• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

That's a fair point but the position taken up by Townsend and Chadli too helped neither the full backs nor Kane. Fellani was taking up a position to overload our right hand side and Townsend was more often marking the space in front of him. Townsend was neither helping Kane press the Utd back three nor was he helping Walker with the gaggle of red shirtsall around him. I think Poch should have went with three in the middle and detail one of them to pick up Fellani. Chadli and Townsend could have pushed onto the utd back line and do to them what they were doing to us.
And that is where it's more Poch's fault than anyone's, as I don't believe Chadli or Townsend have ever demonstrated great defensive ability? For all Lamellas faults I think he would have been better suited for this game, but I'm not going to be too hard on Poch as hindsight is such an easy thing....

He had to address that side because only one of the two players on that side was defending. Neither were finding space to receive a pass.
Fellani was causing far more problems than their left back or left winger, that should have been addressed by Poch or the CMs themselves....

I don't think it was that telling that he took Townsend off. He had to address that side of the pitch and he isn't going to take off Bentaleb or Mason, certainly not Walker either who by the way was absolutely awful. The more I think about it the more I blame Poch, like Neville said tonight he should have addressed the situation a lot quicker.I never said I had a massive problem with Townsend being subbed, I had an issue with how he was singled out on here when there was at least 8 or 9 just as bad.....
He was singled out by me because whilst the others had poor games they can do important jobs for the team. Townsend fails to do that, he is generally wasteful going forward and offers little in defence. You posts above seem to suggest that Poch's mistake was playing Townsend in the first place, which kinds of makes my point.

DeAndre Yedlin highlighting Townsend as the player that stands out with his hard work in training:

“Andros is definitely one that’s always staying after [training], no matter whether he’s due to play or not,” he said. “He definitely has a lot of energy as well.”

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/03/26/deandre-yedlin-reveals-tottenhams-best-trainer/

Townsend has been very inconsistent and at times extremely frustrating this season. I've been surprised by the number of starts Pochettino has given him recently, and also a bit surprised that he was included in the England squad.

Can't do anything other than applaud his work rate though. Can't have been all that easy for him either, but he keeps working hard and perhaps that's what Pochettino is rewarding by giving him starts.

I have matched most of Townsend's games over the last three years and today was by light years the best he has played. Mind, he only came on for the last twenty minutes.

shockedgif.gif

Townsend always looks a threat for England, always takes on and beats his man easily and his shooting for England is lethal, both feet, from all ranges. He looks top class consistently in an England shirt, wonder why he can't seem to maintain the same consistency for Spurs.

Back