• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Our first halves are poor because we have had players make individual mistakes. Ignoring the play if we don’t have Hugo make his fudge ups or others too the halves aren’t as bad as we think

the other thing we aren’t highlighting is we play better away… I wonder why

Individual mistakes are obviously a problem but they’re not the only reason our first halves are awful. And it still falls on Conte: why does he keep picking those players?

All this to say…I don’t see us moving in the right direction at all, considering how we finished last season.

Last edited:
Are all coaches (the best ones in particular) just stubborn? Pep is far too clever for his own good, Poch was famous for dragging his heels with subs and for being too loyal to players. Conte is stubborn also. Wenger rigidly stuck to a formula when it came to subs. The only high profile example of someone who isn’t is Fergie as he wasn’t afraid to move players on and was adaptable when it came to tactics, often deployed Fletcher and Ji Sung Park in big games even though they weren’t always regulars. Is he an outlier?

Individual mistakes are obviously a problem but they’re not the only reason our first halves are awful. And it still falls on Conte: why does he keep picking those players?

All this to say…I don’t see us moving in the right direction at all, considering how we finished last season.
Because he a stubborn clown shoe

genuine shout out here…. How many clubs has he left with the fans up in arms that he was leaving…

My main issue with Conte-ball is that it does not excite me much. Even when we're "on fire" I find us predictable and unexciting. It was weird watching the game yesterday, and experience the same "meh!"-feeling both when we scored, and when they scored. I'm worried about the lack of enthusiasm Conte manages to raise in me, it is a total lethargy.

Honestly, I swear to cow! I think we need to make a drastic change of direction. And to get back to our own heritage, instead of trying to copy those around us

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It’s nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It is about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”

And

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

Are all coaches (the best ones in particular) just stubborn? Pep is far too clever for his own good, Poch was famous for dragging his heels with subs and for being too loyal to players. Conte is stubborn also. Wenger rigidly stuck to a formula when it came to subs. The only high profile example of someone who isn’t is Fergie as he wasn’t afraid to move players on and was adaptable when it came to tactics, often deployed Fletcher and Ji Sung Park in big games even though they weren’t always regulars. Is he an outlier?

Are we talking just subs? If it's formations conte over his career has changed a few times. 424, 352, 343... When italy manager he said that 424 was his favoured formation but at some teams he didn't have the players to implement it.

Are we talking just subs? If it's formations conte over his career has changed a few times. 424, 352, 343... When italy manager he said that 424 was his favoured formation but at some teams he didn't have the players to implement it.

Wasn’t limited to subs but he is too slow to react at times I feel. I was also getting at his team selections; sticking with Son, Lloris and Royal for so long. Same with Dier. He may have changed formations in the past but he’s flogging the same formation with us and doesn’t seem to have much interest in adapting depending on who we are playing. I know the best teams and coaches always want to impose their style on the other team but we’re not a top team in any shape or form this season so we need to be a bit more flexible.

Wasn’t limited to subs but he is too slow to react at times I feel. I was also getting at his team selections; sticking with Son, Lloris and Royal for so long. Same with Dier. He may have changed formations in the past but he’s flogging the same formation with us and doesn’t seem to have much interest in adapting depending on who we are playing. I know the best teams and coaches always want to impose their style on the other team but we’re not a top team in any shape or form this season so we need to be a bit more flexible.

We played 352 against utd and liverpool this season. We changed to 424 against chelsea.

If conte does leave i think give mason another go. Did well last time and has been coaching with conte now. Bring in some experienced coaches to help him along.
What.... No please

That's how Dier ended up in CB

Bottom 10 clubs can afford to pay experienced coaches

Sounds like us to have our own Arteta

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

In truth we have to let him ride out this storm. But I wouldn’t be buying any Conte’s system only player this window.

I think it needs to be an ultimatum (really today, but it should have happened pre-WC). Year extension to contract, or part with immediate effect.

You can't buy players for a coach where the default is he is moving back to Italy in 4 month's time.

Only the top 2 have scored more goals than us, and that is despite the almost invisibility of Son this season, that is something to be proud off.

Alas, no one else in the top 12 has conceded as many goals. That defence needs a clear out or we will remain fukked.
Agree, but with Kane probably leaving at end of the season we will be as much in need at the top end aswell. Plus I don't see Son recovering to his previous levels. Deary me this 'painful rebuild' is getting more and more painful....

I think it needs to be an ultimatum (really today, but it should have happened pre-WC). Year extension to contract, or part with immediate effect.

You can't buy players for a coach where the default is he is moving back to Italy in 4 month's time.

I want him to stay but agree totally with this. And it really should have been sorted out over the WC one way or the other. More poor decisions on the football side by the board.

In truth we have to let him ride out this storm. But I wouldn’t be buying any Conte’s system only player this window.

That's the problem though isn't it, we can't shape our transfer window dealings on uncertainty, we either back Conte (if we actually can) or don't, half arsing it won't work at all.

Letting him ride out the storm but not providing what he needs to go one step further just means another storm is on the way from Conte...

That's the problem though isn't it, we can't shape our transfer window dealings on uncertainty, we either back Conte (if we actually can) or don't, half arsing it won't work at all.

Letting him ride out the storm but not providing what he needs to go one step further just means another storm is on the way from Conte...
100%
It’s all in or exit him
And so far this window it’s not all in

My main issue with Conte-ball is that it does not excite me much. Even when we're "on fire" I find us predictable and unexciting. It was weird watching the game yesterday, and experience the same "meh!"-feeling both when we scored, and when they scored. I'm worried about the lack of enthusiasm Conte manages to raise in me, it is a total lethargy.

Honestly, I swear to cow! I think we need to make a drastic change of direction. And to get back to our own heritage, instead of trying to copy those around us

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It’s nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It is about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”

And

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

I'm on the Conte train but you have a point. Last season when we were flying, there was some brick games and performances:

1. Brentford away 0-0
2. Burnley at home 1-0
3. Aston Villa away 4-0 but the first half was not good
4. Brighton 0-1

I know we made the top 4 last season but I have never truly been a fan of a back 3, especially our back 3 so often it turns into a back 5, especially against good teams.

Back