• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I think one of the downsides of Conte is he wears players down eventually hence why his reigns at clubs don’t last more than 2-3 years. The upside being he wins trophies so let’s hope he can bag at least one for us while he is here. But I take your point. The players should enjoy playing, but obviously hate it when they lose like Conte does.

His reign at clubs has nothing to do with wearing players down. He walked from juve because they sold more than they brought in. He walked from inter because they wanted to sell and wanted him to take a paycut. He argued with chelseas board because they bought players he didn't want, they sacked him. So he took them to court for wrongful dismissal and won.

Being worn out or overworked is no reason to forget how to pass the ball 10 yards. The problem is the holding up of the ball for 1 and the tinkle poor passing, crossing and decision making, thats on the players not on the coach or the training. Yeah Conte could change it up a bit but all of these players should be able to do the basics correctly regardless of system.

He's been here less than a year, a large number of this squad got his predecessor, his predecessor, and his predecessor, sacked.

Conte isn't the problem, we have a squad that could easily win the league, if the lazy fudging clams would just pull their fingers out and perform to their ability.

He's been here less than a year, a large number of this squad got his predecessor, his predecessor, and his predecessor, sacked.

Conte isn't the problem, we have a squad that could easily win the league, if the lazy fudging clams would just pull their fingers out and perform to their ability.

Interesting comment, the players still there are Lloris, Dier, Davies, Hojberg, Kane, Son.

All this suffering surely only makes you miserable? How about trying to inject some joy into the football? Make them enjoy football, which is actually why they play, instead of only focusing on "suffering".
I understand the initial point he has with this learn to suffer talk, but I think it can become too much, and end up being just negative nag, and thus being counter productive.

It becomes too much if we keep losing games. Bit like our WLWLWL streak last season. That was angry Conte getting towards miserable Conte. If we get back to wins and good results it won't.

From a different perspective, Conte works with these players almost every day, so does his coaches. If suffering is turning into misery he/they should know way before us.

Most of our players seem to get plenty of joy from their football as long as we're getting results. Getting results and being miserable is quite difficult I think, I don't think we're anywhere near that at this point.

Not concerned about this at all. Concerning that we're some way into the season without finding the kind of performances we know these players are capable of. Personally I think the most realistic solution is Kane and Son finding their best form.

All the games tonight are draws, at half time. Very toight this CL lark. Fine margins Brian. Details. A glance. A goal. Suffer

It is. The difference between a draw and a loss could be massive, can understand Conte being a bit cautious and happy enough to want us to mostly see out a draw after the initial burst of more attacking play in the second half didn't work.

Frustrating when it doesn't work though.

Personally I think the most realistic solution is Kane and Son finding their best form.

I agree -- with how strong we are at the back now and how few chances we give up, it's just a matter of getting the front 3 clicking as they did towards the end of last season. It won't be boring or miserable then.

Not that many left from poch, but the gaze is getting narrower.
If this squad and manager fail to win anything this season or next then something is up.
The squad we are building and the team we had under peak poch are too good to not be winning, if we fail serious questions must be asked.
Probably a bit premature to be talking about this now though :)

Not that many left from poch, but the gaze is getting narrower.
If this squad and manager fail to win anything this season or next then something is up.
The squad we are building and the team we had under peak poch are too good to not be winning, if we fail serious questions must be asked.
Probably a bit premature to be talking about this now though :)

I’ve seen enough already :D

We’re fudged.

So it is all over Newsnow that Conte will not renew his contract and that he will go back to Juventus
No reputable media outlet has this story so i would imagine it is all just fabricated due to his team not playing well and his old club apparently getting frustrated with their current manager.

Having watched quite a number of games it seems that we have the slowest attack in the EPL.
Lisbon, Marseille had quick guys beating us at first and second balls too.
Son's our fastest but we don't use him enough for fast breaks.
Perisic is good at crosses but does not have pace. sess the opposite.

Back