• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB article - villas-boas-making-tottenham-his-own

What took you so long? You massive wuss! Welcome! *gives wedgie, slaps on face, flushes head down toilet, bends over and spanks with paddle* .. You are now initiated.

What took you so long? You massive wuss! Welcome! *gives wedgie, slaps on face, flushes head down toilet, bends over and spanks with paddle* .. You are now initiated.

Phew thanks for that glad its over and done with.........

as my other half constantly reminds me it sometimes takes me a while to get things done.

Why dont you register and start posting she kept saying....well now I have.... plus there is more chance of having a decent spurs debate with you guys rather than my spurs supporting mates who best debate so far has been whether Bale looks more like a monkey or a gorilla.

Thanks for the hard but necessary initiation.

as my other half constantly reminds me it sometimes takes me a while to get things done.

Why dont you register and start posting she kept saying....well now I have.... plus there is more chance of having a decent spurs debate with you guys rather than my spurs supporting mates who best debate so far has been whether Bale looks more like a monkey or a gorilla.

I'd like to throw a chimp into the ring.

Get him to sign up too, we've been looking for someone to start a thread on that for ages

I'm amazed at all these people singing AVB's praises. If I remember rightly we were the only 2 wanting Harry out and AVB in. Baffling to read some of the backtracking flimflam now.

Woah there, I and quite a few others had AVB down as our number one choice to replace Redknapp.

Personally though, I have a huge amount of respect for people who are willing to change their opinions, there are far too many journalists and fans who take on a view which they refuse to change regardless of any evidence put in front of them.

Woah there, I and quite a few others had AVB down as our number one choice to replace Redknapp.

Personally though, I have a huge amount of respect for people who are willing to change their opinions, there are far too many journalists and fans who take on a view which they refuse to change regardless of any evidence put in front of them.

Yes, AVB was a fairly popular choice at the time. There was a minority that was quite vocal about disliking him, but the debates were going because most people were positive I believe. It was also quite clear from all the brick aimed at the media early days when they were sniping at AVB.

I agree that changing your opinion based on new evidence is something to be respected, not something to be scuffed at.

All 342 glorious pages of discussion on Harry leaving and who his replacement should be can be found in Classics for those that way inclined, but you could start in the 'AVB sacked at Cheatski' thread: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?805-O-T-AVB-Sacked-by-Cheatski&p=42909&viewfull=1#post42909

I suggest we get one of our beloved mods to read through that and provide us with a brief, informative summary of what people were saying. Shouldn't take more than a couple of days?

How about a poll deciding on which mod will get this, I'm sure much coveted, job? ;)

Or perhaps a contest, the mod that racks up the least infraction post in the coming week gets the job...

I can't remember the statistic, but read sometime in the last week how Spurs haven't given up a late goal in quite some time (maybe as far back as the Everton loss), while obviously scoring quite a few late goals. That is a marked contrast with the painful beginning of the season.

And I remember at the time reading how AVB and crew had concocted some training exercises specifically to keep the team mentally focused and concentrating even when tired late in games. That, coupled with an apparent increase in player fitness and smart substitutions really seems to have an impact, and I fully credit AVB and his staff for that. May it continue.

Not conceded a goal beyond 60 minutes since the game against Everton

That's a lot of Ames where we have not conceded late

Compare that with the goals we above scored in that time zone 60-90+ and you can see a corner has been turned although it may not last for ever

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but AVB has won the Premier League Manager of The Month for Feb

As I stated earlier even last season when he was at chelsea i felt a kind of strange curiosity about him...when he was getting pelters I was half hoping he would turn it around and then I kept telling myself he manages chelsea. what sticks in my mind is the image of him walking off the pitch after the away defeat to Napoli......again for some unknown reason I felt for the guy......

Well I have not long signed up for this forum and I will admit that I had worries/doubts - should have stopped listening to durham on talksport ages ago.

Even if we dont finish where we want in the league and come up short in the europa I really want to give this lad time and see if he can improve us over the coming years - barring some disaster run like Ramos but i dont think that will happen.

AVB comes across as such a warm and positve person whats not to like about the guy.... he is our boss and is doing his best to prove that he is worth our backing.

My head and my heart tell me we are on to a winner with this guy....impossible to tell the future but I hope its a succesful (trophy winning) one with AVB at the helm.

Just reading my son's copy of Hotspur that arrived in the post this morning whilst allegedly working from home... Michael Dawson said the following about AVB's approach:- "From the first day he walked in he has been great to work with - and I said this even when I wasn't playing. He was honest enough with me to say it would be hard for me to get minutes on the pitch and that it was up to me. He has been great with me, we have a good relationship and, with me being Club Captain, we do speak on a regualr basis"

I don't see any evidence of dressing room dissent towards AVB that was alluded to by the Fleet Street Harry Mongers there!

AVB is interesting, and to some extent I'm a fan (although I greatly enjoyed the Harry era).

Success for AVB and Spurs (the win/win if you like) for me depends on tenure. We have appointed a young, upcoming manager/coach who still has a bit to learn and prove. An individual with a style and system that will take time and player investment to truly pay off.

In my view, the club must be sure AVB is committed to Spurs, if he won the Europa and qualified for CL but left at the end of next season, it's too much disruption for the payback. If he spends the next 5 years with us (and wins a trophy or two along with CL participation), that's success.

Personally though, I have a huge amount of respect for people who are willing to change their opinions, there are far too many journalists and fans who take on a view which they refuse to change regardless of any evidence put in front of them

I agree with this.
There have been some people I was 'debating' with earlier in the season who have come around, and I absolutely agree, it's healthy. I've been wrong before, especially with a couple of players from our past, and it's always nice to be proven wrong because it means the club are winning!

Indeed. =D>

I agree with this.
There have been some people I was 'debating' with earlier in the season who have come around, and I absolutely agree, it's healthy. I've been wrong before, especially with a couple of players from our past, and it's always nice to be proven wrong because it means the club are winning!

I love being wrong about people and proved wrong.. Some strange reason it makes me feel alive. Odd I know

I love being wrong about people and proved wrong.. Some strange reason it makes me feel alive. Odd I know

No, it's progressive. I always love a moment, in life, when I realize I have learnt something new. It's liberating. And with regards to being wrong about people, that IS life-affirming and somewhat optimistic. No mate, I agree...

It is odd but very commendable.

I don't really care if I am wrong about anything and if evidence or facts are given that I am wrong then I am more than willing to change my mind eg Defoe.

Some here take a position and will defend it ad nauseam.

I hold my hands up after the Norwich result at home I was really questioning the appointment. I know it was only the third game in charge but the pressure was already building from the brainless Spurs fans (every club has them) who wanted instant success and Barcelona football.

Also the press couldn't wait to stick the knife in AVB again (I still think a lot of them are waiting for AVB to mess it up and its really annoying them that he's started to prove them wrong). I couldnt see how it was going to work, this is where I have said it numerous times Levy & the board have to take so much credit they took a gamble I wouldnt off and its looking like a very good move.

Back