• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Sorry I was at my folks celebrating their 40 years together.

Well I was out by 3 months but Conte is here, was nailed on in the summer but there was alot going on and the time not right is a good cover story. Conte was coming but the assurances were not there and also Levy is back in love with Poch and when he flew over for his summer holidays there was hope we would have him back but PSG although agreeing to let him go wanted paying, so it all led to the mess which was missing our targets and eventually ending up with Nuno. Apparently Fab and Levy met and Levy agreed to do what was needed to get Conte which includes future investment, apparently from what I have been told is that the every decreasing fans in the stadium and those staying in the ground after has gone some way to prompt that, its ok saving 150m on transfers but not if your not making money in the ground and slipping further away from what is the promised land of the CL.

I saw your other post about Everton and its much the same, you cant talk to Levy sometimes but what will become apparently is that the mess on the pitch and the balance sheets on Monday will talk to him and its done the trick.

He still wants Poch back BTW...

Hi there, no worries.

Thanks for the interesting reply.

How do you honestly see things going from here?

And is it Levy or Fab that wants Poch?

Tbf klopps net spend is like £28m a season over the last 5 years. Liverpool haven't really spent the last 2 seasons.
I think this may be a bit misleading. They sold Coutinho and Suarez for ridiculous amounts, which is what probably kept their net spend low. As opposed to United and City, who haven't really sold anyone for such amounts, given they are mostly destination clubs, rather than selling one. That being said, however, Pool were really good with their incomings.

Interesting - those goals are the opposite of what we usually score.
Lots from crosses (that'll shut @scaramanga up) and 8yards.
Really like the look of the pressing from the front.

Wonder if we'll explore an Eriksen option?

Also, when did Italian defences become so brick?!

The thing I was most surprised with was Conte getting a tune out of Alexis Sanchez

I think this may be a bit misleading. They sold Coutinho and Suarez for ridiculous amounts, which is what probably kept their net spend low. As opposed to United and City, who haven't really sold anyone for such amounts, given they are mostly destination clubs, rather than selling one. That being said, however, Pool were really good with their incomings.

True.

Think Skipp will be dropped. Hojbjerg will be the holding playing more like he does for denmark. Romero cb with dier and tanganga either side, he'll then be able to come forward more like with atalanta. Guess we'll have to see.

Who do you think will make up the third midfield place?

Think Skipp will be dropped. Hojbjerg will be the holding playing more like he does for denmark. Romero cb with dier and tanganga either side, he'll then be able to come forward more like with atalanta. Guess we'll have to see.
Skipp is more disciplined for the holding role and it allows Hojbjerg to press from the front, so it could be the team he picks. There's a few slight variations he could go with.

Skipp is more disciplined for the holding role and it allows Hojbjerg to press from the front, so it could be the team he picks. There's a few slight variations he could go with.

But the role isn't just defensive. Has to be able to link defense with attack. We haven't really seen that much of it at spurs but for denmark when eriksen got injured he did that role brilliantly (not eriksens).

Skipp is more disciplined for the holding role and it allows Hojbjerg to press from the front, so it could be the team he picks. There are a few slight variations he could go with.

Skipp is highly rated because he is from the academy and English ... he is bang average at the moment. Hojberg has the brains and ability to play DM and let more talented individuals play further up the field.

Skipp is highly rated because he is from the academy and English ... he is bang average at the moment. Hojberg has the brains and ability to play DM and let more talented individuals play further up the field.

Tbf, they've both been bang average recently. Skipp is more positionally disciplined whilst Hojbjerg is more experienced and has more on his cv...but both could benefit from better coaching and systems for the team as a whole

Tbf, they've both been bang average recently. Skipp is more positionally disciplined whilst Hojbjerg is more experienced and has more on his cv...but both could benefit from better coaching and systems for the team as a whole
Skipp has played a brick load of games. I am happy with him sitting and growing from there. For me I see us eventually settling for Skipp, Hojberg and Lo Celso. Ndombele doesn't work hard enough. Dele isnt fast enough.

Skipp has played a brick load of games. I am happy with him sitting and growing from there. For me I see us eventually settling for Skipp, Hojberg and Lo Celso. Ndombele doesn't work hard enough. Dele isnt fast enough.

Fair points. Will be utterly fascinating to see how it ultimately turns out...

Pretty much my thoughts as well, what ever he does though i think it will lead to interesting times.

Surely Levy has been aware that if he doesn't back his managers they are more or less going to get sacked or walk ... but here is to hoping.
Levy gets counsel from his directors. Great to have Paratici as the voice for football matters. I suspect the worm tongue is the the cfo. I recall some PR about him and his role when the stadium was being built. Probably won't want to be known after the massive stadium construction overruns. Easy to understand why a cfo would prioritise steady event income instead of investing in the rebuilding a football team.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back