• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Levy can save himself a small fortune by replacing Bale with Townsend at the end of the season. Thus freeing up the majority of the 50m transfer fee for a decent striker.

Can't say I've seen him play for QPR yet but glad to hear he is doing well. I'm not one who's been completely sold by him but he seems like a good lad and premier league experience can only be good for him, even if it is for a club in a fairly odd situation.

As mentioned earlier it seems to be his decision making that seems to be an issue. Confidence can be a great thing but often it seemed like he would always try to take the world on as opposed to just moving the ball on. He is definitely talented and if he does mature I do think he can be a very useful player for us in the future.

Ironically this is what did for Bentley, an exceptionally gifted winger who was lined up to challenge Lennon but who ultimately failed solely because of poor decision making. He just never learnt when to release the ball, when to pass, when NOT to take on the extra man.

Because of their current plight and his age, OPR could prove the last-chance saloon for Andros. If he gets the chance, a couple or three game-changing performances could be the making of him, especailly if said performances help Harry's boys to avoid the drop. Likewise a couple of howlers could have the opposite impact. Failure at the West London club could mean he winds up in the Championship, success and he probably signposts his long-term future at the Lane.

Townsend is only 21, technically he doesn't really lack anything for a winger. He's got a great touch and skill and can take it past a man. What he does have that makes him stand out is that he is very comfortable going onto his right foot too. Decision making will come with experience anyway.

He doesn't seem to have the x factor for me. Looked very good for spells in the last but one QPR game. Sherwood was talking him up in a newspaper I read recently. Always looked very good in championship games. Is he another Huckerby?

You continually claim that you are prepared to give AVB a fair chance and that you want him to succeed. And yet, I can only surmise that your words are hollow and insincere.

AVB "inviting bids for Bale"? Load of fudging, agenda driven nonsense.

Firstly, I have reported your post. As I have recently been told, posts like "load of fudging nonsense" in reply are no longer being tolerated. I am allowed my opinion, just as you are yours. (and the reason for posting the fact I have reported it is because if someone reports my posts, id prefer them to tell me so that I know they had a problem with it).

Secondly, the two things are not linked. It is perfectly possible to WANT avb to succeed but keep an open mind and be critical if this is not happening. However, you have mistakenly taken my post as a negative - I didnt see the comments as a negative thing, I have taken them as a "yes we have a world star, we know he's leaving, bids start at XX million because hes 3rd best in the world". Makes sense to me if you know you cant keep a player for much longer the next best is to talk him up so much you get more teams looking and it drives the price up.

Finally, there are plenty of people that couldnt post the above to explanation to support their post. Why not challenge them ? Why only challenge a post you (wrongly) took as a dig at AVB ? your last 6 words probably answer that.

Levy can save himself a small fortune by replacing Bale with Townsend at the end of the season. Thus freeing up the majority of the 50m transfer fee for a decent striker.

He can if Townsend is good enough, but realistically if we had 50 million we'd sign a striker and someone to replace Bale. Meaning Townsend will be back at square 1 - behind someone amazing. Its what happens when the club is top 4, most people are amazing so you have to be pretty special to get a chance.

We are a little weaker at the back, but Caulker had shown much more promise that he could hit a high level for his position. Townsend will be PL standard, just how high I'm not sure.

Firstly, I have reported your post. As I have recently been told, posts like "load of fudging nonsense" in reply are no longer being tolerated. I am allowed my opinion, just as you are yours. (and the reason for posting the fact I have reported it is because if someone reports my posts, id prefer them to tell me so that I know they had a problem with it).

Secondly, the two things are not linked. It is perfectly possible to WANT avb to succeed but keep an open mind and be critical if this is not happening. However, you have mistakenly taken my post as a negative - I didnt see the comments as a negative thing, I have taken them as a "yes we have a world star, we know he's leaving, bids start at XX million because hes 3rd best in the world". Makes sense to me if you know you cant keep a player for much longer the next best is to talk him up so much you get more teams looking and it drives the price up.

Finally, there are plenty of people that couldnt post the above to explanation to support their post. Why not challenge them ? Why only challenge a post you (wrongly) took as a dig at AVB ? your last 6 words probably answer that.

Don't be so soft. No one denied you your opinion. You already expressed it.

I merely expressed my counter opinion.

There are a handful of clubs in the world that could afford Bale if we chose to sell him. They are all well aware of his talent.

AVB bigging him up isn't going to influence them at all. Nor is it going to be a negotiation tactic. Do you honestly, really, believe that some representative from Real Madrid locked in a negotiation with Daniel Levy come the summer is going to be influenced by what AVB said to the press in February?

Most of what AVB has said has been pretty much the opposite to "we know he's leaving".

Back to Townsend:

Glad to see him get game time and to see him do well. Thought he might struggle for games at QPR, but Redknapp seems to trust him. Hope he gets as many games as possible until the end of the season. Will also be interesting to see what happens come the summer, it seemed clear that we didn't want to sell him, might see another PL loan for him if he does well for QPR.

Everyone involved knows the numbers. They would've been discussed at the start of the summer, scenarios would also have been discussed, and allowances made for an increase in form and value.

Don't be so soft. No one denied you your opinion. You already expressed it.

I merely expressed my counter opinion.

It doesn't take much to get wee golfball running to the mods....
Still got my 30 points. Do those things ever get removed btw - mods?

Reported for that ?

You want us to think AVB wants to sell Bale? It's a load of fudging nonsense.

Reported for that ?

Oh believe me, I have absolutely no problem with his post at all, but I dont make the rules. BUT I have received points for calling someone a "joker" (apparently I mocked his opinion) and for laughing about someone telling me french keepers need 3 months to settle into english life (because he might shout accidentally in french). Now the mods have told me they arent just targeting me because they dont like the football opinion, so, if i get banned for those sort of things, how can I reply to someone responding "your speaking a load of fudging nonsense" - I cant as ill just get banned if I said what I really thought of the poor reply I received from him, so the next best option is to respect what the mods have asked me to do and report it so that they can enforce the rules that Ive been told are in place to stamp out that sort of behaviour. I dont agree with the rules at all, but im on someone elses forum for free so might as well respect that.

Unless a mod wants to inform me that his post was perfectly acceptable ? In which case I'll resume my blunt, direct, mocking style when I see brick posted. I dont mind either way.

Last edited:
Everyone involved knows the numbers. They would've been discussed at the start of the summer, scenarios would also have been discussed, and allowances made for an increase in form and value.

You must be furious with his recent comments though? I still have the PMs from yourself where you told me managers shouldnt speak like that about players.

And you are wrong, no one knows the numbers. Obviously any previous bids would have been met with a firm NO, therefore assuming we cant hold onto him then there is no way Levy would have given any indication as to what we want for him, obviously you dont name a price you let the offers come in and then see where you are.

So, again I think AVB is doing the clever thing - telling the press you have a player up there with Messi and Ronaldo, creating further hype in the media... but then saying you dont want to sell, we simply cant sell this world class player. He's the 3rd best player in the world and he's not for sale. Only football doesnt work like that, a world class player not at one of the major clubs is always for sale because of player power. Obviously if we really can keep him we do so, but the next best option is to get as much as possible and AVB is playing his part in looking after the clubs best interests.

Lol......

I have always thought Townsend is a bit of a headless chicken which means that he probably won't start too many games for relegation-threatened QPR, but he has an air of unpredictability about him which will make him a useful impact player. Hopefully he'll play well enough to get another loan next year to a team in a position more suited to starting inexperience players (maybe even back to QPR). He has a lot of potential.

Lol......

I have always thought Townsend is a bit of a headless chicken which means that he probably won't start too many games for relegation-threatened QPR, but he has an air of unpredictability about him which will make him a useful impact player. Hopefully he'll play well enough to get another loan next year to a team in a position more suited to starting inexperience players (maybe even back to QPR). He has a lot of potential.

Seems that you're wrong then :) Redknapp threw him straight into the side and kept him there. With experienced PL players like Park and Wright-Phillips starting on the bench or getting subbed instead of him in both games so far.

Seems that you're wrong then :) Redknapp threw him straight into the side and kept him there. With experienced PL players like Park and Wright-Phillips starting on the bench or getting subbed instead of him in both games so far.

Philips has had a few bright moments of late but really has been poor every time I have seen him play. In some ways I am not surprised Andros has ousted him.

Back