• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

OK, so what about the quotes by him before he was sold where he said he was happy at Spurs, his family were settled in England and that he was going nowhwere? Or do you think he was lying when he said that? And if he was lying when he said that what makes you so sure he was lying them but telling the truth for a quote that suits your perception of the situation?

How about both being true, but in the end he felt going to Germany would be the best choice for him and his family?

How about both being true, but in the end he felt going to Germany would be the best choice for him and his family?

I think he wasn't adverse to going back to Germany. But nor was he adverse to staying at Spurs. So ultimately it was the club's decision to part with him, which is obvious because he was under contract. Therefore the decision to let VDV go rests more with the club than the player.

Maybe but we'll never know for sure so we'll all have our opinions right? i mean nobody can prove either way 100% so in reality why does it matter so much? nobody has any evidence beyond reasonable doubt one way or the other so it's pretty much guess work.

always a joint decision innit. huddlestone and dawson refused to go and succeeded.

Not entirely sure about that one.

I thought Huddlestone at first struggled with a medical at Stoke, we could have pushed the deal through if we wanted to, but because we didn't get Moutinho or someone else in he was kept around. Think the deal would have happened had we signed someone else.

Somewhat similarly I thought Dawson was kept around because Kaboul picked up his long term injury.

I think Hudd had issues with his medical and Dawson became cover in the last minute

I'm 99% certain however they won't be here next season - pretty much guaranteed

I think Hudd had issues with his medical and Dawson became cover in the last minute

I'm 99% certain however they won't be here next season - pretty much guaranteed

agree about Hudd, he's getting his chance due to the thinness of the squad, i'm not sure he can work in AVB's system

I can see Daws sticking around though, Gallas will almost certainly retire and we'll need reliable cover for whoever is first choice next season

This post doesn't surprise me with you being a Redknapp hater an all.

Isn't it funny how all the people who disliked Redknapp are being ultra patient and defensive about AVB?

The last bit just isn't true. People have only been on his back after bad performances. He got a very good reception at the first home game (WBA)

Just as funny is the Redknapp lovers who can not wait to bash AVB.

Whatever the background to the VDV move, letting him leave was a mistake by the club in my opinion. Players of that calibre don't come along that often so we should have done everything in our power to keep him at the club.

Whatever the background to the VDV move, letting him leave was a mistake by the club in my opinion. Players of that calibre don't come along that often so we should have done everything in our power to keep him at the club.

This pretty much sums it up. We made Modric stay another season and if it wasn't for Chelsea luck it would have paid off. And Modric really wanted to leave. I don't believe VDV was adverse to staying or going, but if we had simply said he isn't for sale then he would have happily stayed. I do believe it was a mistake letting him go, but I also understand why AVB wouldn't feel he would fit in and I have full faith in AVB.

Yes, mate - that's the one

She tweeted later on that day to say 'Thanks for the memories but we must go home now'

He also said 'My kid was born in Germany, my wife works in Germany, our nan is German, I played in Germany - I'm practially German'

I have no idea why so many choose to ingore these direct comments from Rafa and Syvie themselves but opt for the PR-censored SSN interviews from 'coaches'

Just another stick to bash AVB with thats why, VDV wanted to take his family back to line in Germany and the club let him. Those that refuse to believe that do so for their own reasons.

Back