• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

Bloody nervous about this, for some reason. Maybe I've had too much coffee. We haven't really hit form yet, and I fear another slow start and us banging our heads against the wall. Hopefully we'll go out all guns blazing and get an early goal instead.

But none of that shows how Poch is addressing our poor first half performances in EVERY game this season.

When I said he was addressing it, I meant that he was talking about it, not that he had cured it. But I think it's a pretty reasonable explanation he has given - in that we aren't quite at our peak fitness, and we are a team that uses fitness to implement our game plan.

For comparison, I've just scanned through Liverpool's pre season match reports. They've made a great start to the season and look right now like a scary proposition for us. Not surprising that Mane, Coutinho and Firmino have pretty much had full pre seasons and have been key players for them. Even Strurridge had more games than Kane to get back into a groove.

What about us? Kane, Alli, Dier, Walker, Rose playing until the QFs for England. Lloris until the final. Toby with Belgium, as with Verts although he got injured. We've had Dembele out until today. Lamela out with Argentina, Eriksen with Denmark and Son with South Korea. No wonder we've been out of sorts a little, but I fully expect us to now pick up steam as we start reaching our peak.

Oh lets see.

Tottenham unbeaten in the League this season
Sunderland yet to win
Sunderland not won a league match in Aug or Sept for something like 23 matches
A chance to go 4th or even 3rd (depending on United) with a win

I think we all know where this is leading.....

I hope the instructions are to get shots and crosses on Pickford early - he will become a decent keeper, but at present he makes mistakes under pressure

After the disappointing defeat to Monaco in the CL, we need a good performance and a win to get back our winning form. We cannot let the CL defeat to affect our league form. After all, we have a chance to move into 3rd place in the league if we win. We do have an excellent record against Sunderland in recent years. We have won 9 and drew 3 of our last 12 matches against them in the league. So, there is no reason whatsover why we cannot win this match.

Kane was disappointing against Monaco but he did score his first league goal of the season against Stoke last week. So, hope he has find his goal scoring boot in the league. With Janssen still struggling to get his first goal for us, we have no choice but to rely on kane to get the goals for us. Unfortunately, we don't have any other consistent goal scorers for us. Son did well to score 2 goals against Stoke but he wasted a good chance to score against Monaco. Similiarly, players like Lamela, Alli and Eriksen need to be more clinical in front of goal as well.

Without a doubt, all the attention in midfield will be on the returning Dembele. He was really stupid to get his 6 match ban after his moment of madness against Chelsea last season. We have badly missed him in midfield during his ban. Let's hope he will come back fired up to prove what we have missed all along. It seems Kane only plays well when Dembele is around. So maybe Kane will get back his best form now what Dembele is back. I won't mind if we rest the likes of Dier, Alli and Eriksen and play Dembele, Sissoko and Wanyama in midfield instead.

Our defence were really disappointing against Monaco. Hope Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld will get back their best form in this match. Maybe we need to bring back Wimmer to keep both Vertonghen and Alderweireld to be at their best all the time. We did well to keep the clean sheet against Stoke last week. It will hard to accept if we don't keep the clean sheet against Sunderland as well. No doubt Defoe will be fired up to score against us. Hope we wo't give him any goal scoring chance.

We need to win this match to get back our winning form. More importantly, we need to beat Sunderland to move into third place in the league. Let's hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get the all-important win.

Oh lets see.

Sunderland yet to win

It better bloody not!

Just want us to fly out the traps....and please more tempo and less needless touches on the ball than what I saw at Wembley on Wednesday

Any "t e a m n e w s" yet ?

We really need a good performance and a win to lift our morale after the Monaco defeat. Dembele really owe us a big performance after his stupid 6 match ban. Hope all our key players will be at their best to lead us to the win.

Official Site team:

Lloris (C)
Walker - Alderweireld - Dier - Vertonghen
Dembele -Wanyama
Sissoko - Alli - Son
Kane​

Subs: Vorm
Davies
Trippier
Eriksen
Lamela
Winks
Janssen​

Verts and Toby cb with Dier sitting going fwd and walker with the width.

Midfield get the ball and run at them

It's either genius or disastrous

Oh lets see.

Sunderland yet to win

yep, reminds me of that west ham game a few years ago

also today's portents are bad for me, United lost, Hamilton didn't win the GP and Dallas have to go to Washington later, i might be suicidal by midnight

Back