• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Apple TV

If you're connecting audio directly to your TV, you're doing it wrong

TV speakers are like Apple headphones. Absolute bag of brick.

A home cinema is a must

He's not looking to carry out sound quality checks by the looks of things, simply knock one out to fake moans and screams

Unless the designated PC input is HDMI 4 (on the side) that may have a 3.5mm phono audio in, if thats the case then you can connect to that HDMI and one of these

Unless the designated PC input is HDMI 4 (on the side) that may have a 3.5mm phono audio in, if thats the case then you can connect to that HDMI and one of these

So I will connect that cable to the tv and to the mac? and at 1.99 its low risk but HIGH reward

GHod my whole system is gonna look like my TV is being operated on.

Arcey is right - I dont need base etc more like enough treble to hear the moans and groans and maybe some swallow action.

Thats only for audio, you said you had already bout something for the HDMI conversion yes? I am a little wary that the HDMI will over-ride both audio and video inputs on the PC video board of the TV but its worth a shot!

Let us know how it goes.

Thats only for audio, you said you had already bout something for the HDMI conversion yes? I am a little wary that the HDMI will over-ride both audio and video inputs on the PC video board of the TV but its worth a shot!

Let us know how it goes.

Ihave my set up for the visual side - its just for the audio. But will let you guys know ofcourse. I am sure you will hear my screams of joy if it pans out.

apple-macbook-laptop-ports-all.jpg

This is my laptop.

I think we should call an emergency COBRA meeting

Ok I have an issue. I brought my mini display thingbob and for some reason it only fits into the firewire 400 port and not in the mini dvi port. Have i GOT THE WRONG ONE?

Oh. LOL. You don't have MiniDisplayPort on that MacBook. You need mini-DVI to HDMI. I'm pretty sure you can get that cable, but back in the day you had to go mini-DVI -> DVI then DVI -> HDMI.

You might as well just get a new Mac.

Oh. LOL. You don't have MiniDisplayPort on that MacBook. You need mini-DVI to HDMI. I'm pretty sure you can get that cable, but back in the day you had to go mini-DVI -> DVI then DVI -> HDMI.

You might as well just get a new Mac.

WHAT. THE. fudge?

But I have a cable from the firewire which I can attach the HDMI to.

fudge it im gonna get a new mac. All this for a fudgein tv

there was a link here a while ago where cheap macs for like 500 quid was sold - where?

I have had enough.

Are you trying to tell me that these expensive ?ú1,000+ laptops cant even output sound over HDMI? Ridiculous.

That is what I need thanks mate - ok you owe me ?ú12.00 for the atrocity that is the firewire to HDMI adaptor What the fudge is a firewire anyways?

P.D - it is kinda ridiculous and for that reason I wont buy another mac again unless they sort it out. Although there is a audio jack which connects to tv for sound - Boonie said so.

Just getting back to this thread to witness this utter car crash. In between tinkling myself laughing, I have to say, wasn't it about connecting an apple tv to a tv screen using hdmi? Where did the laptop come from, and what's it doing in the apple tv thread!?!?!
This is genius, I love random.

Just getting back to this thread to witness this utter car crash. In between tinkling myself laughing, I have to say, wasn't it about connecting an apple tv to a tv screen using hdmi? Where did the laptop come from, and what's it doing in the apple tv thread!?!?!
This is genius, I love random.

Thats the initial OP but I hijacked it. i think Leeds has had his query answered and resolved.

My topic was about linking a mac to a tv. Obviously it transcended into this farce. I think alot of important themes came out of this.

a) Macs are brick
b) Macs are as flexible as a plank of fudgein wood
c) Some people on here owe me ?ú12.00 including you you monkey boy
d) Youre a ****

Thats the initial OP but I hijacked it. i think Leeds has had his query answered and resolved.

My topic was about linking a mac to a tv. Obviously it transcended into this farce. I think alot of important themes came out of this.

a) Macs are brick
b) Macs are as flexible as a plank of fudgein wood
c) Some people on here owe me ?ú12.00 including you you monkey boy
d) Youre a ****

:ross:

It has to be said, that while I think Apple make some great products, some of their hardware decisions are completely and utterly arse over tit!

You've been able to get ?ú300-400 cheapo laptops for a good few years that have a standard HDMI socket for video/audio output to a big screen TV, yet even now the most expensive Apple laptops don't have this basic feature, you still have to spend extra on an adaptor for what should be a standard built in feature.

It has to be said, that while I think Apple make some great products, some of their hardware decisions are completely and utterly arse over tit!

You've been able to get ?ú300-400 cheapo laptops for a good few years that have a standard HDMI socket for video/audio output to a big screen TV, yet even now the most expensive Apple laptops don't have this basic feature, you still have to spend extra on an adaptor for what should be a standard built in feature.

I guess its how they make money huh - through the sale of accessories and adaptors. It is a bit ludicrous when you do spend over ?ú1000 then realise it doesnt have the capability to do what you want it to do without having to spend an extra few quid to make it do what you want it to do.

Connecting a laptop to a TV is by no means an absolute must requirement in most users.

Having a solid machine with excellent built quality and hardware/OS integration I'd say is much higher up on the agenda.

Connecting a laptop to a TV is by no means an absolute must requirement in most users.

Having a solid machine with excellent built quality and hardware/OS integration I'd say is much higher up on the agenda.

Thats true and I have had my mac for four years and not had one bit of trouble with it compared to my previous PCs i.e. Dell. I guess its just that I am in a bit of shock about it.

Also I think things are changing now where there is an increasing number of people wanting to integrate their technology products. Apple are great at having all their products integrated.

That is what I need thanks mate - ok you owe me ?ú12.00 for the atrocity that is the firewire to HDMI adaptor What the fudge is a firewire anyways?

P.D - it is kinda ridiculous and for that reason I wont buy another mac again unless they sort it out. Although there is a audio jack which connects to tv for sound - Boonie said so.

Not on my say so. You had already bought that when I got involved

Back