• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Another Chelsea game and still no OMT *

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why does poch play 3 at the back Vs Fulham and then we don't Vs Chelsea. Odd decision by poch again in a semi.

Yeah, the timing of the matches is poor and personally I don't see the need for a 2 legged semi. Do away with it and have a semi at a neutral location.

Yep, we've lost a lot of our edge. Lamela and Moura need to find some of that early season form and quickly.

2 legged semis is the best thing about the league cup

Is it a lot of games? I mean we played 3 games to get to the Semis and have played 5 games total. You play 6 games to win it, same as the FA cup and much less than the 13 games you'd have to play to win the CL.
Not a lot of games in absolute numbers. But those five games have all been midweek between other fixtures I think.

How many weeks in a season do we go without a midweek fixture? It's not a huge number, 5 more weeks where the squad gets a full week of restitution and training seems like the kind of thing that could make a bit of a difference in a season (or rather, two thirds of a season).

Been a bit unlucky with the draw mind, only PL teams and West Ham, Arsenal and Chelsea has meant that sending out a reserve team has been more difficult.

--------

Decent second half from us. Dire first half. Winks, Vertonghen and Rose all did well I thought. Came close despite so many starters missing, can't complain really.

They are on a different level to us. They would have hammered us. Irrelevant anyhow - you need to win the semis to have a chance in finals.

Except they're not though. They're literally 5 points and one place above us in the table. They literally could barely be more on our level.

Yes they're better than us overall and yes we have a few injuries right now. But we are not in different leagues, we're not some little pauper team, we are literally sitting in 3rd, one place below them.

And this is what I'm saying. We finished 11th vs Chelsea's 2nd when we won it in 08. Brum finished 18th vs Arsenal's 4th when they won it. I'd say those teams are more on a different level to us and City right now.

And yep, you're right, you do need to get past the semis in the first place.

You make more money out of 3 CL group stage home games than you do by winning both domestic cups.

Very true. You also increase the prestige for your club and likelihood of keeping your players by winning trophies and I guess also progressing deeply into European competition.

I hope we can do one this season.

Why does poch play 3 at the back Vs Fulham and then we don't Vs Chelsea. Odd decision by poch again in a semi.

Chelsea’s setup last time and the fact that if they did start a proper forward it would be Giroud (the only man in the PL slower than Toby) suggested that extra man might be more useful elsewhere.

Same way they hammered Wigan in the final? Or Chelsea hammered us in the final? Its a one off game, basically at our current home. There is no knowing how we might both look like by then and how the form will be etc.
Have you forgotten we have 3 major players unavailable? Two of whom are unlikely to be fit in time for the final and one who will have been flogged to death by his Country’s National team? Not to mention Guardiola’s City are not the same as Mancini’s. I give you with those 3 fit and firing we had a chance but really winning today would have just set up a hammering in the final. Especially given how poorly we defended today. City would not have missed the chances Chelsea did.

Last edited:
Back