• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I bet this has been known about most of the season by the FA but they're just charging him now in the off season so he doesn't miss any games.

I bet this has been known about most of the season by the FA but they're just charging him now in the off season so he doesn't miss any games.

Except for the fact that he misses the European U21 Championship.

So he misses the entire tournament.

Last edited:
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Andros Townsend is banned from all football activity for a month for a breach of the FA betting rules.

Townsend, 21, who had voluntarily withdrew from the England Under-21 squad before the Under-21 Championship in Israel, is also fined £18,000.

£18K is no big loss to him, he backed himself getting a one month ban at 5/1

:lol:

But honestly, this seems like such an overreaction to me. It's not like he was betting on QPR or Spurs games.

Except for the fact that he misses the European U21 Championship.

So he misses the entire tournament.

If the FA cared about the u21s they wouldn't have Stuart Pearce in charge.
If Townsend missed a 6 or 7 QPR games over this then there would have been a huge outcry, so instead they're sticking it in at the end of the season.

If Townsend missed a 6 or 7 QPR games over this then there would have been a huge outcry, so instead they're sticking it in at the end of the season.

If Townsend missed 6 or 7 QPR games due to this he would be labelled an idiot. There wouldn't have been any sensible outcry. You take the chance, you take the punishment.

If the FA don't care about the U21's then it can be logically assumed that they don't care about the England side. Do you truly think that is the case? England likely care more about their youth system than any domestic side does, after all the FA can't buy players if the ones they produce don't make it.

Peace has done a good job with the U21s and is meant to be quite highly rated. If the FA cared about international football they would be insisting on all the eligible players that the manager would like to take going.

Ban seems harsh but as its over summer and part suspended not bad.
Think he could do well next season although happy to see Livermore leave.

The ban seems fair enough, glad it's during the summer.

I don't necessarily think participating in a U21 EC will do him much good compared to his experience at QPR this season. A proper rest and back for a proper pre-season might be just as good.

The ban seems fair enough, glad it's during the summer.

I don't necessarily think participating in a U21 EC will do him much good compared to his experience at QPR this season. A proper rest and back for a proper pre-season might be just as good.

I disagree, I think that tournament experience would do him the world of good. Look at the German team from this tournament four years ago and then the World Cup team from a year later.

I think this can be seen as the problem of having too much spare cash... You get bored and think 'Oh, i'll just do this and that' it then becomes a habit, hard to shift. With the money and vast amounts, it is easy to blow it off and get more and do the same, therefore, he does need help with it, and maybe taught a smart way to use money... As this money driven culture will cause addictions due to having so much money laying about!

Peace has done a good job with the U21s and is meant to be quite highly rated. If the FA cared about international football they would be insisting on all the eligible players that the manager would like to take going.

He and his entire coaching staff are dinosaurs. The football they play is horrible.

I think this can be seen as the problem of having too much spare cash... You get bored and think 'Oh, i'll just do this and that' it then becomes a habit, hard to shift. With the money and vast amounts, it is easy to blow it off and get more and do the same, therefore, he does need help with it, and maybe taught a smart way to use money... As this money driven culture will cause addictions due to having so much money laying about!

i'd would expect a proper football academy to take care of the younger pro's by tailoring other courses and routines for their days, hooking themselves up with classes to equip them with a proper education, or finding ways for them to get involved in charities or something with the fans...and surely extend this to the above 21s by way of being mentors to the younger ones etc.

From a young age money is thrown at players from all angles, whether it's wages or sponsorship funding. When someone is 17 or 18 and earning more in a month than the average man does in a year, you won't care about being responsible. Who can honestly say that if they were in the same boat as a young premiership footballer that they would be behaving like a good role model? I know I wouldn't

Isn't it unusual for a ban in months? Terry and Suarez got banned for games, Rio and Cantona (?) for months. Is it severity or an on-off pitch issue?

Anyway, the real punishment is missing the U21 tournament, from which he had withdrawn. If they had banned him for some games it would have been in next season's PL and a double punishment, so the FA seem to have it right.

Back