• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

He's preparing the way for some fans favourites to be sold.
There’s two reactions to being told you're not good enough, wither or go out and prove him wrong.
Guess which one our players chose.

It would only be throwing them under a bus if it wasn't true.
As we are now on our fourth or fifth manager in as many seasons I'd say its more true than not.

If you're thinking he's going to sell kane. Maybe, but his comments during the week suggest otherwise. Talking about how important he is for us not just his ability but his experience. Saying he's one of tbe best in the world and even if he had one leg he'd start.

What he's also been saying is that the players lack a winning mentality. That they don't go out to kill the opposition and do whatever it takes to win.

If you're thinking he's going to sell kane. Maybe, but his comments during the week suggest otherwise. Talking about how important he is for us not just his ability but his experience. Saying he's one of tbe best in the world and even if he had one leg he'd start.

What he's also been saying is that the players lack a winning mentality. That they don't go out to kill the opposition and do whatever it takes to win.

I'm probably in the minority but I'd sell Kane in a heartbeat.
He doesn't want to be here and he's to big an influence in the dressing room.
Problem is wherever he goes he will win trophies and it will not be spun to our detriment. Even though he will almost definitely be joining a club that would win trophies without harry.

I'm probably in the minority but I'd sell Kane in a heartbeat.
He doesn't want to be here and he's to big an influence in the dressing room.
Problem is wherever he goes he will win trophies and it will not be spun to our detriment. Even though he will almost definitely be joining a club that would win trophies without harry.

Yeah but the indication from Kane is he will be fully committed and sign a new deal if Conte is backed with massive money.

Obviously the latter part is the sticking point but if we dont back Conte with massive money, Conte will leave anyway and total chaos will break out at the club.

And that's fine. The point is that the execution isn't done in public. It'll usually be done behind closed doors with a statement that "x decided to leave to pursue other opportunities. He was great for the company and provided great service."

Dirty linen shouldn't be washed in public.
I trust the manager when it comes to these things. These players are in a profession where their talent is on display to the masses. They are paid to put on a public display and should be able to take the good and bad. Anyway if it's not the manager, it's the Internet forums, social media, performance stats and the press that are often the harshest critics.

And high performance sports at the top level is adrenaline and testosterone flowing at superhuman levels. I'd agree for the manager to be all PC if have an acknowledged and stable performance level, but crisis mode requires strong messages and a sense of urgency.

Losing 4 games on a trot to mid table teams is an emergency.

I'm with you on selling Kane merely because Enic isn't investing in the rest of the team. Not cutting losses on bad players, not recruiting right. I'll miss Kane for sure but think we can put the money to good use, especially with Conte and Paratici here.

We would need to finish 4th and have some signings lined up early in the Summer window to even come close to convincing Kane that he should stay. I've come to terms with the fact he could leave this summer but I just pray the talk of the 'Rebuild' is real, because if we don't get some good signings we are fooked

This has been the clubs problem since the peak Poch years.

I remember one game where Dele screamed at Son in total anger at his failure to square the ball for a simple tap in. Dele then went from that mentality to someone prancing around with highlights in his hair and changing his face to a squirrel on tik tok.

Its going to take time as we need to shift more idiots in the squad and get ultra determined people in to replace them.

I'm with you on selling Kane merely because Enic isn't investing in the rest of the team. Not cutting losses on bad players, not recruiting right. I'll miss Kane for sure but think we can put the money to good use, especially with Conte and Paratici here.

Lets see how that conversation goes:

Paratici/Conte: ‘Daniel its the summer now, where is that warchest you promised us’.

Daniel: ‘Oh sorry its not happening now so its limited funds. BUT sell the best player and only determined bastard in the squad and you can have all the sale proceeds to spend’.

Paratici/Conte: ‘bye bye’.

All the talk is naturally on Conte after his latest comments, but no one seems to be talking about the awful form we're in. 4 defeats out of the last 5, how do we turn this around?

Haven't read ten pages of knee-jerking, but the result last night was fine lines, hit the bar, hit Pope, and Kulusevski just missed the far post before they scored. Thought it was a pretty good performance considering. I'm also taking the 'if I'm the problem' quote as a response from a hot-headed Italian who hates losing and being wound up by the media. On to the next match, COYS.

We would need to finish 4th and have some signings lined up early in the Summer window to even come close to convincing Kane that he should stay. I've come to terms with the fact he could leave this summer but I just pray the talk of the 'Rebuild' is real, because if we don't get some good signings we are fooked

How long has Kane been with us?
In that time, how medals, how many s/f defeats, How many final defeats, how many goals, assists or even shots on target in those big games?
Shouldn't we be asking harry what he's doing to justify the big money.
Its nearly a year since his "i can score as many if not more than messi or Ronaldo", hows that gone again?

Haven't read ten pages of knee-jerking, but the result last night was fine lines, hit the bar, hit Pope, and Kulusevski just missed the far post before they scored. Thought it was a pretty good performance considering. I'm also taking the 'if I'm the problem' quote as a response from a hot-headed Italian who hates losing and being wound up by the media. On to the next match, COYS.

Must admit i think we were unlucky last night, smalll margins. It was nothing like the other defeats or the city game, and that has to be an issue. Inconsistency is the killing us.

How long has Kane been with us?
In that time, how medals, how many s/f defeats, How many final defeats, how many goals, assists or even shots on target in those big games?
Shouldn't we be asking harry what he's doing to justify the big money.
Its nearly a year since his "i can score as many if not more than messi or Ronaldo", hows that gone again?
Is there a striker in world football we can attract who would deliver more? I know he agitated to leave over the summer, possibly because of the trophy and big game critiques and he doesn’t cover every blade of grass but the guy scored and assisted the most goals last season, is there really any better yardstick for individual contribution than that? He will be remembered as an all time great, even if he left tomorrow I cannot see is ever getting the combination of his ability and longevity again.

His record is comparable with Messi and Ronaldo this season! I’m sure if he went to one of the top clubs Spain he’d get over a goal a game.

There is a photo floating about of us “defending” against Wolves where we have 4 players standing around outside the box like idiots whilst they have 4 in the box vs 2.

Southampton - we had the game won till Royal and to a lesser extent Sanchez who are both awful, decided to give two forwards all the time in the world 6 yards out to score.

I’m not overly sure what he can do (or anyone) to fix these players that just switch off.
But you are only pointing out the 1 or 2 bad things? Southampton and Wolves were all over us, that to me is the set up and it never changed.

But you are only pointing out the 1 or 2 bad things? Southampton and Wolves were all over us, that to me is the set up and it never changed.

We had changed the second half v Southampton and turned it round

2 goals in the first half killed us against Wolves.

1 or 2 things that lead to goals are quite key

Is there a striker in world football we can attract who would deliver more? I know he agitated to leave over the summer, possibly because of the trophy and big game critiques and he doesn’t cover every blade of grass but the guy scored and assisted the most goals last season, is there really any better yardstick for individual contribution than that? He will be remembered as an all time great, even if he left tomorrow I cannot see is ever getting the combination of his ability and longevity again.

His record is comparable with Messi and Ronaldo this season! I’m sure if he went to one of the top clubs Spain he’d get over a goal a game.

Individually no there very probably isn't.
But as a team i'm sure there must be.
Kane has grown to big for this team, team mind, not club.
He should be as accountable as any.
Why for instance is he still taking free kicks?
How is that not challenged in the dressing room?

Individually no there very probably isn't.
But as a team i'm sure there must be.
Kane has grown to big for this team, team mind, not club.
He should be as accountable as any.
Why for instance is he still taking free kicks?
How is that not challenged in the dressing room?
In terms of individual contribution it’s difficult to make a case for him not be providing the most, but I don’t see how any member of the team can criticise him given their own performances. He’d walk into most positions in the team imo.

People were talking about building a team around Son because he hasn’t been considering his options but if he’s our second best contributor it shows the gap we have - even with a drop off he’s still way out there.

He may be too big for us and that’s why we won’t keep him, but I do think we will be worse without him. Partly because I don’t trust our recruitment and partly because of his replacement hit anything like his numbers they will be getting tapped up by bigger fish.

I’m totally with you on free kicks though, that’s got to be on the manager(s) though?

Something broke up when Mourinho was sacked. Right or wrong, it's obvious that Kane was very upset and if I remember correctly, he hinted in that infamous interview that some players were willing to do whatever was asked of them to reach the top and others weren't.

To their credit, the club did try to get rid of some of the usual suspects but it's quite obvious that some of our players just don't have it in them to compete at the highest level. It's got nothing to do with their ability - it's all in the head. There's no point in trying to guess who they are. Our past four managers have to know. I said it before: it's the 90s all over again. The only difference is that we've had some very good managers over the past few years, which wasn't the case before. Unfortunately, they're too good for our players.

From our past experience, I'd say there isn't much we can do about it, except wait for a few years until they're all gone and try to replace them with better professionnals. We need to do what Pochettino did at the start of his tenure.

Nobody has managed to get a tune out of these players for almost five years now. There's a very long road ahead of us, I believe. It would be great to keep Conte but regardless, we're looking at a couple of years of mid-table mediocrity at the very least.

Back