• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

Absolutely head bangingly infuriating how everything seems to have conspired against us

indeed even you ignore the other 9 months of the season when umpteen things went against us just look at how 3rd and then 4th was snatched from us in successive games - the worst goalkeeping display in history and then bayern failing to win despite leading after 88 minutes, missing a penalty in extra time and then top it all losing on penalties after leading 2-0 - a german side too ffs. i can't ever the last time club or country they lost a major shoot out. it's absolutely beyond belief.

Absolutely head bangingly infuriating how everything seems to have conspired against us

indeed even you ignore the other 9 months of the season when umpteen things went against us just look at how 3rd and then 4th was snatched from us in successive games - the worst goalkeeping display in history and then bayern failing to win despite leading after 88 minutes, missing a penalty in extra time and then top it all losing on penalties after leading 2-0 - a german side too ffs. i can't ever the last time club or country they lost a major shoot out. it's absolutely beyond belief.

It was a typical 'everything that could go wrong - will go wrong' calssic Spurs scenario

Nothing actually surprised me about the recent events

It was a typical 'everything that could go wrong - will go wrong' calssic Spurs scenario

Nothing actually surprised me about the recent events

Yup. Agreed. I'm surprised the media or any other semi-respected institution hasn't come out and said anything about the luck we have suffered against us over the season. I know every club thinks they have bad luck, every club has the 'if only we didn't draw at home to the team that finished 15th then we would have achieved our objectives' type stuff, but I'm absolutely certain that nobody has had worse luck than we have had this season. No where near. We've benefitted from near enough nothing, except winning against Fulham when we didn't deserve to.

Disallowed goals, offsides that weren't, goals that never crossed the line, weirdly too terrible performances by goalkeepers playing against our rivals, our manager being linked away from the club mid-season during an amazing run and then not even getting the job he was apparently certain to get and runing our confidence, world class players missing penalties against the 6th best side in our league in order to hand them a nice passage through to the trophy. Said 6th place team getting lauded for a 'great defensive performance' when they concede 45 shots in one match, barely have an attempt on goal, manage to fall behind in the 83rd minute and then score with their next and only opportunity of the match. Referee's Foying us out of games we deserve to win.

And most of that stuff isn't stuff that's in our control. If it was just bad finishing, then fair enough, it's our fault. If it was a big money signing that failed to settle than it's our fault. If a key player gets injured, it's kind of our responsibility to have good back ups if we want to be the third best team in the country for example.

But the amount of crap that got continually thrown at us during this season was absolutely remarkable. I've never seen anything like it. I know the world and life isn't neccesarily fair, but I'd love for when someone next says 'luck evens itself out over the season' to throw our season in their face. But I just don't feel like it will happen. There's a little bit of 'poor Spurs' sentiment around. But it's mainly 'oh well, tough luck', or 'chin up' or 'haha, you're in the Europa League'. I don't know why I expect anyone who's not Spurs to leap to our defence, but it's just so absolutely crazy how everything went against us.

Bolton were unlucky too by the looks of it, with poor refeering getting to them, plus having one of their players nearly die (it's not exactly 'well, you should have cover for injuries' territory when that happens) but wow, truly everything that could go against us did go against us.

bolton did benefit from 2 huge decisions at home to qpr though - qpr goal not given when it clearly crossed the line and a nailed late pen not given to bolton. no surprise 2 of our old mates did that game. atkinson the ref and the linesman with his flag stuck up his arse was the same one who gave ade offside at stoke.

The season cheats DID prosper, thugs bullied their way to victories and Rascists ended up as winners.

Before i expand, i just want to say i have followed Spurs since i was five years old when my dad took me to a reserve game and later a Pat Jennings testimonial, where me and my dad chatted to Glen Hoddle, just a young reserve about to break into the first team, must have been a full ten minutes and an autograph on the match programme, those were the days. Just want you to know i have been there ,done it ,wore the suit bla bla bla.

Anyway, regardless of tonights CL final result i had already decided that i was done with football. This is not knee-jerk, been thinking about this for months.

How can you have a sport where so much is wrong with it?
Everybody has been saying that this is the best season ever and maybe for excitement and unpredictability thats true.
For me, its been the worst season in history, both from a Tottenham point of view and also from a moral footballing point of view.

CHEATS

I have watched divers and phoneys attempt to bend the rules to their advantage almost at will.
Watched Didier Drogba(great player that he is) dive and cheat his way through games, the Barca games were embarrassing but there he is scoring the winning penalty for his team and collecting the CL as well as the fa cup after Mata fooled the ref into giving the ghost goal with his phoney celebrations.
John Terry and Ivanovich nobble anyone in their way, knees and forearm smashs at will.
Watch every Chelsea player foul by any means to stop the opposition and generally go unpunished. Some of the treatment the Barca players and the Bayern players received was disgraceful.

I have watched players surround and hassle refs and get decisions later on through applying psychological pressure, while my team played by the rules for the most part and got sweet FA! How many times were we 'Foyed' this season?

So much for the respect campaign and the fair play league(which we are normally near the top of), whats the point of it all? What does it mean? Whats the reward for playing clean and fair? Playing the best football is almost irrelevant.

The Ballotelli incident, was it cheating or thuggery or plain assault?
All i know is he was in retrospect found guilty and banned but he was still on the pitch to get the penalty and score the penalty that cost us the game and the point that cost us CL football. Don't forget it also cost Man Utd the league title, while he celebrated a PL title. You see, cheats and thugs do prosper.

RASCISTS

I dont really need to elaborate on this, just to say Luiz Suarez has a league cup winners medal and John Terry has two winners medals.
Has there been a more sickening sight than seeing him lift the CL trophy tonight?

UGLY FOOTBALL AND BAD LUCK

See, it's not just about us,although we have been adversely affected by many of these incidents.
It seems that football has lost this season, Chelsea somehow knocked out Barca despite being the vastly inferior team. We have missed out on CL despite largely playing by the rules.
Ugly football (in Chelseas case) has won this season. Thuggery has won. Defensive,awful football has won. Maybe corruption has won?
Fulop,Lasagne,Webb,Foy,Ghost goals, Goal line technology.......can all these things possibly go against us?
Are we jinxed or are their darker forces at work?
I mean, after missing out on CL because of dodgy lasagne the Arse went and lost the CL to Barca.We would have made it that year.
When we do get fourth, Chelsea win the thing! It had to be that way didn't it? Arsenal would have have won the CL if we had got fourth under Jol because that's just the way it is being a Spurs fan.
Chelsea were the luckiest and dirtiest winners of the CL i have ever seen. Basically one or two shots and one corner in both semis and the final.
How incredible is that?
For example in other sports you get what you deserve right? Baskeball for instance, you run up and put the ball in the basket, the best team nearly always wins.
Cricket, you score runs or you get out. If there is a doubt, then the review system corrects it(most times). 99% of the time the best team wins.

I have made up my mind, football isn't like that. The inferior team can win by luck, cheating, intimadation and yes, possibly corruption.
The rules just don't work, they allow for huge margins of error, no system to correct mistakes and constant fouls and cheating that goes unpunished.

MONEY

I think the next time an Arab or Oligarch buys a football team they should ask him and the club what year they would like to be given the title. Let them choose the year and give them the trophy. Everyone gets a year off, fans,players,managers. They will win it at some point, it's a formality just as Cheatski and Emirates Marketing Project have proven. So why not just give it to them and be done with it.
We in the UK, live in a society that (used to) encourage fair play and believed in cheering for the underdogs.
Unfortunately, these new generation owners don't do romance. They come from a place where money talks, corruption rules and there is no room for sentiment and dreamers.
How do you think Roman got where he is? Do you think he cares if he bought the CL?
Where he comes from it's a way of life.
Believe me, i have worked and lived all over the world.There would be no feelings of guilt or cheating if success was bought with wads of cash in brown paper bags.

The greatest game/sport there is, has become massively flawed.

As i said, its been a diabolical season for football and for my team Tottenham Hotspur.

I am not going to put anymore of my time or money into football.It's not the fault of my team, its football in general, it stinks from top to bottom.

Sorry for the rant, this season has just been too much. The football gods must have taken a year off, i think i will do the same.

i couldnt agree more with this ! its got to be the worst season ever being a spurs fan , ive been a fan for 35 years and evrything that has happened does make you feel like giving up !

we are supposed to follow football for fun and enjoyment , but when you are constanly feeling cheated, dissapointed & angry what is the point .

football has changed in a really bad way unless you are on the money/corruption train ...

football is in your blood when you have been following it for years & years but sometimes i really wish i had found another hoby that made me happy & something that i actually have control over , unlike watching football ..

bolton did benefit from 2 huge decisions at home to qpr though - qpr goal not given when it clearly crossed the line and a nailed late pen not given to bolton. no surprise 2 of our old mates did that game. atkinson the ref and the linesman with his flag stuck up his arse was the same one who gave ade offside at stoke.

Ha - forgot about that. So that's Bolton benefiting from a crucial decision in a crucial game and means we were definitely the unluckiest team. The only piece of luck we really had was winning at Fulham, but even that in the grand scheme of things didn't matter that much because it was a top side against a mid-table side.

Every single other thing that could go wrong for us, went wrong. It makes me wonder what the point is. When you can do everything, create the better chances, play football in the right way, run your club in a sustainable way, develop young talent and the season objective can be completely taken away from you because of the decisions of bad refs, luck, bricky rules and the FA of this country allowing speculation to continue about our manager when they never had any intention of appointing him anyway, what really is the point? You could just throw a ton of money at the game and bank on the fact that one of these days, the ball will drop in your favour enough times that you will be called Champions of Europe.

It's like in poker where someone gets too excited because they have pocket Jacks pre-flop, they get re-raised and go all in. The cards are flipped over and it's Aces vs Jacks. Aces look like holding up until a Jack hits on the river. Chelsea are the guy holding Jacks. Yes it can happen, but fudging hell, when it keeps happening, it really becomes hard to take.

Cahill sent off was a bit of a gift, though I'm confident we would have beaten Bolton anyway.

Exactly, it's not as if the 'luck' gained us anything there.

Where, when the margins were fine and we needed the pendulum to swing in our favour, did it actually happen?

Exactly, it's not as if the 'luck' gained us anything there.

Where, when the margins were fine and we needed the pendulum to swing in our favour, did it actually happen?

Only one was Van Der Vaart's goal against Arsenal. Debatable handball (though if we still can't be sure after a million replays I don't see how the ref can give it) and then he ran into the crowd when already on a yellow card.

There was also Bale's dive at the Emirates, which should have won us the game, but we all know how that ended up!

but even those are merely debatable decisions as opposed to 100% incorrect ones we've been on the wrong end of time and time again this season.

you wonder what the point of continuing is when on the evidence of this year neither are we allowed to be in the CL nor win the FA Cup.

it seems only by throwing tons of money or a total fudging scumbag club get you anywhere these days.

Lets be honest, am I disappointed with the events of this year? - You bet your ar*ses that I am!

So what am I going to do about it? - Personally I can't wait to get back inside a football ground to show my support for the team I love.

Boll*cks to Chel$ea, boll*cks to the CL, boll*cks to the (allegedly corrupt) “Mr Magoo” officials out there and boll*cks to everyone who does not share my love for Tottenham Hotspur.

I am fed up with us feeling sorry for ourselves, so let’s get over it!?

Next season finds us in the Premier League and in a European competition. I am sure the supporters of Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton would happily change places with us, so let’s stop playing the victim!!

“We are Tottenham, we are Tottenham, Super Tottenham, from the Lane”.
:barnet:

I dunno what point I'm getting at, but Fulop was in (emergency) goal for Emirates Marketing Project in 2010 the night we beat them wasn't he?

I reckon the guy is simply a lucky charm for WHATEVER opposition he plays against whenever it's a 'do-or-die' Champions League qualification game... that's 2 out of 2, and 100% success rate!

Platini - Do you see me laughing?

UEFA COULD CONSIDER RULE CHANGE
Transfer Specials. Click here to bet.
Follow us on Twitter
Football Transfer Centre
The latest football news
UEFA are prepared to review the controversial rule that saw Tottenham miss out on the Champions League in favour of Chelsea, the European governing body's president Michel Platini said on Wednesday.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp branded the rule "unfair" after Tottenham finished fourth in the Premier League but saw their place in the Champions League taken by Chelsea as reigning European champions.

Platini said no rule change to the competition could be brought in for at least three years but that UEFA would be prepared to review the regulation.

Speaking in Budapest before the FIFA Congress, Platini told the Press Association: "We can always change the rules. We can always discuss the rules, but not during the competition.

"We have decided not to change the rules or regulations of the competition for three years. So in three years we can change, that means we will come back if you wish.

"Everything can be discussed, the rules, yellow cards, but not during the competition. Perhaps in the next executive committee we can speak about it. I can put that, but they may say no."

Redknapp claimed that UEFA should allow five clubs from one country into the tournament in the special circumstance of a club winning the Champions League but finishing outside of the top four in their domestic league, as happened with Chelsea. UEFA's current rule was introduced in 2005 when five English teams were allowed in to the Champions League after Liverpool won the tournament but finished fifth in the Premier League.

Platini said that he personally believed there should be a limit of four per country.

He added: "I think so, but it is the matter of the executive committee, a matter for discussion. If you put more in one part you have to take out more from another part and because we always play with 32 teams, with the winner is 31, so we have to decide.

"Perhaps it could be for discussion in the future about the participation of more than four but for the moment it is not possible because the regulations are for four."

He rejected suggestions that Spurs were being unfairly punished.

"No, they have not been punished, They know the rules, they should have been third and not fourth," said Platini.

Platini also spoke of his personal pleasure at former club Juventus becoming Italian champions again only six years after being relegated following a match-fixing scandal.

"It was a great team, they had problems, they paid - they went to the second division, they come back and now they are champions," he said.

"Welcome back - it's good for Italian football as they are the most popular team in Italy. Welcome back.

"On the outside I try to be neutral. In my heart you never know."

He also joked that if Juventus had been in Tottenham's position his view might have been different, saying: "If Juventus was the fourth team of Italy perhaps I will change the rule!"

Back