• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Levy can save himself a small fortune by replacing Bale with Townsend at the end of the season. Thus freeing up the majority of the 50m transfer fee for a decent striker.

haha

So we have 50m. You wanna spend 20m on a striker and what do we do with the rest? save it like good boys?

Townsend is a decent player with good promise.

Unless he has a complete blinder for rest of season, he potentially will see another loan next season to continue his progress.

haha

So we have 50m. You wanna spend 20m on a striker and what do we do with the rest? save it like good boys?

Nah, I think awesome dawson has a point. If we're going to lose Bale anyway*, I'd much rather have Townsend in the wings ready to come in, and spend the bulk of the money on a decent striker. We're not going to get a player the calibre of Bale, so the priority in "replacing" him will be to strengthen the areas in which we're weak. Like up front.

* A decision which is virtually out of our hands -- if Bale's head gets turned, and Real/etc. come in with a mega-bid, Levy will have little choice but to sell.

EDIT: For the record, I think Bale will give us another season if we qualify for the CL.

I think he needs a thread :D

The lad needs to be on our bench at least next season.

Bale is no longer our left sided player so this lad should be playing for us more and more.

Always rated him and always wanted him to be our youth product who made it...

About to start for QPR (Sky Sports 1).

Come on son...

Definitely agree. He has:
Pace
Technique
Flair
Delivery
A Shot

The basic requirements to become a decent winger at PL level. The consistency comes with experience. He is outshining players like SWP and Hoilett, whom a few of us wanted to sign.

If he was not at spurs we would be calling to buy him, i love the guy think he has a bright future in the game. He is always looking to get involved already scored a few goals for qpr and gets a cross in quite often. I would imagine if we hold onto bale he will now always be played in central midfield as he looks at home there.

Townsend as our left winger with perhaps another winger who can play on either side like Greizmann as a back up to him and lennon and we are ready to go. People talk about ince as an 8m player but for me townsend has done more then him already. Think we can finally get rid of bentley and also now get rid of dempsey and siggy, have townsend out left and by a back up player of quality to cover the other 3 positions.

I really like him, the one thing that stands out for me is he's aggressive at running at the defence, he constantly runs at them and commits players, he's also not afraid to shoot, which I think is a good thing, in this respect he's superior to lennon

Not a great stat for QPR. Dopey Samba conceding a penalty, thank GHod we never signed him.

a lot of people were saying he was good enough to be involved before this loan. now hes playing on motd everyone wants him involved

a lot of people were saying he was good enough to be involved before this loan. now hes playing on motd everyone wants him involved

So the majority were right!

Perhaps it was because we had Bale on the left that we didn't want a potential diamond to rot on the bench?

Reckon he will be a perma fixture int he first team next season.

Perhaps it was because we had Bale on the left that we didn't want a potential diamond to rot on the bench?

have to say i haven't really watched much of him at QPR - that's some big praise right there if you think he's gonna be a starter for us next season though . . .

_______Forward
Townsend Bale Lennon

is what i guess you are seeing?

Looks like a decent player, depends what we are going to do formation wise next season though.

It's going to get complicated.

Very promising player, the question for me is based on if QPR survives, and what our squad looks like next season.

Playing time is very important for him now, maybe worth still having him out for the first half (at least) of next season, vs. occasional games for us.

have to say i haven't really watched much of him at QPR - that's some big praise right there if you think he's gonna be a starter for us next season though . . .

_______Forward
Townsend Bale Lennon

is what i guess you are seeing?

Not necessarily first 11 but first team (I may not have made that clear - apologies)

Just as much as we see Livermore on the bench and on the pitch.

Very promising player, the question for me is based on if QPR survives, and what our squad looks like next season.

Playing time is very important for him now, maybe worth still having him out for the first half (at least) of next season, vs. occasional games for us.

I think carroll needs a loan as well a bit like how that fella Mcarthy at wigan has improved through playing so many games. But townsend i was one that thought he was good enough for us this season, shame he is english or im sure others would be calling for him to be in the team.

Also important he is a proper yid, remember that video of him singing stand by me? love the fella proper spurs.

If you mean in the first choice 11 then I think thats going a bit far. He has promise and would be good to have in the squad next year but dont see him being a permanent starter for us. Would get a decent number of games for us though across all competitions and crticially allow us to rest Lennon without being devoid of pace out wide which we are unable to do now (assuming Bale plays CF).

His main weaknesses are that he needed to get his head up more and has a tendancy to run down blind alleys. These things should be able to be coached though.

Other issue for him could be that if we switch to 4-3-3 next year, then not sure thats necessarily to his benefit as think he'd be better in a 4-4-2.

Promising player though....

Remember the blinder he had for us in the FAC 3rd round against Charlton three years back when he scored a cracker and ran them ragged all across the park. People said it was only Charlton but he was exceptional yet it's been mostly loans ever since.

As with most youngsters it can also go the other way. Had a stinker for us earlier this the season and was taken off at HT, but it now looks like he's doing the bizz at QPR.

Hope he gets a decent chance next season to break through.

I think carroll needs a loan as well a bit like how that fella Mcarthy at wigan has improved through playing so many games. But townsend i was one that thought he was good enough for us this season, shame he is english or im sure others would be calling for him to be in the team.

Also important he is a proper yid, remember that video of him singing stand by me? love the fella proper spurs.

Don't mean to thread hijack, but if Sandro returns and we get a Moutinho type player, then Carroll absolutely needs to go on loan.

Challenge is Carroll will have less options, he needs a team that tries to play football to develop in, Swansea might be a good fit.

Back