• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we begining to wobble?

you finish at the end of the season where you deserve to finish

Now if we fall away each season i would say it is because we try very hard and then we run out of steam, i think we are risking it every year by trying to go through with our striker sitauton, loaning players in or not even doing that this year it seems a risk as our current ones are not really up to it. If we fall away i do not think we will have bottled it, just that at the start of the season the players are going hell for leather and that extra energy can carry us oer the finish line in some games.

Not sure how long we can play at such high intensity but avb had a point earlier in the season when he said if we made champs league we would have to do that next season anyway, so it good practise for the boys. Maybe also some of our players need the money from the bonus they get if we make champs league.

We seemingly do not have the finance to improve areas of the squad we need to to progress so we have to be happy with where we are and where we end up. I know how much the media hate us though and if we fell away 2 seasons running, actually i think it would be 3 then im sure they would call us bottlers and it might become a negative things around the club.

These are my thoughts no one else's, I thought nerves effected us against Liverpool and Inter, against the pool we played well and got into a winning position, against Inter I thought we looked a mess, I don't think Inter played particularly well, I also can't make my mind up if you are saying I am a real person or a taco, if it is the later then obviously I would say to you "fudge off".

No, I'm not calling you a taco, the bloke on ITV was though, but I thought you were demonstrating some of the cliched thinking he was paid handsomely to trot out. Of course, if we were real people and having this conversation over a pint I'd respect your decision to tell me to fudge off, that's what makes a chat over a pint far superior to message boards all day long. :)

No, I'm not calling you a taco, the bloke on ITV was though, but I thought you were demonstrating some of the cliched thinking he was paid handsomely to trot out. Of course, if we were real people and having this conversation over a pint I'd respect your decision to tell me to fudge off, that's what makes a chat over a pint far superior to message boards all day long. :)

My thoughts were my own, I was not aware of any other comments, I would gladly have a pint with you a fellow Spurs fan, please except my apologies if any offence was caused.

First of all, it is astonishing that we are even in this position when we consistently play with 9 or 10 men every game thanks to the ineptitude of our strikers. Not only are they inept at scoring or creating goals, they don't have the acceleration and drive to get into the box for a counterattacking line-up, or the positional awareness to get into shooting positions to feed off the players who do have that acceleration, AND we no longer have that quick brain and speed of passing in midfield to make up for their lack of dynamism.

So yes, the slow, unincisive passing and lack of intelligence of our midfielders has something to do with our meager striker haul. Holtby was supposed to help but he looks unfit and off the pace atm. However, the stupidity of our strikers also contributes - it's like a diabolical feedback cycle. Put Suarez in there and suddenly we would look so much brighter and sharper.

Naturally those aspects can only be addressed in the summer unless Carroll and Coulthirst magically turn into Xavi and RVP. However, until then, we have to make do with what we have, which is at least:

- strong workrate from every single player...we may not control midfield but we can keep the opposition from getting hold of it, and press high to force those "chaotic" situations near goal => ugly game but more chances
- good organization + Lloris => don't concede
- Siggy's crosses or set pieces + Vertonghen/Caulker/Kaboul => should be good for a goal or two
- Bale => save us

We are capable of more than a few resilient 1-0s a la Everton at their second-half-of-the-season best. I think it actually helps that we have such a difficult run-in on paper, because we are much better against teams that attack us than we are at unlocking deep defenses (hence the good away record). We were rubbish against the top teams earlier this season, but besides our discomfort on the ball a lot of that had to do with our lack of Dembele and our lack of pressing, which has improved greatly by now. Imo workrate and organization are much easier to instill than intelligence in the final third, which requires some work in the transfer window as much as anything else. That's why I favor facing attacking teams rather than happy-with-a-point teams right now.[/QUOT

Totally agree with this.

So he lost the wheels or reflexes between 7th and 14th March? Care to pin a day on it?

He hasn't had much pace since he joined us, never could jump, but what little agility he can muster fades if he plays too often. Looks OK for a game after a decent rest. He really wasn't all that great at home to Inter. They were just a very tame outfit that night and still managed to work some good chances.

2 defeats that could be put down to being freak matches, or could define the season . All depends on the result tomorrow.

Liverpool away: always struggle away to mid table northern sides . Better team, played well, literally presented them their crucial two goals

Inter away: a real odd game. Tie all but won in first leg. No surprise AVB struggled with the tactics, few managers would know how to play out the tie.

Honestly don't think Liverpool or inter were much of a shock. People going on about turning points, but Liverpool didnt play well, we gifted them the result so that's the first hurdle since Everton where we've failed to hang onto a tough away result. Certainly no cause for a massive hissy fit. Second, inter at the San Siro is a virtually impossible game for most teams on earth, not least inter with a point to prove after failing to show up in north london.

I'm quite confident we won't repeat last seasons disaster. If we beat Fulham as expected I expect the chase for 2nd to start.

Come on you Spurs

that's the spirit Howard, hope the players have more bottle than some of the posters on here :p

It's just simple ambition. You don't go to the bricklayers doom and gloom, you sing for the prize and the shirt. Beers up if you love Tottenham

There's no mystery about why this is happening. In the Jan window everyone knew we we're screaming out for goalscorer but Levy decided to save a few pennies. In the end saving £15m costs us £50m.

Back