• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

Our biggest problem.....slow starts. We need to to be far more decisive from the get go!

We are very easy ozy ........lack of penetrative passing up to our attack. We are very attritional, yes im all for patients but we need to quicken up going forward.
We had anything but a slow start against Sunderland I thought. It was probably our best opening 10 to 15 minutes of the season.

We had anything but a slow start against Sunderland I thought. It was probably our best opening 10 to 15 minutes of the season.

It was better, but still had sweet F.A. to show for it. We are a bunch of numpties in front of goal

Last edited:
It was better, but still had sweet F.A. to show for it. We are a bunch of pansies in front of goal..........sod political correctness......
You confuse goals with general play. If we play the first 10 to 15 minutes of every game in the way that we did the Sunderland one I think we would be winning far more often than not and probably never be losing the game. That is good enough for me.

You confuse goals with general play. If we play the first 10 to 15 minutes of every game in the way that we did the Sunderland one I think we would be winning far more often than not and probably never be losing the game. That is good enough for me.

Now I know I'm getting a little slow in my dotage but I'm not that far gone!

This
Our biggest problem.....slow starts. We need to to be far more decisive from the get go!

We are very easy ozy ........lack of penetrative passing up to our attack. We are very attritional, yes im all for patients but we need to quicken up going forward.

Its not so much the slow starts ( although they do need fixing) the biggest problem is finishing off all the chances we create, its not just this season it happened last year as well, we need to be more clinical with our finishing.

This

I don't agree with that, we'd have had the last 2 games won in the first 10 minutes had we not produced some atrocious finishing.

I prefer that we don't come out at 110 mph. If we don't score early we're screwed when we eventually run out of steam. Most important thing is that we're switched on and able to prevent the other lot from scoring.

I prefer that we don't come out at 110 mph. If we don't score early we're screwed when we eventually run out of steam. Most important thing is that we're switched on and able to prevent the other lot from scoring.
I want us to come out the blocks with much more intent........but not suicidal of course!

I don't think it's bum rush ala Pool ..

I do think if you look at the better Spurs performances of the last 2-3 years, it's been when we up the tempo. It isn't all about running or over-pressing, it's about moving the ball quickly and early, when we do that and leverage the speed of our FBs we can be very difficult to play against. Poch knows this, it's why Mason/Bentaleb got their start, they recycled the ball quicker, it's why even if you look at the practice drills on social media today, it's quick passing in tight situations.

It does seem the combination of pressing without exposing yourself, holding possession, recovering the ball quickly, passing quickly and leveraging the FBs requires the team to have a rhythm, and we seem to take some time to find that at the beginning of a season.

I don't think it's bum rush ala Pool ..

I do think if you look at the better Spurs performances of the last 2-3 years, it's been when we up the tempo. It isn't all about running or over-pressing, it's about moving the ball quickly and early, when we do that and leverage the speed of our FBs we can be very difficult to play against. Poch knows this, it's why Mason/Bentaleb got their start, they recycled the ball quicker, it's why even if you look at the practice drills on social media today, it's quick passing in tight situations.

It does seem the combination of pressing without exposing yourself, holding possession, recovering the ball quickly, passing quickly and leveraging the FBs requires the team to have a rhythm, and we seem to take some time to find that at the beginning of a season.

I agree Lpool are dead on thier feet in the second half.

Any game 8ve seen this season we've two maybe three chances in the first 10 mins.
It's lack of composure in front of goal not tempo that's killing us.

Any game 8ve seen this season we've two maybe three chances in the first 10 mins.
It's lack of composure in front of goal not tempo that's killing us.
Or a little lack of luck??? This will come right. We have had a better start than last season, just seems we have not had the rub of the green to get the early breaks or we have come up against a keeper in fine form.

This

So, there I am, reading your post and nodding and agreeing and then I trip over the misspelling of 'patients'. You meant 'patience'.

And my first instinct was to chirp you for bad grammar. And then the words 'all for lack of patience...' popped into my head and suddenly I was spinning into the memory of a great album that included a song called Patience. I spent a very enjoyable 40 minutes re-visiting an album from 1984 that stands up magnificently today:

Grazie, bello

So, there I am, reading your post and nodding and agreeing and then I trip over the misspelling of 'patients'. You meant 'patience'.

And my first instinct was to chirp you for bad grammar. And then the words 'all for lack of patience...' popped into my head and suddenly I was spinning into the memory of a great album that included a song called Patience. I spent a very enjoyable 40 minutes re-visiting an album from 1984 that stands up magnificently today:

Grazie, bello

Shows how dyslexics and spell checkers are a precarious combination. "Patience" is one of my recurring fopas, but there is a very very long list.

I like the music!:cool:

Back