny at times and he was a great character at least. I remember there being some tweet about him taking his mother to Church when he was over in France for a couple of days.

Not forgetting Benny's charitable work.
www.benoitassouekotto.com/

I have no idea what Benny was thinking when he posted or said whatever he said or posted.
But his media interviews and charitable work don't really suggest someone who is intolerant of anything other than the lack of an opportunity to escape from a background of poverty and lack of opportunity.

Might Benny be guilty of not having thought through the possible implications/ramifications of what he said or posted, rather than the hatred and intolerance that a previous poster has suggested. The two things are very different.

Last edited:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21303-1373600920-11.gif

I think what I said has been misunderstood - BAE is clearly a pretty well balanced person without radical tendencies, what I meant was he has some character traits and life experiences often seen in those who become radicalised. Namely:

2nd generation immigrant that feels no connection to the country of his birth - I read an interview with him in which he stated he found it difficult to understand how players like Lennon can feel proud to be English and that he had no feelings for France.

Introverted tendencies and finds it difficult to connect with people and would be attracted to a group identity that gave him a sense of belonging.

Suffered some negative experience such as racism that left him with a deep rooted anger and sense of injustice. (The altercation with a fan at WHL showed this I think).

Anyway, it was just an observation, as I tend to believe those going off to do Jihad in Iraq and Syria are not necessarily evil by nature but have some identifiable traits that I believe BAE shared when he was younger.

He isn't muslim. Probably might make it hard for him to get in to the ISIS gang.

Anyway it's a disgustingly racist thing to assume first generation Africans in France are likely to become terrorists. You need to really think about what you post.

He isn't muslim. Probably might make it hard for him to get in to the ISIS gang.

Anyway it's a disgustingly racist thing to assume first generation Africans in France are likely to become terrorists. You need to really think about what you post.

But terrorists going to the middle east are drawn from those communities. It's ludicrous to claim otherwise. Obviously only a very small minority of them, and, as I said, there are identifiable traits in many of those who are drawn to it. Not just within those communities as you can see the same traits in people like David Copeland and Anders Brevik.

All I am saying is the BAE, without football, may have become a Jihadist - that isn't true for the vast majority of French ethnic minority footballers of course, the only other one I could say the same of is Anelka. Anyway, probably best to stop this discussion here. I just wanted to clarify what I said.

But terrorists going to the middle east are drawn from those communities. It's ludicrous to claim otherwise. Obviously only a very small minority of them, and, as I said, there are identifiable traits in many of those who are drawn to it. Not just within those communities as you can see the same traits in people like David Copeland and Anders Brevik.

All I am saying is the BAE, without football, may have become a Jihadist - that isn't true for the vast majority of French ethnic minority footballers of course, the only other one I could say the same of is Anelka. Anyway, probably best to stop this discussion here. I just wanted to clarify what I said.

Why would a guy that cant be motivated to even kick a football be prepared to but his life on the line for a religious belief he doesnt even have? Because he's an emigrant to France and he's black?

Back