• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB article - villas-boas-making-tottenham-his-own

What I really like about the guy is his morales and ethics. He is not a sore loser, always says good things and is generally a very positive person. I think there was an instance in the Lyon game where we are heading out, just before we scored, i think it was Umtiti who nearly clashes into AVB as he slides off the pitch. It's such a small thing but AVB gives the fella a pat on the back, really sporting it would seem, despite the fact we're seemingly going out. I love that he can walk with his head held high. Really top bloke, and incredibly impressive in the way he has continuously handled himself.

There's some great stories in his biography about his behaviour towards players with personal troubles. I think one of his Academica players named a kid after him or something because of all his support through a series of miscarriages and subsequent fertility treatment.

As I was always explicit about, my big problem with Redknapp was always this matter of morals/ethics. Now I feel cleansed and can give my support wholeheartly to someone who is honourable as well as talented.

There's some great stories in his biography about his behaviour towards players with personal troubles. I think one of his Academica players named a kid after him or something because of all his support through a series of miscarriages and subsequent fertility treatment.

As I was always explicit about, my big problem with Redknapp was always this matter of morals/ethics. Now I feel cleansed and can give my support wholeheartly to someone who is honourable as well as talented.

Didn't you say once that you knew the Redknapp family. Something about some ITK ?

I think AVB's man management skills have been underrated, possibly because of the problems at Chelsea.

Seems to me that there have been fewer unhappy players this season than previously and even players that have been left out for periods seem happy with AVB.

I was very pleased at the time of the appointment, I'm even happier now.

Didn't you say once that you knew the Redknapp family. Something about some ITK ?

My cousin knows Jamie from schooldays (he was more mates with his brother, who still knocks about in Christchurch). I wouldn't call that ITK though.

I thought you gave that as an ITK source on here once, it was before I signed up here and on a previous incarnation of GG when I used to just read.

He has always behaved with class and dignity since he's been here. It's a big part of the reason I think a lot of people who hated Redknapp and the way he fluffy bunnies cuddlingd himself out to the media every 5 minutes that looked past some of the mistakes he made earlier in the season.

For me, the list of priorities goes results first, then the style of football second, then his personality and appearance third. Which is why I was getting extremely frustrated with him at the start of the season. I'm pleased to say that in the last couple of months, the tactical decisions have been consistently good and so has the football. It doesn't mean that some of the tactical disasters in the early part of the season weren't as bad as were made out at the time, but seeing as we haven't seen anything like that for a while, I'm pleased with what he's doing. This isn't about "giving it time", because I've never been critical of things like the pressing game or the high line which are what took time to implement. It was the bizarre tactical decisions like playing two defensive midfielders and a midget striker on his own up front at home to Norwich when he had Dembele and Adebayor on the bench, or taking off Huddlestone who had been causing Chelsea problems to bring on Livermore just after they scored and to hand the momentum back to them. fudge knows what's changed, maybe he's started reading this forum? Maybe he's stopped drinking the night before games? His voice certainly seems less croaky than it used to :)

Three very big games coming up for him. This is where he earns his money. Keep the players as motivated and focused as they appear to be now, and no major tactical fudge-ups in these very difficult tactical matches, and we'll have a good chance of taking points from them. And if we're still in the top 4 at the end of them, then it's likely we'll be there at the end of the season too.

He has always behaved with class and dignity since he's been here. It's a big part of the reason I think a lot of people who hated Redknapp and the way he fluffy bunnies cuddlingd himself out to the media every 5 minutes that looked past some of the mistakes he made earlier in the season.

For me, the list of priorities goes results first, then the style of football second, then his personality and appearance third. Which is why I was getting extremely frustrated with him at the start of the season. I'm pleased to say that in the last couple of months, the tactical decisions have been consistently good and so has the football. It doesn't mean that some of the tactical disasters in the early part of the season weren't as bad as were made out at the time, but seeing as we haven't seen anything like that for a while, I'm pleased with what he's doing. This isn't about "giving it time", because I've never been critical of things like the pressing game or the high line which are what took time to implement. It was the bizarre tactical decisions like playing two defensive midfielders and a midget striker on his own up front at home to Norwich when he had Dembele and Adebayor on the bench, or taking off Huddlestone who had been causing Chelsea problems to bring on Livermore just after they scored and to hand the momentum back to them. fudge knows what's changed, maybe he's started reading this forum? Maybe he's stopped drinking the night before games? His voice certainly seems less croaky than it used to :)

Three very big games coming up for him. This is where he earns his money. Keep the players as motivated and focused as they appear to be now, and no major tactical fudge-ups in these very difficult tactical matches, and we'll have a good chance of taking points from them. And if we're still in the top 4 at the end of them, then it's likely we'll be there at the end of the season too.

So you're one of those people who believes that there is obvious tactical stuff going on that you can spot that AVB and his staff can't spot?

I thought you gave that as an ITK source on here once, it was before I signed up here and on a previous incarnation of GG when I used to just read.

I might have been told to put some decent money on Arshavin signing in the Jan 09 window; but that worked out well!

So you're one of those people who believes that there is obvious tactical stuff going on that you can spot that AVB and his staff can't spot?

Of course I do. And seeing as AVB got his break in football by being a common fan that approached a successful and highly experienced manager and pointed out tactical stuff that he had spotted which the manager hadn't, I'm sure he is open to the idea that common fans sometimes spot things he doesn't too.

Wow. A honourable football person?

Actually you could be right. Time will tell when those dishonourable clubs start knocking at the door.

I'm happy with our goals against tally but not as happy about our goals scored tally.

The obvious answer is to invest in a quality striker whilst maintaining our efforts defensively. AvB can only do this with support from Levy.

Re: AVB On Reals Madrid's Short List For New Manager

I don't think he'll go to Madrid yet, but he will leave us for a bigger club in the next 2 or 3 years.
I'm hoping WE'LL be a bigger club in 2 or 3 years. If we can challenge top 3 consistently, win a couple of trophies, coupled with the new stadium, we'll be a top draw in European football.

I wanted Redknapp out after our disastrous end to last season, my first choice was always Villas Boas, think he was hard done by at Chelscum. It's so refreshing to have a manager who s not afrad to make a tactical change, what annoys me is the lack of credit in the media. We lost Modric, VDV, and King during the summer, then lost Kaboul early in the season, as well as Parker being out with a long term injury. I was worried, my early season expectations were a top 6 finish, I thought this would be tough without losing two of our most important players but we are possibly heading for the top four - a much better achievement than any of our recent managers. You don't hear Villas Boas talking about 'bare bones' or being 'injury plagued' - you only hear the positive, never the negative.

I'm happy with our goals against tally but not as happy about our goals scored tally.

The obvious answer is to invest in a quality striker whilst maintaining our efforts defensively. AvB can only do this with support from Levy.

The lack of creativity behind the striker has been at fault as much as the lack of a clinical striker though.

Was watching City/Chelsea today and i was wondering why our full backs no longer overlap our wingers. They seem to do it ever so rarely.

I first wanted him at 6.15pm on May 13th last season.
I was delighted we got him.
I am not surprised he's doing well and I think the best of yet to come!

The lack of creativity behind the striker has been at fault as much as the lack of a clinical striker though.

Was watching City/Chelsea today and i was wondering why our full backs no longer overlap our wingers. They seem to do it ever so rarely.

Kyle Walker is always overlapping. The problem is, when he gets the ball, he cuts back and passes back to Lennon or in the centre instead of running forward with the ball with momentum and getting it in the box.

Ekotto doesnt overlap, more just uses the whole left side as Bale roams.

Back