• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

While people like that are getting elected nothing will change
You have to love the re-imagined basis of the 2nd amendment, which was written in during violent times like the whiskey wars and was there because of a lack of a standing army.

Was also convenient to be able to take guns to a knife fight against those they stole the land from in the first place.

The fact the right to bear arms is still being used like ita the 1700s is laughable TBH

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Everything to avoid adressing the root cause of the problem, I guess. Why don't they just build prison walls around schools, and enforce strict security checks on everyone who enters? With heavily armed guards, of course. Surely that's the only logical solution to end school shootings.

Everything to avoid adressing the root cause of the problem, I guess. Why don't they just build prison walls around schools, and enforce strict security checks on everyone who enters? With heavily armed guards, of course. Surely that's the only logical solution to end school shootings.

I was thinking about it yesterday for a while and what makes the US more complicated is that the wider gun laws mean you can't even narrow down on problem areas, literally every area where there is a mental health problem and a gun is a hotspot. I'm not saying that other countries don't have their issues but you can at least make more educated guesses on which areas will be affected and need more protection because of other issues such as poor economics. In America the problem is inflamed within but not exclusive to the poorest areas

Because of the frivolous gun laws in the US literally every city and therefore school is at threat a stat thats backed up by the fact Nashville was the 129th mass shooting this year and its only March/April, so what do you do, protect every school with a bulletproof cell or ban guns? I mean if you put a child in a room and provided the basic stats as a SATs test he would come to the conclusion that should ban guns.

The fix will need to start with reinterpreting the 2nd amendment as it was intended to be understood, not the way it is now. The interpretation of it now doesn't stand up to scrutiny. And then closing of the NRA and a reeducation program, likely over decades. It can be done but this will need the Dems to rebalance the supreme court, which is well overdue anyway for a myriad of reasons.

The fix will need to start with reinterpreting the 2nd amendment as it was intended to be understood, not the way it is now. The interpretation of it now doesn't stand up to scrutiny. And then closing of the NRA and a reeducation program, likely over decades. It can be done but this will need the Dems to rebalance the supreme court, which is well overdue anyway for a myriad of reasons.
Exactly, people tend to hide behind it and also you hear alot of "you will never change it" but that's all abit weak for me.

The 2nd amendment and subsequent gun laws were meant as a protection due to lack of a central army and that, at the time, it was one of the most violent times to live in. Its a shame the Americans now don't realise that the days of El Dorado and Whyatt Earp are long gone as are the gold and whiskey rushes of yonder.

Time for them to make the change because at the moment it seems they care more about owning guns than they do about the care of their children

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

prefer-gop-candidate-who.png

Not expecting much improvement over there for a long time yet.

prefer-gop-candidate-who.png

Not expecting much improvement over there for a long time yet.

The biggest block of voters in the us (i believe) are not either democrat or republican. Either swing or non voters. Any election won't be decided by hard liners left or right.

The biggest block of voters in the us (i believe) are not either democrat or republican. Either swing or non voters. Any election won't be decided by hard liners left or right.

If the Democrats aren't able to put forward an electable candidate, these are the people who picks the other one and it does stop with the president. Considering how gerrymandered everything is over there, this small group has a considerable influence .

Back