• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annoying fans

I always seem to sit next to people who sit their filming the game on their phone in hope that they manage to capture a goal or major incident. End up watching the whole match on a 3 inch screen. Look up FFS!!!

I always seem to sit next to people who sit their filming the game on their phone in hope that they manage to capture a goal or major incident. End up watching the whole match on a 3 inch screen. Look up FFS!!!

The worst bunch of the lot in my opinion. The amount of people who would give anything to sit where they are, and all they do is stare at their phones, in the hope of capturing a moment that may get them a few 'likes' on facebook. How can you properly celebrate a goal when you're too pre-occupied with making sure your phone is safe and trying to get the player's celebrations in the best quality you can? Cnuts.

Our seats are in the Shelf side lower, virtually on the halfway line. Most season ticket holders have been there for years but we only moved there from the Paxton upper a few years ago. We're a loud bunch but no one else around us ever sings, other than on those rare moments when the whole stadium gets going.

You'd have thought that that Inter Milan game at home a couple of seasons back might have been one such occasion. But no....

Oh when the Spuuuuuuuuuuuuuurs started up at the Park Lane end. Our little group joined in. A season ticket holder who sits in front of me turned around and said, with a snarl on his face, 'Can't you just shut the fudge up?". I was stunned. "This is Spurs against Inter Milan in the Champions League", I said, "If it's not okay for us to sing tonight, when will it ever be okay?"

He pointed to the Park Lane and shouted, "If you want to fudging sing, fudge off to that stand". So I replied, "If you want to watch football in piece and quiet, stay at fudging home and watch it from your fudging armchair. Then at least a proper supporter might get the chance to come here in your place".

Thankfully, that stumped him and he turned around and ignored me for the rest of the game. But, I confess, it did rather take the shine off that fantastic evening for me. Last thing I want is to get into a blazing row with a fellow Spurs fan.

For the next few games, this bloke said nothing more but just shot me venomous looks whenever he saw me. And then, towards the end of some PL game, Bale was substituted and the crowd (me included) was giving him a standing ovation. This bloke suddenly turned on me again and screamed, "If you keep clapping in my ear like that, I'm gonna knock you spark out!"

"So now I'm not allowed to clap either?", I asked, and burst out laughing. Which probably didn't help. At this point, he tried to make a move at me but his mates held him back.

Didn't see him for a month or two after that. I've seen him since and he seems to have mellowed. But I guess that he could crack again at any moment.

You have a very high tolerance level mate.

Two macarons behind me in East Upper got season tickets midway through last season. They spend the whole game telling the players who to pass to - constantly, ' Luka wants' or 'Rafa wants' when it's blindingly obvious that's where the pass is going. It's ruining the game for me.

What do I do? (and not get thrown out)

Used to have a brummy in our section that used to call players by their previous clubs name - so it'd be "come on Millwall" for ben thatcher for example - he was alright though lost his job when the car factory shut up there and not seen him since - had some proper troll looking mess of a wife that used to get on my nerves with her whiny cries of "oh come on" when players messed up.

It's a pretty decent section where i am though tbf and the vast majority have been there 20 plus years so everyone knows each other

Two macarons behind me in East Upper got season tickets midway through last season. They spend the whole game telling the players who to pass to - constantly, ' Luka wants' or 'Rafa wants' when it's blindingly obvious that's where the pass is going. It's ruining the game for me.

What do I do? (and not get thrown out)

Oh GHod now that's annoying!

These comments are one of the reasons i quite like buying tickets via a membership (skid mark of death excepted). Although i am in Block 44 90% of the time, over the last 4-5 seasons i have sat in the Paxton upper & Lower, East upper & lower, South upper & lower & West upper.

If there is some total knob-jockey close by - i know that i am very unlikely to come across them again (or rarely at least). If i had an ST & ended up in close proximity to a moany old cnut, it would not end well.

Used to have a brummy in our section that used to call players by their previous clubs name - so it'd be "come on Millwall" for ben thatcher for example - he was alright though lost his job when the car factory shut up there and not seen him since - had some proper troll looking mess of a wife that used to get on my nerves with her whiny cries of "oh come on" when players messed up.

It's a pretty decent section where i am though tbf and the vast majority have been there 20 plus years so everyone knows each other

I think he's in block E now. Always sarcastically slags of lennon in his brummy accent.

went to watford spurs a few seasons back, sat in the home end with my spurs supporting mates and this very old watford fan who couldnt stand up, poked this guy in front of him, quite a young lad, to sit down. this young lad turned round and 2 inches from his face just would not stop screaming until this old man got up and went home, basically in tears.

and then darren bent scored the winner.

This bloke suddenly turned on me again and screamed, "If you keep clapping in my ear like that, I'm gonna knock you spark out!"

"So now I'm not allowed to clap either?", I asked, and burst out laughing. Which probably didn't help. At this point, he tried to make a move at me but his mates held him back.

Didn't see him for a month or two after that. I've seen him since and he seems to have mellowed. But I guess that he could crack again at any moment.

I once had an absolute c@nt of a fan get similarly nasty with me at an away game about 7-8 years ago.

He was sat behind me, and it was all to do with standing up. Now, I know that people standing at football can be annoying at times. However, being so aware of this, I like to think I'm one of far more 'considerate' standers among our support - I'll generally only do it when it's happening en masse, and I'll always try to check to make sure I haven't got a child or less able person directly behind me, for example.

Anyway, this guy took exception to me standing up (along with maybe 75% of our total support who were also standing at the time, but he was only interested in me). It happened only a couple of minutes into the game, so it wasn't as if it was something that had been building up. And there was no polite request for me to sit down, it was straight into the aggression & threats.

I'm a generally inoffensive bloke, certainly not a bruiser or hooligan type. However, among the group I was with that night was a guy who would certainly have reacted far more 'robustly' than I did, had something similar been said to him. Isn't it amazing that nobody requested that he sit down?!

Several years ago now, but I've never forgotten it.

I've got an awful feeling I'M the fan who annoys others around me... especially when I dare attempt to start a song or two!!!

Im lucky im in a group of about 20 STs who have had their STs for over 5 years min now, we all get on really well, go to away games together, go for beers, strippers together, the banter is great and weve enjoyed some wicked times together

However we have a bunch of helms in our row who turn up after KO, no mater what is happening on the pitch they barge past, and in the 90 mins must leave their seats to go downstairs and back at least 10 times, they leave early too, I seriously cannot work out what the point of paying £880 a season is...

The worst bunch of the lot in my opinion. The amount of people who would give anything to sit where they are, and all they do is stare at their phones, in the hope of capturing a moment that may get them a few 'likes' on facebook. How can you properly celebrate a goal when you're too pre-occupied with making sure your phone is safe and trying to get the player's celebrations in the best quality you can? Cnuts.

At least they pay attention to the game as opposed to those that pay a fortune to spend the whole game talking on the phone.

This happens at a lot of gigs I've been too recently. Why don't you f#cking enjoy the moment, instead of trying to capture a grainy copy that you'll never watch again

This happens at a lot of gigs I've been too recently. Why don't you f#cking enjoy the moment, instead of trying to capture a grainy copy that you'll never watch again

I genuinely have to laugh at those using their flash when taking pictures in huge venues. As if that will have any sort of effect.

Yep, the front few rows at a gig are always filled with people holding up their mobiles. Genuinely don't understand why they don't just stay at home and watch highlights on youtube. I suppose just so they can prove to people 'I was there'. Seems very sad to me.

went to watford spurs a few seasons back, sat in the home end with my spurs supporting mates and this very old watford fan who couldnt stand up, poked this guy in front of him, quite a young lad, to sit down. this young lad turned round and 2 inches from his face just would not stop screaming until this old man got up and went home, basically in tears.

and then darren bent scored the winner.

Did no-one stick up for him??

I've recorded a fair few goals on my phone and don't regret one bit. Doesn't stop me enjoying it. Just hold on to your phone. It's not that difficult.

[video=youtube;blFwFFV-Aiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blFwFFV-Aiw[/video]

Bizarre behaviour. I can sort of understand a little video to capture the moment for posterity, especially if you are an infrequent visitor to the lane, but recording large chunks of the match really doesn't make any sense at all. Just watch MOTD you plonker.

Back