• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I see having questions or doing any critical analysis of the management or owners (that's not involving full fellatio of them) is heresy :p
I would advise a little bit of balance concerning the great events of today. Conte is great for us but he’s only human.

So Levy is guilty until proven otherwise? What's your profession again?
I'm not sure of your point really. But if you are trying to be snidey about how I behaved as a police officer, you have no idea what I put myself in front of to protect other people.

This is a forum not an echo chamber which makes me wonder why you are on it if all you want to read is stuff that makes you happy.

People follow teams for all sorts of reasons. Some are just happy to turn up nothing wrong with that. Others want to see their team win especially one as big as Spurs. With respect we are not Accrington Stanley. We have a proud history and some fans would love to see a trophy once in a while rather than a club just being used as an investment vehicle. Nothing wrong with that either.

What absolutely gets my goat though is when so called fans come on here telling other fans what is or is not acceptable to feel or say about their club.

Last edited:
Nonsense. There are few critics of the senior management on here who are season ticket holders, and also spends thousands on away games who are tired of being also rans. Given that they spend a lot of time and money supporting Spurs they are right to want to hold the owners to account. As is anyone who is invested in the club like fans are.

Your snidey posts actually contribute nothing and just demonstrate that you don't like people disagreeing with you.

I have supported Spurs for 41 years and contributed plenty financially and in time. I have been here several times excited at the prospect of a new manager only to see it being another false dawn. So if it's ok with you I'll remain cautious about this one given how combustible Conte is and given how we probably won't be able to bring in all the players he will want.

But in the end I support Spurs and I usually come round on match day it's just how it's always been. I make no apologies though for questioning the owners.
Aside from Mourinho, who was well past it, name the other managers considered among the top 5 in the world we have hired that bombed.

Aside from Mourinho, who was well past it, name the other managers considered among the top 5 in the world we have hired that bombed.

I'm pretty sure if we look back, most had the same reaction to when we hired Jose. I'm pretty sure you didn't think he was past it when we hired him at the time (though i'm happy to be corrected)
Juande Ramos was also pretty hot property when we hire him as well, though of course whilst he bombed in the league he is our last trophy-winner.

I get the excitement, but we need to remember the past when dissing others who fairly/rightfully raise questions about why this didn't happen in the summer and whether it will go the same way as Jose...

I said at the time of Mourinho's appointment, it doesn't matter who you name as manager it's about the right person for the culture of the club. It very much depends on here how we back Conte.

And it's not just Conte. Ancelotti bombed out at Everton. Van Gaal did at United. In the same way as successful managers of lower league clubs don't always make the jump to bigger clubs the converse can be true as well, when a manager used to the trappings of a bigger club comes to a club with fewer resources.

I have no idea whether this is going to work out, but we have hired other successful managers who haven't worked out and so called lesser managers like BMJ, Harry and Poch who have been relatively successful. I am a Spurs supporter so I hope that he is successful but it's not a given just because he is Antonio Conte. Surely that's obvious to all fans.

I'm pretty sure if we look back, most had the same reaction to when we hired Jose. I'm pretty sure you didn't think he was past it when we hired him at the time (though i'm happy to be corrected)
Juande Ramos was also pretty hot property when we hire him as well, though of course whilst he bombed in the league he is our last trophy-winner.

I get the excitement, but we need to remember the past when dissing others who fairly/rightfully raise questions about why this didn't happen in the summer and whether it will go the same way as Jose...

The past is not in anyway linked to Conte, that's our history not his. There is one consistent factor in all of those appointments but I'm not going to say who for good or bad reasons.

Don Antonio has given a message to the fans and has not mentioned anything about DNA ... get this cornetto out of here!

This was not the case. Very mixed response among the fanbase and it was widely considered a risky move by those outside after the way he left his last couple of jobs.

I have my doubts about Conte and his suitability to the task at hand but to compare this appointment to when we hired Jose and Ramos is wide of the mark - this is unquestionably the biggest on-paper managerial appointment the club has ever made (might need to caveat that with in the modern era) - read somewhere else someone put it like this : of the non money doped clubs who would you have expected Conte to rock up to next? Barca/Real/United etc - that's the level of appointment we've just pulled off.

This was not the case. Very mixed response among the fanbase and it was widely considered a risky move by those outside after the way he left his last couple of jobs.

I have my doubts about Conte and his suitability to the task at hand but to compare this appointment to when we hired Jose and Ramos is wide of the mark - this is unquestionably the biggest on-paper managerial appointment the club has ever made (might need to caveat that with in the modern era) - read somewhere else someone put it like this : of the non money doped clubs who would you have expected Conte to rock up to next? Barca/Real/United etc - that's the level of appointment we've just pulled off.

Yes. A 1000 times this. He's not comparable to the Mourinho-hiring at all, in my opinion. This is a coach very much on the top of his game at the moment.

Sure, he's known as a hot head, and we all know it's going to blow up sooner or later, but in the situation we find ourselves in, I can't think of anyone better suited to the task at hand. Sure, the sensible guy in us all would like someone to stay for 10 years or whatever, that's human nature, we want the permanent love story thing, something safe to cling to - but 95% of all coaches/managers move on relatively quickly in the modern game. A chance to get one of the absolute top coaches in the game doesn't just come to you every day - so when it does come, you just grab it and run.

There are no guarantees in life, but as far as us taking advantage of a dire situation - this is way way above what any of us could've realistically expected, in my opinion. I'm over the moon and enjoying the moment, for none of us can predict the future - and right now, we might well win a league title within a couple of years. I'm going to grab a pint and have a little celebration. :D

Who'd have thought Conte would be easier to appoint than Graham Potter...

Last edited:

I was appalled at Jose's hiring. He was well past it. Conte, on the other hand, is a manager at the top of his game. Jose circa 2010, if you will. And not only is he one of the top 5 managers in world football right now, but he's a proper clam, to boot. Which is exactly what this team needs. Someone to put a rocket up their arse. My dream appointment for Spurs would be Simeone, but Conte will fit the bill quite nicely too.

Back