• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Another Chelsea game and still no OMT *

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GHod I fudging hate losing to those clams more than anyone. Just had to go for a run to clear the anger.

But fudge it, we had our top 3 goalscorers out and our 4th highest goalscorer only fit enough for the bench. And had to play the 'home' leg at Wembley. And might well have won it anyway if the away goals rule hadn't changed this very season.

Indeed, I'd like to have seen the game if we'd had Kane, Son, Alli and Moura fully fit, and Chelsea had been without Giroud, Morata, Hazard and Pedro. Would have fudging smashed them.

But of course that won't be the narrative - it will be about Spurs falling at the last hurdle again, and being perrenial bottlers. I for one will be boycotting all football journalism, punditry and other fans for a week, and would strongly urge others to do the same. Why bother listening to their banal, simple-minded tribalist flimflam when we know that we haven't bought success like City and Chelsea, and that when we do have it next season - finally back home in our brand new stadium, without the WC hangover and with 1 or 2 new signings - it will be all the fudging sweeter.

COYS

Hopefully Poch can get them up for Palace, carry the second half performance on and get them over the loss on pens.

Mo Po showing some deserved contempt for this dingdong interviewing him

I liked the interview though from the point of view you can see he’s all about the process not just the result. He knows it was a kick of the ball and if we keep knocking on the door, it will go our way.

I love him. He’s a fudging incredible manager.

At least we now have Joe Cole to provide some thoughtful, balanced insight into what has just happened.

Who the fvck thought Joe Cole could provide some insightful comment? CVNT!

Thankfully they have Tottenham legend, Jamie “I’m not a Dipper or bitter that Levy sacked my father” Redknapp to provide some balance :rolleyes:

GHod I fudging hate losing to those clams more than anyone. Just had to go for a run to clear the anger.

But fudge it, we had our top 3 goalscorers out and our 4th highest goalscorer only fit enough for the bench. And had to play the 'home' leg at Wembley. And might well have won it anyway if the away goals rule hadn't changed this very season.

Indeed, I'd like to have seen the game if we'd had Kane, Son, Alli and Moura fully fit, and Chelsea had been without Giroud, Morata, Hazard and Pedro. Would have fudging smashed them.

But of course that won't be the narrative - it will be about Spurs falling at the last hurdle again, and being perrenial bottlers. I for one will be boycotting all football journalism, punditry and other fans for a week, and would strongly urge others to do the same. Why bother listening to their banal, simple-minded tribalist flimflam when we know that we haven't bought success like City and Chelsea, and that when we do have it next season - finally back home in our brand new stadium, without the WC hangover and with 1 or 2 new signings - it will be all the fudging sweeter.

COYS
I feel your pain,but anyone who knows football can appreciate what we are missing player sizes, so keep the faith. Our time will come we are performing way above par with the available resources and when everyone’s back we will finish the season strongly.

Same way they hammered Wigan in the final? Or Chelsea hammered us in the final? Its a one off game, basically at our current home. There is no knowing how we might both look like by then and how the form will be etc.

Except they're not though. They're literally 5 points and one place above us in the table. They literally could barely be more on our level.

Yes they're better than us overall and yes we have a few injuries right now. But we are not in different leagues, we're not some little pauper team, we are literally sitting in 3rd, one place below them.

And this is what I'm saying. We finished 11th vs Chelsea's 2nd when we won it in 08. Brum finished 18th vs Arsenal's 4th when they won it. I'd say those teams are more on a different level to us and City right now.

And yep, you're right, you do need to get past the semis in the first place.

Compared to them, we are a little pauper team.

We don't have to be. But we choose to be that little pauper team. And so, we are - until the day arrives when we can field a squad that can actually go out and win competitions like this, which this squad has proven unable to do.

But to get a squad capable of stepping up the required level, we need to spend money on it. That's where absolutely everything falls apart for us - and will until there's a change at the top.

Yeah I think they should take pride in the performance and next pen shoot out we end up in it should be Kane Son Alli Eriksen and Lamela taking them!

I wouldn’t go that far, it was only Chelsea, I still figured we’d probably win tonight to be honest, whatever 11 we used.

I didn’t see the first half but reading this thread suggests it was us being crap rather than them being good.

Back