• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I agree. Moderate voters in the UK and the US have had little to choose from lately with Corbyn/Sanders and Farage/Trump pushing out to the extremes of their electorates.

Hopefully Starmer and Biden (Harris) represent a return to more normal times.

They will do but others will come again because a lot of people don't want a return to so called normal times. Seems to be a feeling that you can just rewind the clock back 10 years and everyone will be happy clappy but the reasons these people became popular have been decades in the making.

What in the same way that the Republicans were in 2016? Biden's victory is going to be of a greater margin by every metric.

given he is the worst president in years, ever?

you would expect a larger margin

they also don’t have the senate.

given he is the worst president in years, ever?

you would expect a larger margin

they also don’t have the senate.
If they haven't managed to get a majority in the senate that's a significant fail.

Won't be able to add any SC justices without that.

Are they each just stringing things out so they are not the one who make the decisive numbers to give Biden victory, or does it really take this long to count votes!?
I heard on CNN that the last votes to be counted, are votes that have previously been set aside because there are various issues with them, like unclear writing or postage date, so they need further scrutiny to be classed as valid or discarded. That obviously takes more time.

If they haven't managed to get a majority in the senate that's a significant fail.

Won't be able to add any SC justices without that.

They'll have one more pop at it in January with the Georgia senate runoffs. That will net them 50 senate seats if they win both races.

Given the state of trump, it’s not really a landslide is it?

I would be worried if I was the dems
Worried? They have just pulled in the most votes ever in a presidential election with a bloke who looks like he should be in a care home. They have flipped the Blue wall. They have won some previously safe republican seats. America is divided sure but worried? Get out of here. Were you saying that to Trump 4 years ago? Someone said earlier in this thread, when the left win, it’s always they could have done better. When the right win it because the left don’t listen. Always the left’s fault.

They'll have one more pop at it in January with the Georgia senate runoffs. That will net them 50 senate seats if they win both races.
They're going to need both seats.

Any Republicans that didn't like Trump will be back in the fold by then - winning both is a tough ask.

Back