• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

Is that the players in our team 'demanding Champions League football' (Bale, Modric) are the ones who failed to do the business on the pitch. They hold the team over this barrel with demands of getting into the top 4, but they're the fudgers whose job it is to do it!

Modern football eh?

100% correct. Said it many times in the past

Funny thing is, we qualified to CL with a seemingly inferior set of strikers : Crouch, Defoe, Keane, Pavly. But since then we have failed to qualify despite signing VDV, Adebayor and Saha. This shows, having better strikers doesn't mean you will have a better team. Or maybe VDV is jinxed !

Wrong we DID qualify for the CL, it was only the fact that an English club are now the holders which means we play Europa League.

I have to say that Seaside Spur's post totally encapsulates how I am feeling this morning and I guess what he has said has resonated with quite a few posters. It is just a shame that someone who comes across as such a passionate and intelligent person has felt the need to walk away.

I have to say that Seaside Spur's post totally encapsulates how I am feeling this morning and I guess what he has said has resonated with quite a few posters. It is just a shame that someone who comes across as such a passionate and intelligent person has felt the need to walk away.

My thoughts as well, i have played, watched, coached football for over 50 years and i can honestly say i have never been so disillusioned then i feel right now. Nothing to do with lasts nights result just the way the game i have always loved has gone.

Wrong we DID qualify for the CL, it was only the fact that an English club are now the holders which means we play Europa League.

Wrong... we finished 4th, the CL qualification was ALWAYS dependant on the winners of the CL... not quite the same thing.

It's a bricky rule, and one that not only 'punishes' a team for finishing 4th and not getting it's just reward, but more importantly, it punishes US YET AGAIN in our pursuit of regular CL football... it just isn't meant to be... 2010 feels more and more like a 'blip' that will NEVER be allowed to happen again... at least for as long as filthy rich Arabs and Russian Billionaires are 'ru(in)ning' the game...

Last edited:
I am still hurting very badly from last night but here goes.......

There should be a club meeting this week to include Levy, anybody on the board with money, Redknapp and his team, and all the first team squad.

Levy and co should say how much money there is to spend before we have sold players. Redknapp should say exactly what his long term intentions are e.g if Hodgson gets sacked in 6 months what will he want to do. If he can't commit get rid now and hold the meeting with the new manager! Assuming he is to stay, he should be honest and state who he wants to sell and the players should be asked who wants to stay and fight for the club and who wants to go. Needless to say if Bale and Modric start dithering then get rid for good money....

This may all sound a bit drastic but we have really f***ed up this season and now is a time for honesty from all involved at the club. The speculation about Redknapp going, players leaving and even the building of the new ground all undermine stability.

Things need to be done soon and not two f***ing weeks before the season starts like usual.

We either state our intention as a united unit to compete with the other top clubs or we don't. Claiming to be a big club but behaving like Fulham is starting to wear thin. If some of the bigger players go let's aim to win the Europa and not fool ourselves into thinking we can get top four again without spending top four money.

I am proud of the position the club has reached while paying it's own way but the reality of our current situation now needs to be honestly addressed.

I suppose last night was simply a glorified CL Qualifier played on OUR behalf... and we went out... saves all that heightened expectation waiting for it to happen August I guess!

We qualified for the CL qualifier (dependant on Chelsea) NOT the CL.

Correct. And looking at 4 of the 5 defiinite possible opponents we could have faced, it wasnt a 'given' that we would have qualified anyway.

The best way I can look at this is, we could have been in the same position as 2 years ago. Possible signings waiting for the qualifier in late August, then having less than a week to sort things.
At least right now we know exactly where we stand, any negotiations can start now, those that want to stay stay, for those who CL was the be-all and end-all, then f#ck off.
Potential signings know we will be in the Europa League so we all know where we stand. Get them in before pre-season and have them gelled ready for August 19th

Under contract - fudge 'em. Before anyone says, think what we could do with the money/go out and buy players that want to play for the club, we all know Redknapp would blow the cash on utter brick.

Back