• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I was appalled at Jose's hiring. He was well past it. Conte, on the other hand, is a manager at the top of his game. Jose circa 2010, if you will. And not only is he one of the top 5 managers in world football right now, but he's a proper clam, to boot. Which is exactly what this team needs. Someone to put a rocket up their arse. My dream appointment for Spurs would be Simeone, but Conte will fit the bill quite nicely too.

I like Simeone but I think Conte has more strings to his bow.
No guarantee he’ll deliver success but how the team performs on the pitch is generally a reflection of their manager. And in that case we’ve given ourselves the best possible chance imo.

I'm a season ticket holder since 1978 and have been going from 1958 I dont think I've invested in this club and I dont expect whoever owns the club owes me anything. The owners, managers and players come and go, we have good years we have bad years, that's life, if I disliked the owners so much I wouldnt bother going and if I was so desperate to follow a winning team I'd jump between the latest top dog.

To much sense it that for some.

I'm pretty sure if we look back, most had the same reaction to when we hired Jose. I'm pretty sure you didn't think he was past it when we hired him at the time (though i'm happy to be corrected)
Juande Ramos was also pretty hot property when we hire him as well, though of course whilst he bombed in the league he is our last trophy-winner.

I get the excitement, but we need to remember the past when dissing others who fairly/rightfully raise questions about why this didn't happen in the summer and whether it will go the same way as Jose...

Right, you've reached your 12k posts, can you STFU now please...........

Could Royal be played on the right of a CB 3? (with Tangaga covering). Romero and Dier would make up the other two as they are more progressive. No reason why Sanchez can't supplant Dier. Sanchez is more agile with crisp passing, it is just his head that needs sorting. Dier is a bit more mentally in the right place. Though maybe Sanchez is technically better, yet its undermined by his awareness and mental toughness.

Could Moura play right wing-back?

How do you solve the midfield issue? Can Hojbjerg be the screening creative player? I don't see why not. Screening bit - check. Creative passing - not overnight. Similar applies to Skipp. Whereas Ndombele doesn't seem able to screen and shield the defense. Maybe Le Celso could though, but he also seems more suited to one of the other attacking midfield roles.

On the left Reggie has to play for now. Longer term I hope Sessengon gets himself together as he could be ideal.

So I think Paratici might need to sign us a midfielder who can pass well and one more goal scorer if Kane and Son are the front two as Conte has played in the past. He has relied on a forward pair to get the majority of goals. But I do think Conte might help players like Bergjwin, who need confidence, focus and belief.

It is a lot for Conte to take on midseason. There are issues to resolve in all parts of the side. But he has the benefit of presumably watching us play, and he should have some ideas on how to make some quick obvious changes. Will be exciting to see who he picks on Thursday!

Last edited:
I was thinking that we might go with two behind Kane. If that is the case maybe Son and one other behind Kane. Could be a chance for Alli to get back in the team, guess he'll be competing with the fatman.

At Chelsea he played Pedro and Hazard behind Costa in a 3-4-2-1.

I was thinking that we might go with two behind Kane. If that is the case maybe Son and one other behind Kane. Could be a chance for Alli to get back in the team.

At Chelsea he played Pedro and Hazard behind Costa in a 3-4-2-1.
Alli only gets on the team if he listens and takes on board everything Conte asks
His issue is contes attacks are very controlled and targeted. That IMO doenst suit dele who is an instinctive player. It will be very interesting

Alli only gets on the team if he listens and takes on board everything Conte asks
His issue is contes attacks are very controlled and targeted. That IMO doenst suit dele who is an instinctive player. It will be very interesting
Maybe simple instructions and discipline will work on Dele. 1-2, turn, through ball....

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Maybe simple instructions and discipline will work on Dele. 1-2, turn, through ball....

If not sell. Lo celso, winks and ndombele can go too. If we want cl football we need a midfield that is cl class.

I hope they can turn it around but have my doubts.

If not sell. Lo celso, winks and ndombele can go too. If we want cl football we need a midfield that is cl class.

I hope they can turn it around but have my doubts.
Even if Dele proves himself we should sell if an upgrade and funds are available.

Back