• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arcy and KD's wager - open after Jan transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcspacE

Banned
Brad will jump ship in January - guaranteed

He needs to play at this age to be able to keep his form. Plus he has quite a bit to offer elsewhere

Re: Hugo Lloris

Actually I don't want the money (fairly worthless - tinkle it away on beer, etc.) - buy me something from the Spurs shop to the equivalent and post it down

I'll do the same in return (some local memorabilia)

That way it would attach some meaning to it

Look what I found in Classics.............and moved back in here.

Squeaky bum time, Arcy? :lol:

:lol:
There's still time. Brad could be offered the Blackburn manager's job in the next few days if they have another change.

Welsh (surname)

Welsh is a surname from the Anglo-Saxon language given to the Celtic Britons.
Contents

1 Etymology
2 People
3 External links
4 References
5 See also

Etymology

It appears that the etymology of the name Welsh is derived from the Anglo-Saxon word wilisc meaning 'foreigner', 'stranger', or 'non-Anglo-Saxon'. These terms were used by the ancient Germanic peoples to describe inhabitants of the former Roman Empire, who were largely romanised and spoke Latin or Celtic languages. The Old High German walh became walch in Middle High German and the adjectival walhisk became MHG welsch. In present day German, Welsche refers to Latin (or Romance) peoples, the Italians in particular, but also the French and the Romanic neighbours of the German speaking lands in general.

In the case of the British Isles, the Anglo-Saxon variant wilisc of the Proto-Germanic root was applied to the native British peoples encountered by the Saxon invaders and settlers during the 5th and 6th centuries AD. Over the succeeding centuries the term wilisc evolved through Middle English into welsh, becoming an epithet at once more specifically for the Welsh people and more generally for numerous types of metaphorical and real 'outsider' in medieval community life. This last point opens up a wide vista of possibilities for the genealogy and origin of the surname 'Welsh' in individual cases, thus bringing into question the easy assumption that an ancestral 'Welsh' was necessarily Celtic or a 'Welshman'.

A related colloquialism is the verb to welsh/welch ('to renege') as in 'to welsh/welch on a deal or bet', which is derived from an age-old 'English' stereotype of the Welsh/Celtic peoples as unreliable or oath-breakers.[1] This is however a somewhat pejorative term.

Don't worry Milo....i was going to bump this thread eventually but prefered to wait until it's 100% confirmed just incase...then i gloat and ask for my money with immediate effect.

Wow, are you really that worried I won't pay your 10 quid that you had to go and get help from the Mods?

Sorry for not responding to their provocations in the last few days (eventhough the transfer window is nowhere near closed but hey ho) - especially after seeing that Milo took it upon himself like a true palladin to preserve this thread in case I run away and default. GG police, release his IP!

And as far as 'gloating' goes - I expect nothing less from someone like you regarding that - fill your boots.

In fact - feel free to PM-me your details anytime from here on and I'll make sure the money is paid over asap. Even if Brad still leaves (highly unlikely) - you can keep it, dont' mind.

Last edited:
I think that you ought to calm down a little ArcspacE and show better grace. KD didn't come running to the admins. Crawley copied these across of his own accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back