• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

If Chelsea win, will Levy go legal?

We all know he loves a court case. Liverpool did it successfully when they were in a similar position a few years ago.

Surely if it goes wrong next weekend, we can get UEFA to give us an extra qualifier against the Belarusian runners-up or something?

Even if we don't get a place, going by Levy's pervious I reckon he could get ?ú10m out of UEFA for the Foundation or pavements around the new WHL....

I really hope not. The rules were different when Liverpool did it. We knew the rules at the start of this season. Would make us look small time and pathetic.

So did Liverpool then.

you're joking right? They've fixed the rules since then, it is what it is.

No, they fixed the rules then because they didn't get the outcome they desired then. Like they can fix them again now - I bet they would if us and Chelsea were in reversed positions.

Yep. Happy St Totteringham's Day indeed!! Perhaps I'll feel better in the morning.

I wonder if Harry still wants Chelsea to win the CL??

](*,)

The big problem we have is that, even if we make the CL, then the qualifier will be in mid August and therefore Levy will be reluctant to spend until he knows what competition we'll be in. It was exactly the same two years ago.

Do you really see a difference in the players we will get ? We got it 2 years ago and didnt spend much. I doubt CL football makes much of a difference, players coming here know we wont win it anyway.

Some might use it as an excuse to leave. But Emirates Marketing Project did not have it when they signed Tevez. Chelsea wont lose anyone if they fail to beat Bayern.

Quite simply, wages matter to players. Its going to take a billionaire to do anything of note in the transfer window, 20 or 30 million of CL football money isnt enough for a change in policy.

This BS is circulating

529696_3980323550628_1356857868_4358068_1096953051_n.jpg

Knock GB all you want, I bet this very thought has gone through Levy's mind and I wouldn't be surprised if he's explored avenues already....

We got 10 point from our last 12 games. If you want to be tinkled be tinkled off a month ago.
Also you'd probably be delighted with our season if West Brom got something today.

Incredible how it's nearly happened to us TWICE in 7 seasons!

The rules are rules unfortunately. Logistically, how would they go about putting more teams in the competiton? It can't be done!

Bayern are the superior side but I've got a horrible feeling the final will be just like the semi finals and Chelsea will fluke it 1-0.

This BS is circulating

529696_3980323550628_1356857868_4358068_1096953051_n.jpg

If that's the best they can come up with after yet another trophyless season let them laugh at us, perhaps when RvP leaves for Emirates Marketing Project and they collapse next season they might not be so happy, but then they are a bunch of gutless c**ts over there.

And what are we blaming ourselves for ?

4th is good. No real gap between us and Arsenal.

We might have at one stage been 10 points clear (i keep reading 13 but im not sure about that -anyone?) but if all of our easy fixtures were in the first half of the season, you have to expect that. Shuffle the results up and there arent too many to complain about. The season lasts for 38 games and it is only at the end you cant judge, because until you have played everyone twice its not a level playing field.

No, because it would be a waste of resources for a fallen cause

The poor get fudged by the rich. Always. We'll just be told to do one since the rules we 'clarified' after the Liverpool fiasco back in 2005. More embarrassment our way

Last edited:
Do you really see a difference in the players we will get ? We got it 2 years ago and didnt spend much. I doubt CL football makes much of a difference, players coming here know we wont win it anyway.

Some might use it as an excuse to leave. But Emirates Marketing Project did not have it when they signed Tevez. Chelsea wont lose anyone if they fail to beat Bayern.

Quite simply, wages matter to players. Its going to take a billionaire to do anything of note in the transfer window, 20 or 30 million of CL football money isnt enough for a change in policy.

AdamB makes a good point. 3rd guarantees CL football, straight into the group stages, right now we are not in the CL, we have just earned the right to play a qualifier to get into the competition proper (if Chelski fcuk up next week of course)

if we had finished 3rd then we could immediately dangle the CL carrot to potential signings. Its a big difference

cannot believe Arse finished 3rd, its as shocking as Chelsea finishing 6th

Back