• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Yeah and I'm sure all our other players stats for that first half were much better....
But he was the one removed by Poch. Look I would love Townsend to be a top player for us just for what he represents, but he has had 3 seasons in the prem now, which actually makes him one of the more experienced members of the first team. I have not seen any improvement in the guy's decision making or anything else to make me think he will be a success for us. We should have sold him to southampton. If a 10 million bid is put in for him nowI would bite your hand off. I would take Lamela over him at this point simply because Lamela has not had the amount of prem game time that Townsend has. He may well end up like Townsend but I see some very promising signs from him.

I want Townsend out of team in the worst way now. And you know why? I want rid of a spacegoat. And I want Chadli out of there too, and maybe even Rose. Then folks, things would get very interesting indeed in here.

I want Townsend out of team in the worst way now. And you know why? I want rid of a spacegoat. And I want Chadli out of there too, and maybe even Rose. Then folks, things would get very interesting indeed in here.
You do realise that coaches/managers chop and change players all the time? That is part of building a team. Poch has done pretty well with the playing resources at his disposal but in some key areas we need upgrades.

You seem more interested in settling scores on here than you do in supporting our club.

But he was the one removed by Poch. Look I would love Townsend to be a top player for us just for what he represents, but he has had 3 seasons in the prem now, which actually makes him one of the more experienced members of the first team. I have not seen any improvement in the guy's decision making or anything else to make me think he will be a success for us. We should have sold him to southampton. If a 10 million bid is put in for him nowI would bite your hand off. I would take Lamela over him at this point simply because Lamela has not had the amount of prem game time that Townsend has. He may well end up like Townsend but I see some very promising signs from him.

So what if he was the one removed, Poch should have removed most of that team but you're not going to make all 3 subs that early on. There was problems down that side but that wasn't solely down to Townsend, and like Neville pointed out was more to do with Fellani and the positions he was occupying which needed to be addressed by the CMs. Its not like he was at fault for any of their goals - I shudder to think what the reaction would have been had he provided an assist for Rooney a la Bentaleb...

So what if he was the one removed, Poch should have removed most of that team but you're not going to make all 3 subs that early on. There was problems down that side but that wasn't solely down to Townsend, and like Neville pointed out was more to do with Fellani and the positions he was occupying which needed to be addressed by the CMs. Its not like he was at fault for any of their goals - I shudder to think what the reaction would have been had he provided an assist for Rooney a la Bentaleb...
It would have rightly been one of extreme anger.

If a player has been one of our best all season then they have earned a bit of forgiveness when they screw up as a one-off. If a player has made a career out of giving the ball to the opposition then fans will be right to get angry when they give the ball away again.

Tbf to him in that first 30mins he barely got one pass and when he did he had two players up his arse. He was no worse than Erisksen and without having any positive impact on the game he was better than Chadli who was embarrassingly bad. Defensively he wasn't great but he did track his runner several times, we were just all over the place esp Walker. brick performance but please give some context to your rants.

Once again he was missing, how many chance are we going to give a player who has already played over 80 games for us. We all want him to become a legend for us but he is not showing any improvement.

Yeah he was missing, but so was the rest of the team. You talk as if when Townsend went off we suddenly improved but we did not, arguably we looked worse. At 3:0 Man Utd simply eased up. Did he do any worse than Bentaleb's assist for their third goal?

If a player has been one of our best all season then they have earned a bit of forgiveness when they screw up as a one-off. If a player has made a career out of giving the ball to the opposition then fans will be right to get angry when they give the ball away again.

You mean like how Bentaleb provided a carbon copy of an assist for Liverpool earlier in the season.

Yeah he was missing, but so was the rest of the team. You talk as if when Townsend went off we suddenly improved but we did not, arguably we looked worse. At 3:0 Man Utd simply eased up. Did he do any worse than Bentaleb's assist for their third goal?

Townsend has played over 80 games for us and yet there are still some talking about his potential, he has the same faults in his game that he has always had and he seems unable to do anything about them. I am not blaming Townsend for yesterdays result we were poor and as bad as I have seen this season, if I was to blame anyone it would be the manager for picking the wrong team. I support Poch but for the first time this season I believe he picked the wrong team to combat the threat of Utd.

Firstly it's not Bentalebs first time, and I wouldn't get on his back about it just like I wouldn't Townsends. The point is the whole team was GHod awful yesterday, Townsend didn't do anything of note going forward or defensively but I could name players who impacted more negatively than Townsend.

You say it's the worst 30 minutes ever? What on earth did he do so badly and so much worse than anyone else did? He barely received the ball in the attacking half because our midfielders couldn't pass at all yesterday....

Townsend has played over 80 games for us and yet there are still some talking about his potential, he has the same faults in his game that he has always had and he seems unable to do anything about them. I am not blaming Townsend for yesterdays result we were poor and as bad as I have seen this season, if I was to blame anyone it would be the manager for picking the wrong team. I support Poch but for the first time this season I believe he picked the wrong team to combat the threat of Utd.

You may well be right in saying he's not going to get a whole lot better but a fair few posters have acknowledged he's eased off taking pot-shots from outside the box of late. And he did score that beauty from inside the box the other day so credit where it's due.

But yeah, along with Lamela and Soldado he's had loads of chances without ever setting us alight so unless something dramatic happens between now and the end of the season he'll probably be joining them out the door come summer.

I think it is telling that he removed Townsend first actually. He could have removed Chadli who was also poor defensively then switched Townsend to the other side. But he didn't because Chadli offers more offensively especially goals. He could have taken off either Mason or bentaleb and replace them with Dembele but he didn't. Because those central 2 are key in moving the ball quickly. Yes they all played poorly but unfortunately Townsend offers and offered the least out of a bunch of players who were having an off day.

Townsend does neither job well.

If we wanted some pace and a defensive edge, we could play Walker in place of Townsend and have Dier at right back, with Fazio and Verts in the middle.

If we wanted a goal threat we could play a striker there like that Spanish guy and the Togo guy, can't remember their names.

Heck you could play Jamie Mackie or Bolasie or all sorts of players and get more end product at both ends.

That's a fair point but the position taken up by Townsend and Chadli too helped neither the full backs nor Kane. Fellani was taking up a position to overload our right hand side and Townsend was more often marking the space in front of him. Townsend was neither helping Kane press the Utd back three nor was he helping Walker with the gaggle of red shirtsall around him. I think Poch should have went with three in the middle and detail one of them to pick up Fellani. Chadli and Townsend could have pushed onto the utd back line and do to them what they were doing to us.

Firstly it's not Bentalebs first time, and I wouldn't get on his back about it just like I wouldn't Townsends. The point is the whole team was GHod awful yesterday, Townsend didn't do anything of note going forward or defensively but I could name players who impacted more negatively than Townsend.

You say it's the worst 30 minutes ever? What on earth did he do so badly and so much worse than anyone else did? He barely received the ball in the attacking half because our midfielders couldn't pass at all yesterday....
Like I said, there's a difference between giving the ball away being a mistake and giving the ball away because that's what you always do. The former deserves patience, the latter deserves being sold to QPR.

The reason Townsend didn't see the ball (he did have it a few times and gave it away) is because United were keeping it in the corner where he should have been defending - he wasn't there.

I think it is telling that he removed Townsend first actually. He could have removed Chadli who was also poor defensively then switched Townsend to the other side. But he didn't because Chadli offers more offensively especially goals. He could have taken off either Mason or bentaleb and replace them with Dembele but he didn't. Because those central 2 are key in moving the ball quickly. Yes they all played poorly but unfortunately Townsend offers and offered the least out of a bunch of players who were having an off day.
I don't think it was that telling that he took Townsend off. He had to address that side of the pitch and he isn't going to take off Bentaleb or Mason, certainly not Walker either who by the way was absolutely awful. The more I think about it the more I blame Poch, like Neville said tonight he should have addressed the situation a lot quicker.I never said I had a massive problem with Townsend being subbed, I had an issue with how he was singled out on here when there was at least 8 or 9 just as bad.....

I don't think it was that telling that he took Townsend off. He had to address that side of the pitch and he isn't going to take off Bentaleb or Mason, certainly not Walker either who by the way was absolutely awful. The more I think about it the more I blame Poch, like Neville said tonight he should have addressed the situation a lot quicker.I never said I had a massive problem with Townsend being subbed, I had an issue with how he was singled out on here when there was at least 8 or 9 just as bad.....
He had to address that side because only one of the two players on that side was defending. Neither were finding space to receive a pass.

Back