• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Barr stands as much chance of keeping his job, once Harris sets foot in the White House, as he does of losing his five chins over Xmas. Good riddance to a key trump enabler.

None of the current court cases have any merit and are being dismissed out of hand.

As I understand it they can’t change the method of picking electors after the election has taken place. Only if the result is unclear or a choice was not made (whatever that means) can the state legislators go down this route. As there is no ambiguity with the result anywhere their act would be unconstitutional.
This would wind up in the supreme court, which is obviously Trump's plan, and they would have to rule against a clear election result. And this would need to happen in three states probably. If it got this far the supreme court would be delegitimised, the electoral college not fit for purpose, and the republic would basically be gone. Riots and general nastiness all around henceforth.
With faithless electors, the state doesn't have to do anything except replace them. In theory, a state determined to return a Republican vote could just continue to replace them with other electors who have already agreed to act faithlessly.

As for the Supreme Court, I don't think they'll break down the whole institution for Trump. But they might.

With faithless electors, the state doesn't have to do anything except replace them. In theory, a state determined to return a Republican vote could just continue to replace them with other electors who have already agreed to act faithlessly.

As for the Supreme Court, I don't think they'll break down the whole institution for Trump. But they might.
I read the ploy would be more likely that they appoint a separate slate of electors rather and churning over the current set. Anyway, hopefully, it won't come to any of that.

I read the ploy would be more likely that they appoint a separate slate of electors rather and churning over the current set. Anyway, hopefully, it won't come to any of that.
Hopefully it won't. But if a state is republican run and determined for Trump to win, they could in theory keep putting up electors that will continue to put their votes to Trump.

Unheard of behaviour in the US election. At this point, all defeated candidates show humility to democracy and get behind the peoples choice. Not Trump! It's fitting and funny. You thought the Four Seasons press conference was a wonderful last debacle. Not so, Trump is the president that keeps on entertaining us all.

What I think is going on, is a kind of fuked up feedback loop. Trump acts the spoilt kid he is, instead of keeping it to himself, he cries foul on twitter. Then...he starts to believe his own bulshi1! Like a kid who convinces himself his own lie is fact. It is as though once Trump sees it on Twitter being read by millions - it is real. His constructs become reality. And to be fair they do. In the minds of a sizable number of dumb Americans the pap becomes truth. Reality is what you make it in this Trump-socialmedia-popularist refraction.

Last edited:
A thought just occurred to me.

Could Trump be stirring up as much brick and being as much of a pain in the arse as he can as the beginning of negotiating a pardon?

The law seems reasonably solid that he can pardon himself, but it's not settled. If Biden wants a smooth transition and the ability to hit the ground running, he may need to trade a pardon for it.

A thought just occurred to me.

Could Trump be stirring up as much brick and being as much of a pain in the arse as he can as the beginning of negotiating a pardon?

The law seems reasonably solid that he can pardon himself, but it's not settled. If Biden wants a smooth transition and the ability to hit the ground running, he may need to trade a pardon for it.

I think it’s Pelosi and the taxman who he should be more worried about. Let alone the FBI if Maxwell spills the Epstein beans.

I think it’s Pelosi and the taxman who he should be more worried about. Let alone the FBI if Maxwell spills the Epstein beans.
Biden can pardon him in advance though, as long as he admits guilt. The presidential pardon is absolute in that sense.

Trump may find issue in state courts, although I don't think I've ever heard of states going against clear presidential will in that manner.

Back