• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Levy gets counsel from his directors. Great to have Paratici as the voice for football matters. I suspect the worm tongue is the the cfo. I recall some PR about him and his role when the stadium was being built. Probably won't want to be known after the massive stadium construction overruns. Easy to understand why a cfo would prioritise steady event income instead of investing in the rebuilding a football team.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Easy to tell this CFO there would be no stadium if there is not a football team worth watching

I think this may be a bit misleading. They sold Coutinho and Suarez for ridiculous amounts, which is what probably kept their net spend low. As opposed to United and City, who haven't really sold anyone for such amounts, given they are mostly destination clubs, rather than selling one. That being said, however, Pool were really good with their incomings.
It's a bit more nuanced than that. The sales are what financed a great deal of their buys. The sale of Coutinho funded the purchase of Allison and VVD. You don't get one without the other, so their net spend is relatively low because FSG's model is some level investment as well as exploiting the market. They sold flipping Ibr for 16m and he barely ever played for them.

Think Skipp will be dropped. Hojbjerg will be the holding playing more like he does for denmark. Romero cb with dier and tanganga either side, he'll then be able to come forward more like with atalanta. Guess we'll have to see.
Agree about the CBs -- definitely Romero in the middle, with Dier on the left and either Sanchez or Tanganga on the right. Allows Romero to go for his tackles with a safety net behind him.

One of Skipp/Hojbjerg at DM -- effectively a partnership with Romero when we're in possession, like Dier used to be?

I wonder whether Dele will find a home playing off the striker, i.e. an option to give either Sonny or Kane a rest. He's got the scoring boots to play there, albeit not the passing ability to be a proper #10.

Agree about the CBs -- definitely Romero in the middle, with Dier on the left and either Sanchez or Tanganga on the right. Allows Romero to go for his tackles with a safety net behind him.

One of Skipp/Hojbjerg at DM -- effectively a partnership with Romero when we're in possession, like Dier used to be?

I wonder whether Dele will find a home playing off the striker, i.e. an option to give either Sonny or Kane a rest. He's got the scoring boots to play there, albeit not the passing ability to be a proper #10.

If it's 2 up front has to be son and kane. Dele could play as a box to box.

What i am eagerly awaiting from Conte is that ability to know when to switch to a kind of sit-and-pounce attitude in games, perhaps after initially using a lot of energy to go a goal up.
Poch rarely did that and i think the FA Cup semi-final (of infamous Son at LWB repute) was a classic example of Conte ding this. He knew he couldn't dominate us for long period so set-up to mostly sit and wait for moments (oh and bring on Costa and Hazard in the last 20 minutes..grrr).
I think we'd potentially even get a win at Anfield doing this lol

Hi there, no worries.

Thanks for the interesting reply.

How do you honestly see things going from here?

And is it Levy or Fab that wants Poch?

Levy wants Poch big time however I think with the summer gone and Poch doing his thing in PSG there is no rush however the 18 month contracts are telling, its a win win.

In my opinion only, Fab and Conte did a job on Levy when it all fell apart, Nuno and the squad depth were laid bare for all to see and now Levy cant ignore it, Conte had alot more to bargain with coming now rather than Summer.

Levy wants Poch big time however I think with the summer gone and Poch doing his thing in PSG there is no rush however the 18 month contracts are telling, its a win win.

In my opinion only, Fab and Conte did a job on Levy when it all fell apart, Nuno and the squad depth were laid bare for all to see and now Levy cant ignore it, Conte had alot more to bargain with coming now rather than Summer.

I somewhat agree with this.

I think a 3-4-3 suits us right now personally.

My bet would be

Lloris

Tanganga Romero Dier

Royal Hojberg LoCelso Reggie

Bergwijn Kane Son

I think Bergwijn is more coachable in the role than Lucas, I think LoCelso is a safer instant bet than Tanguy until he gets Tanguy working as he wants him.

For, this unit, well-drilled and active, would be very tough to beat and between Romero and LoCelso through the middle plus the wing-backs, able to quickly move the ball forwards.

I would also like to warn folks that I think Winks could be a resurrection under Conte, as he is someone who pre-Burnley ankle was great at quick short forward passing/moving the ball fast.

Exciting times ahead...

Interesting questions are:

• who's the third CB - it could even be Royal playing on the right. You need progressive CBs in a 3. Royal can play a bit.
  • If Royal is a CB, could Moura play on the wing, or Gil for that matter? I'd go with Moura and Gil as cover (probably on his favoured left side covering Reggie).
  • Agree Hojbjerg is likely to anchor the midfield for now. But who are the other two in midfield? On paper Le Celco and Ndombele. And I think that is how we'll setup.
  • Son and Kane upfront of course.

I think we're much more likey to play with 3 up top than 2. It makes more use of the players we have in the 2 behind Kane and also takes the pressure on being super creative from midfield (which we're not). At least until we get another striker

Tanganga, Romero and Dier I think will be the back three. Dier might be under threat from Davies

Royal and Reggie wide, rotated with Sess, and whoever gets converted from Lucas and Bergwijn

Skipp, Hojberg, Winks, Lo Celso fighting it out for the double pivot until January

Lucas, Alli, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Gill fighting for the other spot behind Kane as Son is guaranteed

Interesting questions are:

• who's the third CB - it could even be Royal playing on the right. You need progressive CBs in a 3. Royal can play a bit.
  • If Royal is a CB, could Moura play on the wing, or Gil for that matter? I'd go with Moura and Gil as cover (probably on his favoured left side covering Reggie).
  • Agree Hojbjerg is likely to anchor the midfield for now. But who are the other two in midfield? On paper Le Celco and Ndombele. And I think that is how we'll setup.
  • Son and Kane upfront of course.

You cant have PEH as the DM on his own in my opinion, Skipps is miles better for that job.

My bet would be

Lloris

Tanganga Romero Dier

Bergwijn Kane Son

I think Bergwijn is more coachable in the role than Lucas, I think LoCelso is a safer instant bet than Tanguy until he gets Tanguy working as he wants him.

For, this unit, well-drilled and active, would be very tough to beat and between Romero and LoCelso through the middle plus the wing-backs, able to quickly move the ball forwards.

I would also like to warn folks that I think Winks could be a resurrection under Conte, as he is someone who pre-Burnley ankle was great at quick short forward passing/moving the ball fast.

Exciting times ahead...

Agree with everything , except Bergwiyn. He is such a waste of space it is like playing with 10 men. we need a serious upgrade here - someone with either blistering pace or real trickery who can beat a man and cross the ball. Until then I would take Lucas over Begwiyn every time.

My bet would be

Lloris

Tanganga Romero Dier

Bergwijn Kane Son

Exciting times ahead...

I see similar but honestly I see Kane and Son up top and Alli behind with him dropping to help in mid but making late runs into box. WB offering all the width.

Conte talks about timing and importance of it, timing of attacks and breaks in box, I think he will utilise Alli for that in my opinion

My bet would be

Lloris

Tanganga Romero Dier

Bergwijn Kane Son

Exciting times ahead...

I like the look of that team.

You cant have PEH as the DM on his own in my opinion, Skipps is miles better for that job.

I know he hasn't looked as good this season, but PEH is a more experienced player who can play at a high level. Last season he was immense. I think he's probably a little worn out after a mega season - played every game for us? Then pulled out all the stops for his country. The only criticism I have of him is his passing is not as svelt as it might be. It's inconsistent.

Back