• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Nusa

So you dont think I talk sense?
I want Spurs to be the best.. and sometime you have to go the extra mile to get the best.. but ppl here can dream about us signing 60+mill players… I belive we where good with having alternativs earlier and got Vic and VDV when others transfers whent out the window.. but I have a bad feeling this will bite us in the ass.
ppl in here are shoure the reason is that he didnt get playing time here and thats why he whent to Bentford.. I belive we didnt go all in for him..
And your belief that we didn't go all in for him is based on what exactly?

I'm not sure of what happened. We can't be sure. Just like you can't be sure and should temper your criticism of the club accordingly if you want to talk sense.

Well, if it's that serious, we'd have identified the issues and likely pulled out of a deal too.
Poor kid could face an Ansu Fati future. Hope he gets clarity fast and treatment to resolve it is possible.
Yeah, most likely would have caused issues either way if this is accurate.

Hope for his sake he gets it sorted out sooner or later. He's a special talent.

It does go to show that this isn't a game of football manager. So many moving parts in a football transfer that need to be considered. At least 3 parties involved. Selling club, buying club, player. All needs must be satisfied. Before you come to financials, agents, fitness, suitability...

We've all named players we think would take us to the next level. (Been saying wirtz for a couple of years now, szlozbay or however you spull it, too). But forget the ones we named that didn't do anything with their careers.

We all want the best for the club. But we should understand that they might not buy the players we want them to. Which might not be bad in the end. I doubt anyone on here was screaming to buy vicario 18 months ago.

It does go to show that this isn't a game of football manager. So many moving parts in a football transfer that need to be considered. At least 3 parties involved. Selling club, buying club, player. All needs must be satisfied. Before you come to financials, agents, fitness, suitability...

We've all named players we think would take us to the next level. (Been saying wirtz for a couple of years now, szlozbay or however you spull it, too). But forget the ones we named that didn't do anything with their careers.

We all want the best for the club. But we should understand that they might not buy the players we want them to. Which might not be bad in the end. I doubt anyone on here was screaming to buy vicario 18 months ago.
Top post mate.

Vicario, VDV, Udogie, Sarr all probably fit in the "none of us knew they existed pre being linked to Spurs category"

You can also go through the PL at players that other clubs got over us that didn't quite pan out

So everyone threw their toys out the pram for a 18 year old that is fudged physically, missed a bunch of game this season already. Sounds like the combination of injury concerns, costs, and player demands led to a decent decision for the club .. who knew ..

How about the next big thing who rejected Brentford in the summer - Bakeyoko. A proven winger at PSV with a couple of years on Nusa. He would cost more but seems worthwhile.
Mentioned him in another thread. Further along in his development and I have seen him play. Kept an eye on PSV after Slot rejected us.

Absolutely top post.

We all name players and then they don't work and their is zero consequence to our failings to naming duds....easy game init

Also, respectfully, other clubs can do as they wish and have a right to sign players, the idea we should be able to trump everyone else out there and muscle in on deals some ridiculous notion pushed by Spurs fans.

Post of the day mate. 👏

we won't know until they sign. Or Fabrizio Romano says "Here we Go"

The point though was saying that we didn’t mind not getting Tapsoba as we got Van de Ven. We do need higher calibre attacking players and Nusa appeared to be an excellent prospect. The news about his potential injury problems may mean that we pulled out due to not wanting to take risks with the player BUT it doesn’t remove the need for us to see high calibre attacking players of now and for the future.

I thought that as a player Nusa had similarities with Kvaratskhelia who is a player that I highly rate and had wanted us to sign a couple of seasons back. Now he’s out of our range sadly and so maybe Nusa to me was a chance to get what we had missed but you’re right that there will be alternatives in future.

The point though was saying that we didn’t mind not getting Tapsoba as we got Van de Ven. We do need higher calibre attacking players and Nusa appeared to be an excellent prospect. The news about his potential injury problems may mean that we pulled out due to not wanting to take risks with the player BUT it doesn’t remove the need for us to see high calibre attacking players of now and for the future.

I thought that as a player Nusa had similarities with Kvaratskhelia who is a player that I highly rate and had wanted us to sign a couple of seasons back. Now he’s out of our range sadly and so maybe Nusa to me was a chance to get what we had missed but you’re right that there will be alternatives in future.

I tthink the idea that any players out of reach is premature now. We are clearly in a good financial health, the lack of spending this window suggests others are not. Given that and FFP biting means anyone that wants to do anything, rebuild, reinvent will have to work with some flexibility.

Said before and I stand by it, if anyone's gonna buy an established star this summer we will be up there for doing it IMO

Add to that we could literally double sometimes treble our investments on 90% of our first team makes for a good worse case outlook and maybe gives us confidence in market

Last edited:

I guess the only way to approach that state of mind is to put your trust in the Paratici machine. He's produced players from nowhere that we'd never heard of or lusted after and we've become a much stronger unit as a result - I'm not meaning Romero or the like, I'm talking about Udogie and certainly Vicario, who despite being a well acknowledged player in Italy had next to no status here in the UK - probably cos Donnarunna will be the first choice Italian keeper for the next 10 years and so Vic's international profile was stunted.

I'm tired and have wondered off piste a tad - but the gist is trust the process - we now seem to have a manager and support staff who share our views on those players who are not good enough and they won't rest until we're the best we can be.

HInchcliffe was announced officially by the club as having signed too - that was a crazy 48 hours.
If you remember that, you'll probably also remember Jose Chamot. I think there was some official comment that he was nearly done and then that fell through too.

Norwegian national team doctor had his say on Nusa, and they've seen no issues with his knees, other than that hes still growing, so they aren't fully developed yet so to say. That was his take on it, and he's a leading orthopedic expert.

Norwegian national team doctor had his say on Nusa, and they've seen no issues with his knees, other than that hes still growing, so they aren't fully developed yet so to say. That was his take on it, and he's a leading orthopedic expert.
Hope that’s true.

Cheeky 15m bid?!

I tthink the idea that any players out of reach is premature now. We are clearly in a good financial health, the lack of spending this window suggests others are not. Given that and FFP biting means anyone that wants to do anything, rebuild, reinvent will have to work with some flexibility.

Said before and I stand by it, if anyone's gonna buy an established star this summer we will be up there for doing it IMO

Add to that we could literally double sometimes treble our investments on 90% of our first team makes for a good worse case outlook and maybe gives us confidence in market
Can't see it. No matter the FFP situation, I don't see us being a club willing to spend 100m this summer. We will work the way we have done at our best. Look for undervalued or underappreciated players purchased for good fees.

Back