• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

How do you do that in the current landscape without financial doping?

If financial doping is the answer then so be it, otherwise we will be left behind like historic clubs. Even West Ham have new part owners that are looking to invest ... we could find ourselves behind the likes of Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham and Arsenal very very quickly. Let that sink in for a moment. This whole moral high road was nice and romantic, but the financial model works and we should not be missing out for feeling that it is the way forward as it certainly is not.

What have you seen from Levy that indicates he doesn't want trophies? (Apart from the nonsensical firing of Mourinho before a final).

I think people are looking for Levy to act like the owners of Leicester, Aston Villa, Everton etc, who have pumped in lots of their personal money into the club. Personally i'm not a fan of financial doping but i can see why others would prefer we operate in this way.

If Levy had put lots of his own personal money into the club and we were in this exact same position i don't think there would be such an outcry for him to go. It seems to be less about the actual amount of money spent and more about where that money is coming from. Seems very odd to me.

If financial doping is the answer then so be it, otherwise we will be left behind like historic clubs. Even West Ham have new part owners that are looking to invest ... we could find ourselves behind the likes of Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham and Arsenal very very quickly. Let that sink in for a moment. This whole moral high road was nice and romantic, but the financial model works and we should not be missing out for feeling that it is the way forward as it certainly is not.

That would remove all value to it then no?

It’s no longer about skill and intelligence, how would that be satisfying?

That would remove all value to it then no?

It’s no longer about skill and intelligence, how would that be satisfying?

I agree with you 100% but its not going to get us anywhere ... Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project have become massive global entities where when I grew up you wouldn't even hear about them unless they beat the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool in the FA CUP.

The game has changed and possibly for the worse but its certainly proof that where money is invested success follows.

I think people are looking for Levy to act like the owners of Leicester, Aston Villa, Everton etc, who have pumped in lots of their personal money into the club. Personally i'm not a fan of financial doping but i can see why others would prefer we operate in this way.

If Levy had put lots of his own personal money into the club and we were in this exact same position i don't think there would be such an outcry for him to go. It seems to be less about the actual amount of money spent and more about where that money is coming from. Seems very odd to me.
Levy isn’t that rich is afraid
He is probably worth about £50m in cash terms at a guess plus his interest in Tottenham

I agree with you 100% but its not going to get us anywhere ... Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project have become massive global entities where when I grew up you wouldn't even hear about them unless they beat the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool in the FA CUP.

The game has changed and possibly for the worse but its certainly proof that where money is invested success follows.

I think it’s more important to be right.

I think you are right, and it’s mad.

I see it as staggering entitlement, some part of the fanbase want someone to just buy them nice things, rather than have us earn them.

Levy isn’t that rich is afraid
He is probably worth about £50m in cash terms at a guess plus his interest in Tottenham

This makes it all the more bizarre because all he can do then is make spurs as financially successful as possible and put that money back into the team, which seems to be what he's doing. Unless people are saying we should increase our debt levels to put even more into the side.

It seems maybe the anger should be directed at Lewis but it seems to be Levy that's the target.

@DubaiSpur 's take is he is on a win/win apparently.

And all that is important is that he wins. He cares for the club but doesn't mind some volcanic explosion in the short term.

All that is important is that the *club* wins. Not me.

The club wins with Conte, either way. Either he forces that lying coward of a chairman to back him, or he exposes Levy for the deadweight he is to our fans and the world, as he is doing now.

Either way, club wins. We end up with a squad not quite so painfully mediocre and useless, or we start the process of removing Lewis and his useless henchman, which to me is the one thing that will aid the health and future of the club more than anything else.

I don't deny that there will be short- term pain involved - removing utter grifters like ENIC is never painless. In the latter case, there will a lot of stadium unrest, a lot of chanting, a lot of protests, and a lot of time needed.

But it is the healthy thing at this point, because we are a club built on sand under ENIC, that pretends to want to win but is only really focused on ensuring Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis never spend a penny on the club they own. And the cognitive dissonance of that is what has prevented us winning, for twenty years.

And whether I win or lose in this is immaterial - I'm one voice in hundreds of thousands. But hopefully I can change minds so more people see the situation for what it is, in time. And when ENIC goes, we can all dream again - I will take that as a personal win. :)

This makes it all the more bizarre because all he can do then is make spurs as financially successful as possible and put that money back into the team, which seems to be what he's doing. Unless people are saying we should increase our debt levels to put even more into the side.

It seems maybe the anger should be directed at Lewis but it seems to be Levy that's the target.

ha, yes, this is all he can do, it’s all any football club chairman should have expected of them

So your take is that Conte will leave this season or come the summer?

Leaning towards it, yeah. I kept saying January was important, that it was key to avoid all the excuses from the likes of 'I hate January' Hitchen and his coward of a boss and do some actual business. We did nothing until January 31 and brought in two Juve rejects, and the plot unravelled immediately after that. To my mind, we've already failed Conte.

Probably will see another summer window where we sleep until August 31, Levy makes his usual utterly fake bid for some high-profile player to try to con people (like Diaz, Dybala, Llorente, Aguero or Rossi), and we end up with a couple of rejects/wasters or trash like Doherty. The script rarely changes, as evidenced by 20 years of how that lying deadweight operates.

If Conte is patient enough, he'll stay until then and leave once it's clear we have no intention of changing to a club that wants to win. If not, he'll walk before the end of the season and we appoint Mason again and try for Poch in the summer, appointing some no-mark like Potter when that fails.

Makes no sense for him to spend years at a club whose highest ambitions are Europa Conference League footie and hosting the NFL.

He walked from Chelsea after winning league and the fa Cup because he felt he was not backed, he left Inter after winning the league because he was told he was going to lose a key player. So I think the fact that he says is happy is irrelevant, he has previous so he will be happy until he is not, and that will be if crucial additions are not made this summer.
Well let's stand the jury down til then?....let's wait for the summer and assess where we're at.

All that is important is that the *club* wins. Not me.

The club wins with Conte, either way. Either he forces that lying coward of a chairman to back him, or he exposes Levy for the deadweight he is to our fans and the world, as he is doing now.

Either way, club wins. We end up with a squad not quite so painfully mediocre and useless, or we start the process of removing Lewis and his useless henchman, which to me is the one thing that will aid the health and future of the club more than anything else.

I don't deny that there will be short- term pain involved - removing utter grifters like ENIC is never painless. In the latter case, there will a lot of stadium unrest, a lot of chanting, a lot of protests, and a lot of time needed.

But it is the healthy thing at this point, because we are a club built on sand under ENIC, that pretends to want to win but is only really focused on ensuring Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis never spend a penny on the club they own. And the cognitive dissonance of that is what has prevented us winning, for twenty years.

And whether I win or lose in this is immaterial - I'm one voice in hundreds of thousands. But hopefully I can change minds so more people see the situation for what it is, in time. And when ENIC goes, we can all dream again - I will take that as a personal win. :)

Grifters don't spend £1bn building stadiums.

Grifters don't spend £1bn building stadiums.

They spent nothing. Club's money, reinvested into stadium - it had to be spent somewhere, they just stuck it into the ground.

They could have just taken it out as well, but then far fewer people would have been fooled by them. They'll make that money on the sale, they know that. As long as their pennies remain safe and Dan has his deep pockets and short arms, they're happy as pigs at the trough.

Back