• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

No one is complaining about Lenglet because he is actually being used when needed. When we've struggled, when we've needed something Danjuma may have been an option but we've never seen it. I'd hope a player brought in during the January window in a difficult season even if on loan is a player targeted at the starting 11 or first sub. Otherwise what's the point?

The use of our squad and the other players you mentioned has been poor and the Danjuma situation is another symptom.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We have a 25 man squad (plus sarr i believe). Only 11 can start. That's 14/15 left out.

When needed is different to you thinking he should play rather than someone else. Which is fine. Say i'd rather danjuma came on instead or richarlison or son.

Levy has clearly demonstrated over the years he has no idea what "Tottenham DNA" is, unless committed failure is "Tottenham DNA"

I mean, that was kind of Conte's point.......(If we swap the horrendous misuse of "DNA" with the more appropriate "recent history"

We have a 25 man squad (plus sarr i believe). Only 11 can start. That's 14/15 left out.

When needed is different to you thinking he should play rather than someone else. Which is fine. Say i'd rather danjuma came on instead or richarlison or son.

I never said anything about him starting. Playing is playing whether that's 1 minute or 90.

Conte wanted Zaniolo as a long term option to cover the RWF and CM positions. The club signed Danjuma, a LWF option, because it was a cheap and easy deal to do. This is why our managers get frustrated and eventually sacked.

Zaniolo was cheap and easy - didnt he go to turkey for peanuts? But he was injury plagued and not really versatile in most systems. We'd've just been left with another well waged deadwood come the summer. Now we can just see the new guy get a proper tune out of gil

Conte wanted Zaniolo as a long term option to cover the RWF and CM positions. The club signed Danjuma, a LWF option, because it was a cheap and easy deal to do. This is why our managers get frustrated and eventually sacked.
If Conte wanted Zaniolo, he would probably have been the easiest and cheapest to get of all the players Conte has wanted. The fact he went to Turkey for a paltry transfer fee probably means he didn't really want him.

We wanted a replacement for gil who was being loaned out. We have moura as cover for rwf.

Zaniolo was cheap and easy - didnt he go to turkey for peanuts? But he was injury plagued and not really versatile in most systems. We'd've just been left with another well waged deadwood come the summer. Now we can just see the new guy get a proper tune out of gil
He did
But they wanted twice as much from us

If Conte wanted Zaniolo, he would probably have been the easiest and cheapest to get of all the players Conte has wanted. The fact he went to Turkey for a paltry transfer fee probably means he didn't really want him.
No
It’s the prem tax
Clubs charge teams in this league double
We were sensible
Knowing his contract position, contes contract position and zaniolos history, we did the right thing
The fact that conte won’t play Danjuma is conte playing his games as he always does

You have changed your tune, wasn’t you all over us signing him in January?

The same thing will happen to the next manager and the manager after that. They will want to sign certain players or sign players for certain positions and be given something else. The downturn in performances and sackings will then follow.

Conte played Gill as a RWF. I suspect he wanted better cover (and real competition) for Kulusevski instead of having to use Moura or Gill who are both hugely inferior players.

We've hadinjuries to richarlison, kulu, moura this season.

Kane/richarlison
Son/danjuma
Kulu/moura

That is balanced.

We've hadinjuries to richarlison, kulu, moura this season.

Kane/richarlison
Son/danjuma
Kulu/moura

That is balanced.
Except Kane (thankfully) has been available all season. Therefore Richarlison, Son and Kulu are fighting for two positions. Richarlison works far better from the left than the right. I suspect that Conte saw things like the below:

Son-------------Kane-----------Kulu
(Richy)-------(Richy)----------(Zaniolo)

In the event that both Kane and Son were out then Perisic would likely play as the left sided attacker. We had no real need for another LWF, it was cover at RWF (direct replacement for Gill) that we needed.

We now instead look like the below which leaves us exposed on the right side:

Son-------------Kane------------Kulu
(Richy)--------(Richy)----------(Moura)
(Danjuma)

Except Kane (thankfully) has been available all season. Therefore Richarlison, Son and Kulu are fighting for two positions. Richarlison works far better from the left than the right. I suspect that Conte saw things like the below:

Son-------------Kane-----------Kulu
(Richy)-------(Richy)----------(Zaniolo)

In the event that both Kane and Son were out then Perisic would likely play as the left sided attacker. We had no real need for another LWF, it was cover at RWF (direct replacement for Gill) that we needed.

We now instead look like this:

Son-------------Kane------------Kulu
(Richy)--------(Richy)----------(Moura)
(Danjuma)

Well paratici obviously disagrees with you as we got danjuma.

Back