• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

What do you think we're missing?

i think we only achieved back-up last transfer window and given that players are getting older, we need to get quality.

A reliable base and centre of the spine that can inspire the attack.
CBs and CMs that are press resistant and are excellent in possession and can force transitions by luring teams out to capitalize on space vacated in midfield.

top three priority transfers would be two romero-quality CBs and one more creative CM/AM. nail down the centre and then tinker with the rest.
Keeper upgrade next - no point starting with that if the whole team can't control the game.

i

i think we only achieved back-up last transfer window and given that players are getting older, we need to get quality.

A reliable base and centre of the spine that can inspire the attack.
CBs and CMs that are press resistant and are excellent in possession and can force transitions by luring teams out to capitalize on space vacated in midfield.

top three priority transfers would be two romero-quality CBs and one more creative CM/AM. nail down the centre and then tinker with the rest.
Keeper upgrade next - no point starting with that if the whole team can't control the game.

i

Fair enough. I agree we need top quality buys if we can get them. Just no idea who.

Well said.

I knew that if we hadn’t pulled that out tonight, the cries of Juve would’ve been less apocryphal than ever, people would be murmuring Poch’s name (many of the same people who didn’t think he should be backed in his bad run and wanted him turfed). It would’ve been toxic.

Does anyone who is criticizing Conte understand the context of this season? It’s not like it hasn’t been stated enough! If we manage tpo get to Nov 13th still in the top 4 and in CL knock-outs, the man should receive the highest praise!
I think a lot of the reactions by fans to our season so far clearly (to me) demonstrate the difference between people who understand the game, the football industry and the context, and those who react from emotion. This is season like no other, with so many games mashed together before a World Cup, and with a squad that isn't exactly what Conte needs. I hope we can all keep perspective, and understanding, of the strange nature of this season on the individuals that make up our team, and enjoy it as much as possible.

I think a lot of the reactions by fans to our season so far clearly (to me) demonstrate the difference between people who understand the game, the football industry and the context, and those who react from emotion. This is season like no other, with so many games mashed together before a World Cup, and with a squad that isn't exactly what Conte needs. I hope we can all keep perspective, and understanding, of the strange nature of this season on the individuals that make up our team, and enjoy it as much as possible.

The game is about emotion so there is always going to be that when people care so much about their club, but the point about "those who understand the game" is just arrogant bollox and an silly dig at posters TBH.

The game has so many nuances and differences between players, managers, methods that even the so called experts are proven wrong on a weekly basis. Even to the point that so called experts and football people go out and pay 55m for a Ndombele and then three of them can't get him to play. Thats an extreme example but watch Soccer Sunday today and watch three experts have three differing views and likely proven wrong with what happens in the game.

The game makes a mockery of everyones view so people might proclaim to "know the game" but in reality everyone probably has a very similar understanding to a point

I honestly can’t believe how much stick he’s taking at the moment.

Gil is the only option he’d have had up top id imagine given Moura isn’t fully fit and played last week. Gil has been very hit and miss for us so isn’t reliable. Yeah he was good in midweek and I’d probably have tried him today. But midweek was a game we were in the ascendency against a tiring team.

We won 3-2 today in a game we dominated. I’ve no idea how we were 2 down (well, I guess Sanchez and Emerson explain it). But we won, away from home, in a game we dominated. We’re playing twice a week and struggling for it. We’re third in the league and top of our CL group. And our manager is taking brick off the fan base? We’re losing the run of ourselves.

Great post, especially the bolded bit.

This is the sort of attitude that means we'll never win fudge all. Did the manager come in and go boom, league title? No, get rid. Rinse and repeat. I actually think spurs fans get all they deserve, fudge all.

Another good post ( the only difference is i would say only some fans get what they deserve.)

The game is about emotion so there is always going to be that when people care so much about their club, but the point about "those who understand the game" is just arrogant bollox and an silly dig at posters TBH.

The game has so many nuances and differences between players, managers, methods that even the so called experts are proven wrong on a weekly basis. Even to the point that so called experts and football people go out and pay 55m for a Ndombele and then three of them can't get him to play. Thats an extreme example but watch Soccer Sunday today and watch three experts have three differing views and likely proven wrong with what happens in the game.

The game makes a mockery of everyones view so people might proclaim to "know the game" but in reality everyone probably has a very similar understanding to a point
It was not meant as a dig. I KIND OF understand the game, but not the extent like someone like @milo. I listen to him (and others on pods like Nathan on The Xtra Inch) and what they see is far more sophisticated than what I see. As someone with my own personal life experience, I have a feeling for impact of the pressures of high performance life on young individuals, so at times I can empathize with players being impacted by what happens off the pitch (Dele/Ndombele etc.).

And I get that supporting a club about emotion. I have posted many things on here in the heat of feeling something, things that are not based on the realities of the situation.

But THIS season especially, is an odd one with the he pressure of so may important games and a World Cup. And Conte is THE BEST manager we have hired in terms of his profile. So when people froth at the gash because of a mis-placed pass, or call for world class players to be binned because they're not sprinting 15 km a game, or they miss an easy chance so should be sold, it suggests, to me, that these opinions come surely from emotion, not reality.

It was not meant as a dig. I KIND OF understand the game, but not the extent like someone like @milo. I listen to him (and others on pods like Nathan on The Xtra Inch) and what they see is far more sophisticated than what I see. As someone with my own personal life experience, I have a feeling for impact of the pressures of high performance life on young individuals, so at times I can empathize with players being impacted by what happens off the pitch (Dele/Ndombele etc.).

And I get that supporting a club about emotion. I have posted many things on here in the heat of feeling something, things that are not based on the realities of the situation.

But THIS season especially, is an odd one with the he pressure of so may important games and a World Cup. And Conte is THE BEST manager we have hired in terms of his profile. So when people froth at the gash because of a mis-placed pass, or call for world class players to be binned because they're not sprinting 15 km a game, or they miss an easy chance so should be sold, it suggests, to me, that these opinions come surely from emotion, not reality.

Apologies then, my misreading there

I would say in some respects you are correct but thats mainly in the match day threads in the moment, in a number of specific threads I think on the whole people on here are very balanced and offer a longer term view on subjects. There is a huge difference for example at wanting someone taken off for a bad half of football and a askign for a change because someones thrown up 5/10s for weeks.

Apologies then, my misreading there

I would say in some respects you are correct but thats mainly in the match day threads in the moment, in a number of specific threads I think on the whole people on here are very balanced and offer a longer term view on subjects. There is a huge difference for example at wanting someone taken off for a bad half of football and a askign for a change because someones thrown up 5/10s for weeks.
No worries at all and thanks for the reply.

Honestly I think Emerson is not as bad as some make him out to be but I am looking at conte and thinking that we need to have a look at Doherty and Spencer to bolster attack minded players while kulu and richy are out

The important bit of that is we can extend by a year when we want.
You keep saying this, and whilst factually true it’s not going to help us one bit if we choose to extend and Conte doesn’t want to be here beyond the summer. We aren’t going to extend if he says he doesn’t really want to be here and wants to go back to Italy so would be pretty irrelevant….

Think the point is that the contract situation isn't as pressing as is being made out - he essentially has 1.5 years left as the club will no doubt activate the extension. He can of course decide to walk away despite that but that's as true for this situation as it would be if he had a 4 year deal.

Personally i think this is an engineered story out of nothing, raise the idea of a new contract > create drama when no new contract is signed.

You keep saying this, and whilst factually true it’s not going to help us one bit if we choose to extend and Conte doesn’t want to be here beyond the summer. We aren’t going to extend if he says he doesn’t really want to be here and wants to go back to Italy so would be pretty irrelevant….

He'd have to pay to get out of the contract. Also if he can leave at anytime he wants why worry about him signing a contract? He could sign it and walk the next day.

Media trying to make drama as usual.

Back