• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Have to wonder whether he'd walk away if we draw a blank in the transfer window. He's one of the best managers in the world, and would he risk his reputation continuing with a defective squad? Or would he wait to see what happens in the summer window?
He has no risk here at all
It’s why he joined, as well as £15M a year and his ex colleague
He does his contract length and he can leave blaming the club. No one would argue with him

Have to wonder whether he'd walk away if we draw a blank in the transfer window. He's one of the best managers in the world, and would he risk his reputation continuing with a defective squad? Or would he wait to see what happens in the summer window?

I am pretty sure he will still be here until at least until the summer window.

Even more comments today from Conte on transfer business. It is actually literally everyday that he is commenting on it now.

The latest says the meeting he had with Daniel and Fabio was good and they are now in no doubt what he wants BUT he doesn’t know if they will be able to do it and meet his vision for the club.

This effectively translates to ‘find the money either via the owner (zero chance of that) or get it from elsewhere (outsider investment)’.

The former wont happen under any circumstances whatsoever. Not even 1 pence. The latter will take months if it ever happens at all.

Conte gone within 18 months tops, most likely before next season starts.

Everything Daniel has built to get us to this moment; training ground, stadium, paratici and conte, all thrown in the bin by our selfish bastard owner, who has no love for our club or its fans.

Edit: and btw how would external investment even work? Someone buys say 10% of the club based on a total valuation of circa £1.5bn, which all goes into Joe’s pocket. And then this new part owner is the one that provides funds for players? No chance surely.

Instead sell the stadium naming rights? £25m per season tops will make no difference at all. In summary there is no averting our current trajectory which is to smash into the rocks.

Last edited:
Even more comments today from Conte on transfer business. It is actually literally everyday that he is commenting on it now.

The latest says the meeting he had with Daniel and Fabio was good and they are now in no doubt what he wants BUT he doesn’t know if they will be able to do it and meet his vision for the club.

This effectively translates to ‘find the money either via the owner (zero chance of that) or get it from elsewhere (outsider investment)’.

The former wont happen under any circumstances whatsoever. Not even 1 pence. The latter will take months if it ever happens at all.

Conte gone within 18 months tops, most likely before next season starts.

Everything Daniel has built to get us to this moment; training ground, stadium, paratici and conte, all thrown in the bin by our selfish bastard owner, who has no love for our club or its fans.

Edit: and btw how would external investment even work? Someone buys say 10% of the club based on a total valuation of circa £1.5bn, which all goes into Joe’s pocket. And then this new part owner is the one that provides funds for players? No chance surely.

Instead sell the stadium naming rights? £25m per season tops will make no difference at all. In summary there is no averting our current trajectory which is to smash into the rocks.
Imagine making comments on transfer business, you'd think it was January, the transfer window open and journalists were asking him questions about transfers... Oh wait...

As for what he says you are twisting it to suit your anti-Levy/Enic agenda. I suppose you did make a post yesterday that didn't include anything anti-Enic or aimed abusive language at them so it needs to be balanced out today.

Imagine making comments on transfer business, you'd think it was January, the transfer window open and journalists were asking him questions about transfers... Oh wait...

As for what he says you are twisting it to suit your anti-Levy/Enic agenda. I suppose you did make a post yesterday that didn't include anything anti-Enic or aimed abusive language at them so it needs to be balanced out today.

I’m not anti Levy, quite the opposite. He has done an incredible job despite the chains Lewis has made him work in for 20 years.

I have just come to realise that Lewis absolutely must go for this club to move forwards. We need someone who cares for the club and is willing to on occasion offer additional financial support for playing staff recruitment, to complement what the stadium will generate. Like the leicester and aston villa owners do for example. Until that happens we will not progress.

I would like Daniel to stay and understand why he doesn’t want a full sale of the club - as it would likely mean he’s out of a job - but a part sale with that buyer offering financial support of the type we need is not realistic imo. If the money they paid for their shares went to the club then maybe. But it will go into our owners greedy bastard pockets.

I know I am the only one discussing this now, but we all will be when Conte leaves in the next 6-18 months, due to a lack of financial support on playing staff recruitment.

I’m not anti Levy, quite the opposite. He has done an incredible job despite the chains Lewis has made him work in for 20 years.

I have just come to realise that Lewis absolutely must go for this club to move forwards. We need someone who cares for the club and is willing to on occasion offer additional financial support for playing staff recruitment, to complement what the stadium will generate. Like the leicester and aston villa owners do for example. Until that happens we will not progress.

I would like Daniel to stay and understand why he doesn’t want a full sale of the club - as it would likely mean he’s out of a job - but a part sale with that buyer offering financial support of the type we need is not realistic imo. If the money they paid for their shares went to the club then maybe. But it will go into our owners greedy bastard pockets.

I know I am the only one discussing this now, but we all will be when Conte leaves in the next 6-18 months, due to a lack of financial support on playing staff recruitment.
If the club is sold Levy walks away with upwards of £300m
He will be happy to not work

And there is what is wrong with football. It shouldn't be decided by who has the richest owner or who gambles the most. It'swhy clubs go into administration and players wages are so ridiculous. You shouldn't hate an owner because the club is self sufficient and he won't buy you the striker you want for xmas.

Bring in the independent regulator to sort it out. All clubs should be self sufficient.

And there is what is wrong with football. It shouldn't be decided by who has the richest owner or who gambles the most. It'swhy clubs go into administration and players wages are so ridiculous. You shouldn't hate an owner because the club is self sufficient and he won't buy you the striker you want for xmas.

Bring in the independent regulator to sort it out. All clubs should be self sufficient.

I didn’t call for a roman/sheikh style owner. Just someone who cares and can assist when needed. Yes in an ideal world it would work like you say but that isn't reality and its not going to change. So we have to change or we will forever be bang average.

And again the change I’m calling for is not the roman/sheikh type. I do not want that as its outright cheating and I wouldn’t enjoy the success that follows. At the moment though we have the total opposite owner which is actually worse. I would rather have roman over lewis. But I want neither, just someone who actually cares about the club or can grow to care about the club, is actually interested and will help where needed to just give us a little push now and again. I dont see that as cheating personally, especially when all clubs of note are at it.

We must change or we go nowhere. Fwiw though we will not change imo and so this sad tale is going to play out.

I didn’t call for a roman/sheikh style owner. Just someone who cares and can assist when needed. Yes in an ideal world it would work like you say but that isn't reality and its not going to change. So we have to change or we will forever be bang average.

And again the change I’m calling for is not the roman/sheikh type. I do not want that as its outright cheating and I wouldn’t enjoy the success that follows. At the moment though we have the total opposite owner which is actually worse. I would rather have roman over lewis. But I want neither, just someone who actually cares about the club or can grow to care about the club, is actually interested and will help where needed to just give us a little push now and again. I dont see that as cheating personally, especially when all clubs of note are at it.

We must change or we go nowhere. Fwiw though we will not change imo and so this sad tale is going to play out.

Why isn't it the reality? It is in spain with their spending cap. What do you think the main job of the independent regulator will be? It will be to sort out the finances in football. Stop clubs going into administration that not only costs the club, but the taxpayer and other businesses that club owes money to.

Anyway May it gets voted in parliament. Probably won't be up and running for the summer window but hopefully not long after that. Then you'll have to find something else to moan about.

We can keep saying the system is rigged against us but guess what - if you want to win things these days you have to have a lot of money - this is getting worse, not better and fwiw I want us to win things and, short of drug money I would be very happy with a sugar daddy owner - it certainly beats waiting for change to be imposed. Alan Sugar was saying 25 years ago that big transfers and big wages couldn't last! :(

I put the following on the Transfer thread earlier:

I watch every window to see some real commitment from the Club in terms of spend and nothing ever seems to change. There is no intention by Levy of trying to get the level up to the top three clubs. We don't have a sugar Daddy - I get that (or we do but Lewis won't spend his own money) BUT while Levy holds out for a great stadium naming rights deal which would inject cash, he has probably missed out on two year's worth of that income - possibly around £40M.

Anyway the main point is that Levy doesn't like spending money on transfer fees. Here's what he said - word for word - on All or Nothing:

"In 2001, we decided that we were going to embark on two massive projects which was the Academy and the Stadium. The Academy was important because we need to have a production line of players; the idea that you can run a club that every year you can go and spend tens of millions of pounds on the player is just unsustainable"

So there you have it - I give him very top marks for the Stadium and the training centre, but he has failed in terms of the outputs from the Academy and with it, the scouting team AND he simply won't change his philosophy on transfers.

And so we will go on in this cycle of: new manager: hopes raised: new Manager gets disillusioned with transfer approach: results drop and manager leaves - rinse and repeat.

We're doomed, Captain Mainwaring, doomed, I tell you...

Why isn't it the reality? It is in spain with their spending cap. What do you think the main job of the independent regulator will be? It will be to sort out the finances in football. Stop clubs going into administration that not only costs the club, but the taxpayer and other businesses that club owes money to.

Anyway May it gets voted in parliament. Probably won't be up and running for the summer window but hopefully not long after that. Then you'll have to find something else to moan about.

As far as I know nothing has been finalised as to how this will work exactly and what they will be doing. You can assume but until it is all set in stone, formalised, in place and what is decided will clearly have a significant effect, then I will remain extremely sceptical.

As far as I know nothing has been finalised as to how this will work exactly and what they will be doing. You can assume but until it is all set in stone, formalised, in place and what is decided will clearly have a significant effect, then I will remain extremely sceptical.

If fans spent less time trying to get enic out, and instead petitioned their mps to get an independent regulator in. We might have a good chance. More chance than getting enic out anyway.

They will be a car crash club for whoever’s takes over
They don’t have a structure for anyone to fix the club
They buy players because they are names not because they fit the system
They would rather get a new sponsor than develop the team or the ground
They just need the right manager. They have everything else in place to be one of the best 3 clubs in the country and winning big trophies.

They just need the right manager. They have everything else in place to be one of the best 3 clubs in the country and winning big trophies.
Such as?
Their facilities and infrastructure are very poor by top clubs standards
They have money but that hasnt helped them for some time
They have the biggest history and fan base but that doesn’t win things
What they need is a top down change
People in the club who are capable for a club of that scale
I haven’t seen any examples of that at united for some time
This summer showed how bonkers they are now (they were always smart before) buying a great young player in Sancho (yes he hasnt shown it there yet) and then bringing in Ronaldo to stop city getting him, thereby roostering up any plans anyone may have had for the squad

Back