• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

but why afford pro atheletes any compassion? they are paid very highly to perform. if anything i think we lack the ruthlessness to get rid of non-performing players. Note that non-performing doesn't equal to incompetent. non-performing for Spurs could be different at another club ... so win-win!

Yep big issue that we don't move non performing players on. Dier and Sanchez being crap and getting new contracts can not send out the right message to new signings or youth players.

Need to being trying to improve, instead the culture of the club is to stand still.

Still have no idea why anyone cares if he plays or not? He's a stop gap like lenglet till the summer or next manager.

I actually think he is a much better attacker than Lenglet is a defender. People like me care as we think he is an important resource that is not be utilised, simply because he is a "club signing". Instead he would rather play players he is happy to slag of in press conferences.

I actually think he is a much better attacker than Lenglet is a defender. People like me care as we think he is an important resource that is not be utilised, simply because he is a "club signing". Instead he would rather play players he is happy to slag of in press conferences.
If the club want a toe the line manager who will pick players provided for him even though they play in completely different positions than the ones the manager has requested to sign then the club probably shouldn't be employing Antonio Conte as the manager.

but why afford pro atheletes any compassion? they are paid very highly to perform. if anything i think we lack the ruthlessness to get rid of non-performing players. Note that non-performing doesn't equal to incompetent. non-performing for Spurs could be different at another club ... so win-win!
Again, I get it and I don't think it's a simple black/white issue. My point is fairly simple though: players are still humans, even if they're paid to train, not paid to play matches. A few players speak up for mental health issues, but it's not easy for them to do so considering all the stigma.
Basically, if players haven't done anything wrong, like Danjuma for example, I don't see the problem in sympathizing with them considering that they're decent players. Unfortunately, Conte can be quite stubborn but that's another issue. If they start acting like Adebayor or when Modric decided he no likey chicken badge, then I think it's OK to treat them more like assets than humans.

Danjuma is only here on loan with a pretty high transfer fee if we want to make him permanent in the summer. He operates in a position where we already have cover and we're unlikely to be able to afford to be spending £30m to bring him in permanently come the summer considering the other needs our team has and likely drop in income due to no Champions League. Until now Conte has probably been correct in playing with Son or Richarlison on that side instead of Danjuma, why try to keep a player happy who won't be here next year? If Richarlison is out for any length of time with the injury he picked up on Saturday then I suspect we'll start to see Danjuma being used, at least off the bench.

If the club want a toe the line manager who will pick players provided for him even though they play in completely different positions than the ones the manager has requested to sign then the club probably shouldn't be employing Antonio Conte as the manager.

Well considering the fact that Levy was spouting out about the Tottenham DNA with regards to the philosophy if this club, I question whether either Nuno, Mourinho or Conte were ever the right signing.

Well considering the fact that Levy was spouting out about the Tottenham DNA with regards to the philosophy if this club, I question whether either Nuno, Mourinho or Conte were ever the right signing.
Lol 'Tottenham DNA'.... You realise that was just thrown out there by Levy to try to calm the natives right?

Still have no idea why anyone cares if he plays or not? He's a stop gap like lenglet till the summer or next manager.
Because we signed him. What's the point of going to the expense of bringing him in if he's never gonna play games. If we say he's not of the required level then we shouldn't have brought him in, in the first place.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Because we signed him. What's the point of going to the expense of bringing him in if he's never gonna play games. If we say he's not of the required level then we shouldn't have brought him in, in the first place.

We haven't signed him. We got him on loan. As a stop gap.

The point is to cover for injuries, suspensions.

Lol 'Tottenham DNA'.... You realise that was just thrown out there by Levy to try to calm the natives right?
Levy has clearly demonstrated over the years he has no idea what "Tottenham DNA" is, unless committed failure is "Tottenham DNA"

Signed as in loaned. He's our player until the summer ends. If he's not of the required level to get games ahead of bloody Lucas then he's a waste of time and money.

Signed as in loaned. He's our player until the summer ends. If he's not of the required level to get games ahead of bloody Lucas then he's a waste of time and money.

Maybe. But conte has said last summer, nobody leaves unless someone comes in.

Paratici and the club want gil to develop. Get game time. So we had to bring someone in so we could loan him out.

But not as a cover for under performing players?

@Lilbaz I have seen nothing to suggest that the current incarnation of Moura is better than Danjuma based on performances since the beginning of last season.

For those of you who see Danjuma as no more than a stop back or cover, would it not be a sensible decision to start him ahead of one of the numerous "selfish" players that Conte claims we have in our team? Just wondering.

Maybe. I'd like to see him play more. Just saying i don't get the anger that he isn't played more.

Spence, sarr, skipp, i could understand. Lenglet and danjuma not so much.

Maybe. I'd like to see him play more. Just saying i don't get the anger that he isn't played more.

No one is complaining about Lenglet because he is actually being used when needed. When we've struggled, when we've needed something Danjuma may have been an option but we've never seen it. I'd hope a player brought in during the January window in a difficult season even if on loan is a player targeted at the starting 11 or first sub. Otherwise what's the point?

The use of our squad and the other players you mentioned has been poor and the Danjuma situation is another symptom.

Lenglet is a poor defender, Danjuma was his club's best player last season and was in the CL team of the season. Unfortunately there was a change of manager this season and he fell out of favour this season.

Conte bitches that the players he has been playing are not good enough but will not give others a chance, go figure.

Back