• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American high school

Maybe this is asking the wrong generation...but did you ever have fear going to school and being shot?

It's been touched on by Cleveland, the jocks are enabled by their schools and seem to be able to do what they please. This also seems to be the case in college and also in pro sports. I remember once I wasn't allowed to play in a school cup game because of a detention, it was a flimflam detention too, not a serious one at all. The PE teacher tried to get me out of it, but to no avail. I'm guessing if you are in a sports team in high school, the rules are a little bit different for you. Must create some serious resentment amongst the non athletes.

I was always in the school football team and you got a certain amount of respect and street cred for being in the team, but you weren't anywhere near as famous to the extent were everyone in the town knows who you are as is the case in high school sports in the U.S.

It's been touched on by Cleveland, the jocks are enabled by their schools and seem to be able to do what they please. This also seems to be the case in college and also in pro sports. I remember once I wasn't allowed to play in a school cup game because of a detention, it was a flimflam detention too, not a serious one at all. The PE teacher tried to get me out of it, but to no avail. I'm guessing if you are in a sports team in high school, the rules are a little bit different for you. Must create some serious resentment amongst the non athletes.

I was always in the school football team and you got a certain amount of respect and street cred for being in the team, but you weren't anywhere near as famous to the extent were everyone in the town knows who you are as is the case in high school sports in the U.S.

You, my friend, have clearly never seen High School Musical, when the basketball coach has to argue with the other woman in the Principal's office to get his players out of detention, to no avail.

Do the jocks all wear jackets with the school letter on them?

And whats with the jocks (underwear) anyway. Where's the fabric around the arse?

Maybe this is asking the wrong generation...but did you ever have fear going to school and being shot?

I did not, showing my age but I am 31, and this is a somewhat recent tragic development. The first one I can remember was Columbine and that was in 1999 my first year I was away at university. It really did hit home though as I mentioned earlier their school layout as well as demographic was identical to my high school and the facts the jocks were targeted really did hit home as you automatically think wow that could have been me.

As Jurgen touched on earlier post it is easy to see how animosity can be built up from kids who feel they are being treated as inferior to others and there is a lot of bullying. If you are different in any way from what is considered "normal" chances are you will get picked on by some. That is not only in American high school though that is a society problem in USA and many other places. I just think it gets magnified in high school as there really is no escaping it unless you drop out or move schools.

Back