• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

This BS is circulating

529696_3980323550628_1356857868_4358068_1096953051_n.jpg

cant argue with the cnuts

we had the chances to nail them this season and finish above them....who knows what paths the clubs would then have taken

We got 10 point from our last 12 games. If you want to be tinkled be tinkled off a month ago.
Also you'd probably be delighted with our season if West Brom got something today.

That's because we should have finished 3rd, and if Arsenal dropped points today we would have.

cant argue with the cnuts

we had the chances to nail them this season and finish above them....who knows what paths the clubs would then have taken

picking a small point up here, but how can they call it St Totteringham day or whatever when they never actually got to a day where we could not finish above them! its pathetic! i thought they did not care about us! ;) well thats what they used to say when they were a team that challenged for the top!

Fourth is great yes, but we should've been more productive in the January transfer window, when we still had an outside chance of the title. Third place was in our grasp and we ballsed it up no two ways about it. Fourth seems a scant consolation.

If that's the best they can come up with after yet another trophyless season let them laugh at us, perhaps when RvP leaves for Emirates Marketing Project and they collapse next season they might not be so happy, but then they are a bunch of gutless c**ts over there.

Agreed.

We all know he loves a court case. Liverpool did it successfully when they were in a similar position a few years ago.

Surely if it goes wrong next weekend, we can get UEFA to give us an extra qualifier against the Belarusian runners-up or something?

Even if we don't get a place, going by Levy's pervious I reckon he could get ?ú10m out of UEFA for the Foundation or pavements around the new WHL....

Of course not. He wouldnt have a hope of winning! WHen it happened to Liverpool, there wasnt a rule covering it. THere is now a rule

You cant sue someone just because you dont like the rules!

Cannot go Legal, would make a mockery of rules that were laid out before the league even started.

But that said I think that UEFA have to come up with a new rule for this. A rule where the holders get a place in addition to the league's allocation. Its ridiculous that the season has ended and we dont know if we have attained what we wanted or not, we have to wait another week then support another side. That is just plain wrong.

I'd hope not. Be total shame if he did.

I would ask him though to get changed future rules.

That UEFA supply the winners an automatic spot, not each team's govening body.

Only way this gets sorted IMO.

Not saying I'd agree with it. Does seem unfair mind, why punish a league for being so strong? Then again it would be at someone else's expense ultimately so not really fair on whoever that may be.....

IMO the rule should punish the team that could focus solely on CL because they weren't competitive in the league. Italian teams used to be terrible for only concentrating on the competition they were doing well in and abandoning the others.

The holders of the trophy deserve to be in the competition next year before fourth place. Infact, before second and third place too.

We knew the rules.

I blame the FA! as soon as that whole circus started our season went tits up! players lose focus, and ones not in the side who are not favorites think they are going to get a new manager so dont fight so hard. Is it a coincidence that since Hodgson got the job our form pick up again.

FA!! really ballsed us up!

They should have an extra place set aside for the country of the winners, regardless if they've already qualified or not. It means that teams would all get behind a club from your country that's playing in the final and you don't get bizarre situations like this one where we might be screwed out of it.

Harry's 3 worst mistakes

1 - Playing Rose - could and should have bought cover, even today's formation with Kaboul there and Livermore in the middle was better.
Rose is clearly not good enough,it was have been easy , to not put us in the position where we had to.

2 - Last weeks substitution , clearly did not work, much more to gain than lose, by bringing Defoe on. Put him on today , 5 mins goal.

3 - Team selection for Arsenal away, Lennon and Defoe left on the bench, starting with Nico and Saha, clearly not our best team.

The 3rd mistake is forgivable all managers do this.

The 1st and 2nd are not so forgivable. One is sloppy and the other is being ultra negative.

Harry has done plenty right, but not lately.

Harry has been off form and that is what has costs us. IMO had we had another manager for the past 3 or 4 months, we would be 3rd.

Last edited:
Whatever way you slice it, losing a 10 point gap on your nearest rivals for 3rd and also being 2-0 up and contriving to lose 5-2 in the same game is throwing it away!

OK even if you disagree with me about the season in general, we were given a lifeline by Norwich and had another chance to go 3rd at Villa last week, one of the poorest sides in the league, and we blew it again!

=D>=D>=D>=D>

And there lies the bottom line.

Rules really must be changed. It is a disgrace that a team can lose a CL spot they have been fighting for for 38 games, because a team from the same country has happened to do well in this year's tournament. It makes no sense. Of course, this could only ever happen to Tottenham. If it does happen to us this season, I am sure it will never happen to any club again, ever, in the history of football. Only perhaps to us, another time or two. But, the UEFA needs to do something about it.

1. We have cover in Naughton, we should not have loaned him out.

2. We was still all over them, but I agree. But defoe at the lane is a different defoe to away.

3. Agree, we were brick in that game.

Whatever way you slice it, losing a 10 point gap on your nearest rivals for 3rd and also being 2-0 up and contriving to lose 5-2 in the same game is throwing it away!

OK even if you disagree with me about the season in general, we were given a lifeline by Norwich and had another chance to go 3rd at Villa last week, one of the poorest sides in the league, and we blew it again!

That's a very important point.

We are 4th. That's the target. Well done. I am happy with it.

But it doesn't mean we shouldn't reflect of the massive fudgeup the early 2nd half season was, of which parts were perfectly avoidable. We should learn from it. And that's from transfer policy (oh look, Steven Pienaar score AGAIN) over formation fiddling to resting half injured key players. There's a lot to be learned.

Back