• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we begining to wobble?

Bale can't do it every game. Been saying for weeks someone else needs to step up.

With those two jokers up front, I don't know what people seriously expected. Neither create their own chances, both have non existent movement, both are always offside, both can't hold the ball up.

It's like fudging groundhog season every year!

There's no mystery about why this is happening. In the Jan window everyone knew we we're screaming out for goalscorer but Levy decided to save a few pennies. In the end saving £15m costs us £50m.

Exactly. You've done it now though, you're not allowed to criticise Levy on this forum. You can't expect to finish 4th on the cheap ahead of a team that ALWAYS finishes above us.

I'm confident we'll be back after the international break - we've just run out of steam.

if theyve run out of steam now they wont get it back

im sure its a mental thing. We are Tottenham and we dont do mental strength

get ready for the inevitable

Titanic_Trailer.jpg

The wobble is officially on, two strikers that border on fudging useless and two centre mids that don't create nothing between them, young Carrol put them to shame when he came on, so bright and actually passed the ball forwards, Bale just weren't at the races which is fair enough we cannot rely on him all the time, Fulham were well organised but how easy was it for them, for the first time in 50 years of supporting Spurs I turned it off at 80 minutes, this will test AVB now.

There's no mystery about why this is happening. In the Jan window everyone knew we we're screaming out for goalscorer but Levy decided to save a few pennies. In the end saving £15m costs us £50m.

Other than Leandro, who we were trying to get up till deadline day, who was available that would have made a difference?

If we'd bought someone just bought someone for the sake of it - Odemwingie or Mehgredo would probably have been this year's Saha and Nelsen - they'd just be out of their depth and be being booed off the pitch by our wonderful home fans.

I said at the start of the season we will finish 5th, behind Arsenal. I would have been happy with that if we had been behind them all season. But to be in such a great position three years running and it fudge it up is ridiculous.

Could be a hell of a lot worse I know, but it's the way we fall apart every year that I can't accept.

if theyve run out of steam now they wont get it back

im sure its a mental thing. We are Tottenham and we dont do mental strength

get ready for the inevitable

Titanic_Trailer.jpg

We've got a manager now who does psychology probably more/better than anyone else in the league. Mental strength is actually an area I think we'll have an advantage over our rivals in the run-in.

Other than Leandro, who we were trying to get up till deadline day, who was available that would have made a difference?

If we'd bought someone just bought someone for the sake of it - Odemwingie or Mehgredo would probably have been this year's Saha and Nelsen - they'd just be out of their depth and be being booed off the pitch by our wonderful home fans.

Anyone to be honest. Our "strikers" have 1 league goal between them since New Years Day!

Huntelaar would have been a good signing.

Llorente.

Dare I say it, Berbatov!

I said at the start of the season we will finish 5th, behind Arsenal. I would have been happy with that if we had been behind them all season. But to be in such a great position three years running and it fudge it up is ridiculous.

Could be a hell of a lot worse I know, but it's the way we fall apart every year that I can't accept.

I agree. I said 5th too as this was more a transitional period for the club.

The fact we were 3rd, close off 2nd etc, it would be very frustrating and annoying if we did indeed finish outside the top 4.

Every time this is brought up, someone uses this same argument.

We are not the scouts of the club, it is not our job to know who we can get. That is what Levy, AVB and our scouts are paid the big bucks for.

An example of this is Jackson Martinez, moved to Porto this summer for about 6 or 7 million and has scored 23 in 22 goals in the league or 31 in 34 total.

This idea that there are simply no strikers in world football that we could have bough, especially ever since we sold Berbatov, is preposterous tbh.

We've got a manager now who does psychology probably more/better than anyone else in the league. Mental strength is actually an area I think we'll have an advantage over our rivals in the run-in.

one man cannot reverse years of fcuking up/lack of success

the fragility seeps through every layer of the club

Anyone to be honest. Our "strikers" have 1 league goal between them since New Years Day!

Huntelaar would have been a good signing.

Llorente.

Dare I say it, Berbatov!

Huntelaar is crap, and flopped the two previous times he tried to step up a level. He also signed a new contract just before the window opened.

Llorente's wages were well out of league (the same as Ade yet without City paying half of them). He'd also already signed a pre-contract with a bigger club than us.

Berbatov we tried for 6 months ago but he chose Fulham over us (presumably because he saw the vitriol his pal Keane received from our fans on his return).

None of them were realistic options.

We lost 3 EPL games in a row in November and bounced back and won the next 3. We were unlucky last week and today were beaten by a well organised side.

Swansea away next up then Everton at home

I personally believe that Parker needs to be set aside for a while.

Huntelaar is crap, and flopped the two previous times he tried to step up a level. He also signed a new contract just before the window opened.

Llorente's wages were well out of league (the same as Ade yet without City paying half of them). He'd also already signed a pre-contract with a bigger club than us.

Berbatov we tried for 6 months ago but he chose Fulham over us (presumably because he saw the vitriol his pal Keane received from our fans on his return).

Huntelaar crap? And you yet you rate Adebayor so highly? The man who has two leagie goals all season.

Also don't see how Spurs is a step up from Schalke. They've been in the CL more times than we have.

Every time this is brought up, someone uses this same argument.

We are not the scouts of the club, it is not our job to know who we can get. That is what Levy, AVB and our scouts are paid the big bucks for.

An example of this is Jackson Martinez, moved to Porto this summer for about 6 or 7 million and has scored 23 in 22 goals in the league or 31 in 34 total.

This idea that there are simply no strikers in world football that we could have bough, especially ever since we sold Berbatov, is preposterous tbh.

I agree - that's a big issue.

AVB has never worked without a DoF before and was clearly desperate for one in the summer. We also sacked all our senior scouts in the Redknapp clear out.

Instead AVB has been left with our famed transfer committee made up of Deadwood, Pleat and Rosenthal. Their knowledge of South America wonderkids is obviously not up to scratch (remembering 4 of our 6 summer signings were from the EPL)

rubbish imo.....Levy left it too late with the offer. What the fcuk is new

Ok, how about people say how the recent wobble is DIFFERENT from the flops we had in the last two seasons at the same stages in the season.

Thanks

one man cannot reverse years of fcuking up/lack of success

the fragility seeps through every layer of the club

It takes time, but the progress has been very evident. The biggest demonstration of it was the win against Arsenal compared to the 5-2 in the corresponding game last season.

Huntelaar crap? And you yet you rate Adebayor so highly? The man who has two leagie goals all season.

Also don't see how Spurs is a step up from Schalke. They've been in the CL more times than we have.

Huntelaar is like a slow motion (though I'll give him a bit more clinical) Defoe. He offers absolutely nothing other than toe-ins inside the box. You just can't carry luxury goal hanging players like that in this league these days.

Ade at least links up and holds up play and is mobile. You wont catch Huntelaar doing any of those.

Last edited:
Ok, how about people say how the recent wobble is DIFFERENT from the flops we had in the last two seasons at the same stages in the season.

Thanks

It was all the previous manager's fault, he is a saggy faced ****. A better manager will lift us to a higher level etc.

That answer your question?

Back