• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I tend to agree with the view that there is some validity in quite a lot of what he said. However, he totally undermined himself by deflecting every single molecule of blame away from himself. He now has absolutely zero credibility. It is blindingly obvious, for example, that he has no plan B and that his tactics haven’t evolved in the slightest to suit the squad at his disposal. So to shift the blame to all corners - players, chairman, owners, fans - except his own is ludicrous. Frankly, I’d suggest that his decision to pass the buck rather than front up and accept some responsibility is extremely selfish. Which is rather ironic.

100%. Spot on.

If Conte thinks the players are the problem then why has his starting XI remained virtually unchanged for most/all the season? If the players don't want to play under pressure he is creating a situation whereby they aren't under pressure to perform. Pochettino had similar problems at the start of his time with us, he identified the issues (quietly/internally) and then resolved them without even needing a transfer window to do so - now you aren't always going to have a group of youngsters ready to call on (even though we appear to have a few who fit that description) but Conte is 3 windows and 200m of signings in to things here - simply put he should have been able to make some headway in to changing things by now.

If Conte thinks the players are the problem then why has his starting XI remained virtually unchanged for most/all the season? If the players don't want to play under pressure he is creating a situation whereby they aren't under pressure to perform. Pochettino had similar problems at the start of his time with us, he identified the issues (quietly/internally) and then resolved them without even needing a transfer window to do so - now you aren't always going to have a group of youngsters ready to call on (even though we appear to have a few who fit that description) but Conte is 3 windows and 200m of signings in to things here - simply put he should have been able to make some headway in to changing things by now.

Exactly this, and irony of all ironies is that when we freshened up against Palace, forced, we looked decent enough only for those players to then be frozen back out or sent out on loan. No rhyme or reason to his decision making and therefore his rant for me....

Indeed, he plays the same players all the time then bitches about them.

Danjuma may not be the solution to our problems but he had enough about him to lead his club to the semis of the CL meanwhile Conte refused to give him a go. Makes no sense if he had no faith in the players he was playing.

Tbf it's quite impressive.

We must be the biggest challenge it football. If you want to be a truly elite manager don't go to madrid or city. Win something at spurs. You'll be considered the goat.

I dont think the Spurs job is a bad one now - after years of famine, we're investing in the squad but we're always going to do things on a gradual basis rather than a splurge.

Assuming we sign a couple CBs and a GK this summer, then whoever is manager next season will inherit a decent team with some back-ups.

[New GK], Porro, Romero, [New CB], [New CB], Bentancur, Kulu, Richie, Kane, Son - are all top 4 quality players
Udogie, Bisouma, Skipp, Sarr have the potential to get to that same level over time
Then there's some reliable squad players who give 100% but have some limits in their ability: Royal, PEH, Davies, Forster etc

That's a group of 18 players who a new manager should be able to mould into a very competitive unit

Tbf it's quite impressive.

We must be the biggest challenge it football. If you want to be a truly elite manager don't go to madrid or city. Win something at spurs. You'll be considered the goat.

And if you don't, you just join a list of other managers that haven't and pick up a nice wage a long the way...

I dont think the Spurs job is a bad one now - after years of famine, we're investing in the squad but we're always going to do things on a gradual basis rather than a splurge.

Assuming we sign a couple CBs and a GK this summer, then whoever is manager next season will inherit a decent team with some back-ups.

[New GK], Porro, Romero, [New CB], [New CB], Bentancur, Kulu, Richie, Kane, Son - are all top 4 quality players
Udogie, Bisouma, Skipp, Sarr have the potential to get to that same level over time
Then there's some reliable squad players who give 100% but have some limits in their ability: Royal, PEH, Davies, Forster etc

That's a group of 18 players who a new manager should be able to mould into a very competitive unit

I agree. Said it before, it's a shame as i thought we were only a few players away.

Just the perception of the club at the moment is, sexy, can't win trophies, breaks even the best managers.

Anyone who does come in and win something would make a real name for themselves.

weren’t motivated under Jose, Nuno or Poch either, this is exactly what we always see around this time

the players are clams, they’ve let another manager down
Absolute BS. They ran through brick walls for Poch for 4 years. Under Jose and Nuno they weren't allowed play, same with Conte.

I fully agree
We really are not far off being a top side
Not Emirates Marketing Project level, but no one is
However beat of the rest level with a decent coach and 3/4 signings in the right and obvious areas

The point about having a superior squad is a slightly moot point when complaining about individual games in This league. Every team is capable of beating everyone. What matters is where you are and finish in the league. Yes we drew away to the team bottom of the league, yet we are fourth (albeit having played more games). We must of beaten some decent teams to be up there, and the league at both top and bottom bar the top 2 is so congested because there is very thin lines between the majority of matches. Yes on paper we have a better squad but if I went through all the ‘top teams’ results I’m sure there would be these types of results for all of them. You just have to be as consistent as possible in preventing them, obviously we have had a few but considering where we are sitting we certainly haven’t been THAT bad….
Don't get hung up by the table. It doesn't always tell you the actual picture of how a team is performing and can mask serious underlying issues. The fact we're 4th is more of a fluke than a true measure of our performance, because in terms of performance we're closer to 8th than 4th.

Back