• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we begining to wobble?

I wouldn't say we're wobbling, I'd say Spurs fell over flat on their face in January.

Since then a few of the squad have been doing their best to lift us back upright, but they need a bit of help from Defoe and Ade.

And Defoe can't reach the handles.

Have to say it's time called for William Gallas. Gives his best, but just hasn't got the wheels or reflexes anymore.

He was decent in the first leg at WHL, but found sorely lacking on each of Inter's first 3 goals. Now that we're down to the nutty-crunchy part of the season, need our strongest lineup out there. The back line has to be more mobile than Gallas can manage.

Other than that, we'll be fine.

Last edited:
Todays Europa draw has made me feel a lot better also the Tottenham of old ( terrible luck) would have gone out of the cup last night so maybe last night was our turning point, upwards and onwards.

Yes, Parker has one good game a week left in his legs - if that. I don't know what AVB sees in Livermore, he's a decent championship player at best - stuggles to control a football and struggles to find a 5 foot pass.

Adebayor has gone to the great dead horse place in the sky and Defoe is just, well, Defoe.

AVB seems a bit uncertain about Holtby.

If Lennon or Bale get injured we'll be in a lot of trouble.

A Swansea victory against Arsenal would be most welcome at this point in time.

Think if we had lost last night it likely would have caused a slump.

Was almost like watching a Spurs team from the mid to late 90's at times - so powderpuff in the tackling and standing off their players across the pitch.

Hopefully with the missing lads back we should be fine.

Have to say it's time called for William Gallas. Gives his best, but just hasn't got the wheels or reflexes anymore.

He was decent in the first leg at WHL, but found sorely lacking on each of Inter's first 3 goals. Now that we're down to the nutty-crunchy part of the season, need our strongest lineup out there. The back line has to be more mobile than Gallas can manage.

Other than that, we'll be fine.

I've read all this before about Gallas, then he comes up with a top performance. I certainly won't be writing him off....

I like Gallas, I think he marshals our defence very well, I'd love for him to stay on as coach if he wants to have that role. Caulker/Dawson/Vertonghen/Kaboul next year for me is more than good enough.

I like Gallas, I think he marshals our defence very well, I'd love for him to stay on as coach if he wants to have that role. Caulker/Dawson/Vertonghen/Kaboul next year for me is more than good enough.

I'm not sure it will be, if we could guarantee they all stay fit that's a pretty fudging good pool of CB's to have but unfortunately I'm not positive it'll be that way. Hopefully we will be challenging on all fronts so I would want a bit more depth.

When was Kaboul originally meant to be coming back? We all knew it'd take much longer. Its starting to seem more and more like he'll be out for the season.

If we had more options in DM and Sandro was fully fit and firing I still think he'd make a very good centre back when needed, but he isn't and I'm not sure how much we can expect from Parker next season. I also expect Livermore to be out on loan so there'll be even less options.

We play best when we move the ball quicker. During a game, I get totally frustrated when parker does his magic roundabout impressions. Stop going in circles, just turn! I do appreciate his hard work, just pass quicker & to a Tottenham player

We desperately need new class coming in from somewhere..

Adebayor and Defoe just dont have it...

you fight hard if you want to win in football...and pratice the skills.....

First of all, it is astonishing that we are even in this position when we consistently play with 9 or 10 men every game thanks to the ineptitude of our strikers. Not only are they inept at scoring or creating goals, they don't have the acceleration and drive to get into the box for a counterattacking line-up, or the positional awareness to get into shooting positions to feed off the players who do have that acceleration, AND we no longer have that quick brain and speed of passing in midfield to make up for their lack of dynamism.

So yes, the slow, unincisive passing and lack of intelligence of our midfielders has something to do with our meager striker haul. Holtby was supposed to help but he looks unfit and off the pace atm. However, the stupidity of our strikers also contributes - it's like a diabolical feedback cycle. Put Suarez in there and suddenly we would look so much brighter and sharper.

Naturally those aspects can only be addressed in the summer unless Carroll and Coulthirst magically turn into Xavi and RVP. However, until then, we have to make do with what we have, which is at least:

- strong workrate from every single player...we may not control midfield but we can keep the opposition from getting hold of it, and press high to force those "chaotic" situations near goal => ugly game but more chances
- good organization + Lloris => don't concede
- Siggy's crosses or set pieces + Vertonghen/Caulker/Kaboul => should be good for a goal or two
- Bale => save us

We are capable of more than a few resilient 1-0s a la Everton at their second-half-of-the-season best. I think it actually helps that we have such a difficult run-in on paper, because we are much better against teams that attack us than we are at unlocking deep defenses (hence the good away record). We were rubbish against the top teams earlier this season, but besides our discomfort on the ball a lot of that had to do with our lack of Dembele and our lack of pressing, which has improved greatly by now. Imo workrate and organization are much easier to instill than intelligence in the final third, which requires some work in the transfer window as much as anything else. That's why I favor facing attacking teams rather than happy-with-a-point teams right now.

Last edited:
Strikers who dont look like scoring, conceding seven poor goals in our last two games, players being played out of position, our much vaunted bench looking weak, this is the first test for AVB, playing Demble wide right and Naughton at left back is beyond my comprehension, we go on criticising the same old players who make the same mistakes week after week, are they going to cost us or do you think that one good win against Fulham will put us back on the right track.

Got halfway through the first post and remembered why I prefer to to talk to real people about Spurs than read SN&V, cliched and about as aware as the taco commentating on the match on ITV4.

I do trust AVB judging on what I've seen so far. The big problem is though, how is AVB going to reverse the trend we have of bottling it when it really counts? It's been ingrained in the club unfortunatey in recent history. I honestly thought we'd turned the corner once we qualified for the CL. Then again, I'm not surprised we keep falling away at the end of the season with our strikers.

Got halfway through the first post and remembered why I prefer to to talk to real people about Spurs than read SN&V, cliched and about as aware as the taco commentating on the match on ITV4.

These are my thoughts no one else's, I thought nerves effected us against Liverpool and Inter, against the pool we played well and got into a winning position, against Inter I thought we looked a mess, I don't think Inter played particularly well, I also can't make my mind up if you are saying I am a real person or a taco, if it is the later then obviously I would say to you "fudge off".

The Liverpool loss was a fluke - a few individual errors cost us.

Yesterday we played a weakened team, with a few players obviously not suited to our formation and tactic. If anything, the Inter game showed our lack in sqaud depth, although there were also first team players having bad games yesterday.

I'm not worried, but we need a good performance and a win on Sunday, before the international break.

A lot of people said similar things about the United loss at home last season. We didn't create the chances we did at Anfield last week, but people said the same things, we played really well, didn't deserve to lose etc.

I personally don't care if we play crap until the end and Bale carries us in every game as long as we can win the Europa League AND finish ahead of either of the scums, although I would prefer to finish above THE scum.

Back