• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Always getting let down by our players!

I wouldn't go that far. Incompetent ref's yes, cheating? no.

Hoy when stoke are concerned. And not just against Spurs, there were three games two seasons ago where he made consistent poor decisions in favour of stoke.

Should never be allowed to ref a stoke game at home again, there are far too many other combinations.

Funny how over the years how We have been let down by players. on each occasion I have convinced myself that the player in question would stay because part of them loved playing for Spurs. Everytime I have been let down....getting pretty bored with it all, maybe its my age or different priorities in life but Im sick of wasting my energy on them! The look on my sons face(8years old) when he just saw their flimflam news about Bale nearly broke my heart!

Greedy Bastards every one of them

campbell, Klinsmann, Sheringham, Berbatov, Keane, Modric and now the one I truely believed in.

whats the point??

Sheringham and Campbell hurt the most for me. The others I knew were not Spurs men and didn't truly care about the club. Campbell I thought did, and that was distressing. Sheringham is a Spurs man through and through and he would have stayed had it not been for Sugar and had we demonstrated some ambition. Even then he was 32 years old when he left and his last season during his first stint at the club had been injury plagued and he had hardly been on great form either.

Football has changed since the 70's. Local lads no longer play for their teams. The influx of foreign players, in all leagues, has weakened the bond between fans and players, and players and clubs. I have major issues when a single Londoner doesn't play for Spurs, let alone if the entire team was made up of non-British players. It ceases to become Tottenham at that point.

Hoddle is Spurs through and through but even he wanted to leave in his late 20's due to lack of European football and because he wanted a new adventure. I don't blame players for wanting to move on, and never have done. I blame them if they act like Berbatov, Campbell or Modric, but players like Carrick and Keane I have zero malice against as I understand that Spurs is not the most competitive club in the world and players want to win things.

Us fans have double standards too. We are more than happy to ditch a player who has been a good servant to the club the moment they are deemed past it or a better player comes along (Defoe, Parker and Dawson spring to mind) and yet we go nuts at players who do the same to Spurs when a bigger and more competitive club desires them.

I don't want Bale to go. I felt last season we weren't that good despite our total points haul, and Bale single handedly papered over many obvious cracks. But I don't begrudge him wanting to go and as long as he remains professional then I would hold no malice towards him if he did leave.

There is no loyalty in football any more surely?

Chairmen have no problem moving on crap managers. Good managers and players have no problems moving on to better teams. And fans are always looking for ways to replace players in the team/ squad, even if they've been there for a while.

And this is especially a consequence of being a club of our size. We're ambitious as well and so have a relatively high turnover of players. Most players we buy either 'outgrow us' and go somewhere where they can win regular trophies or are too crap, in which case we move them on. There are few players in the squad like Daws or Lennon (both players we're ready to move on if someone comes along who's better I'm sure) who have grown with the club and have always stayed at around our level.

I don't feel let down by it. Probably the worst thing for me has been being a season out in my predictions of when all these players would agitate for a move. I didn't imagine Carrick would leave when he did and I thought both Modric and Bale would spend one more season before openly agitating for a move.

Funny how over the years how We have been let down by players. on each occasion I have convinced myself that the player in question would stay because part of them loved playing for Spurs. Everytime I have been let down....getting pretty bored with it all, maybe its my age or different priorities in life but Im sick of wasting my energy on them! The look on my sons face(8years old) when he just saw their flimflam news about Bale nearly broke my heart!

campbell, Klinsmann, Sheringham, Berbatov, Keane, Modric and now the one I truely believed in.

whats the point??

If I were Bale, and Madrid wanted me I'd qant to go too. Look at it from the players perspective. When it comes to retirement they want to look back and remember winning trophies at the highest level. Compare that to Matt Le Tisser or Ledley King. Could have won medals but stayed loyal. What have they got to show for it?

Bake will never play in the world cup so IMO will way to be playing at the highest level which isn't with us.

Almost every club in the world could have this thread and if they didn't we wouldn't have the amazing players we do. Dawson with Forest wasn't loyal or Lennon. Southampton must be even more bitter about Bale than we are.

If I were Bale, and Madrid wanted me I'd qant to go too. Look at it from the players perspective. When it comes to retirement they want to look back and remember winning trophies at the highest level. Compare that to Matt Le Tisser or Ledley King. Could have won medals but stayed loyal. What have they got to show for it?

Bake will never play in the world cup so IMO will way to be playing at the highest level which isn't with us.

Bale isn't going to Madrid to win trophies. He going there because he has a hard on for the club and wants to be the latest superstar galactico.
Madrid have won 1 league title and 1 cup in the last 5 seasons. And they don't exactly look to be building a 'team' there.

Almost every club in the world could have this thread and if they didn't we wouldn't have the amazing players we do. Dawson with Forest wasn't loyal or Lennon. Southampton must be even more bitter about Bale than we are.

Er, Forest sold Daws along with fatty Reid because they needed the money quick time.
Pretty much the same with Lennon from Leeds. Both clubs in financial trouble. We didn't poach as such.

The hypocrisy in these kinds of threads is astounding.

How much loyalty did we show to Crouch a couple years ago? How about Defoe when we sold him to Portsmouth? How about Caulker just yesterday?

Loyalty is a two way street. Clubs show absolutely no loyalty to players who aren't at the required level, why should any player be loyal to a club when in a couple years down the line they could be tossed on the scrap heap themselves?

Ive been supporting the club for 35 years, players will come and go, heroes, favs, world class players and you not what the one constant is, the club is still here and still will be even if Bale decides to leave us

The attitude of a man who knows whats important.

Nice one. agreed totally. Until tottenham is taken over by a bunch a racist paedophiles or something thats just utterly wrong, people that eat brown rice for instance, i am here for good

The attitude of a man who knows whats important.

Nice one. agreed totally. Until tottenham is taken over by a bunch a racist paedophiles or something thats just utterly wrong, people that eat brown rice for instance, i am here for good

Riceist. [-(

whats the point??

I can understand how you feel. My 9-year old nephew only started to follow Spurs a few months ago and is a big Bale fan. He even bought a Spurs shirt with Bale's name on it. When I told him Bale might leave Spurs, he was so disappointed and angry. But he still believes Bale will stay at Spurs. Just imagine how much disappointment it will cause to kids like him if Bale does leaves Spurs.

There is no royalty in football nowadays. Players are easily overcome by greed now. I know the club is bigger than any players but still it is hard to accept when a favourite player want to join another club. I think the least Bale could do for Spurs is stay for 1 more year and see what we achieve under AVB.

It always seems like a 1 step forward, 2 step backward for Spurs. Everytime we feel like achieving something, there is always a key player leaving for other clubs, badly affecting the team.

Every season that goes by I lose a little bit more love for Spurs and football in general. I'm not sure if it is because I'm getting older and I'm no longer a kid or the fact there are more important things in life like family, health etc.

Football has not been the same since early 90's really when I enjoyed it. Nowadays there is so much hate between fans and greed amongst clubs and players and no loyalty.

I've been a season ticket for 18 years now and say ill never give it up but I actually think one day I will.

Football is too predictable now, the best players end up going to the best clubs, it gets more and more expensive every year and at the end of the day it's just 22 men kicking a pigs bladder around on some turf and trying to get it into a net. Wooooooo.

I think it's all about individual sports so that's why I'm taking up golf so I can enjoy something. I've pretty much given up playing football as that's full of pricks so maybe it's time to give up on watching and supporting football as you are right we always seem to be let down by the players...and club as it seems.

Every season that goes by I lose a little bit more love for Spurs and football in general. I'm not sure if it is because I'm getting older and I'm no longer a kid or the fact there are more important things in life like family, health etc.

Football has not been the same since early 90's really when I enjoyed it. Nowadays there is so much hate between fans and greed amongst clubs and players and no loyalty.

I've been a season ticket for 18 years now and say ill never give it up but I actually think one day I will.

Football is too predictable now, the best players end up going to the best clubs, it gets more and more expensive every year and at the end of the day it's just 22 men kicking a pigs bladder around on some turf and trying to get it into a net. Wooooooo.

I think it's all about individual sports so that's why I'm taking up golf so I can enjoy something. I've pretty much given up playing football as that's full of pricks so maybe it's time to give up on watching and supporting football as you are right we always seem to be let down by the players...and club as it seems.

I'm very much on this boat. Honestly, it was the CL final last year when Chelsea beat Bayern that did it for me, I haven't felt the same about football since then. A club like Spurs just can't compete, even when we secure 4th a team like Chelsea can take it away with their money.

I don't blame players for wanting to further their own ambitions. Bale is one of the best in the world and he's only had a single season in the Champions League, that's not good enough for a player of his calibre.

If one is to bemoan players for their lack of loyalty, then you must do the same for the clubs. We dump players who aren't in keeping with our ambitions without hesitation, there's no reason to expect players not to do the same with clubs.

Be it lack of investment, lack of ambition or just bad luck, we haven't shown enough to warrant keeping players like Modric, Bale etc... They have ambitions and we can't fulfil them, just as Crouch and Gomes couldn't fulfil our ambitions.

The only part that disappoints me is the unfair playing field between clubs. Of course it can never be equal, teams like United, Madrid and Barcelona are worldwide brands with revenues we can't compete with and that's just life, but it's the Man Citys and Chelseas of this world that are destroying my love for the game and sucking all joy out of it.

not sure about you guys but i'm in it for the football.
the club thing is just for added human drama and continuity through the years.
otherwise i appreciate all kinds of good football even arsenal and Man c....with caveats

see, getting let down by players - that's not the fault of the players... manage your perspective and expectations!

Dont think Bale has let us down us at all. He's given us some amazing memories, and if he wants to become one of the greats he would have to go to a club of Real's ilk. I don't begrudge him of this move at all....

I agree

Look if he comes out and says publicly "I wanna leave" he would be the devil

If he came out and said "I wanna stay" and then left he would be the devil.

I think he is doing the right thing, working in private to sort out his future, actually allowing the club to get the best deal by not handing in public transfer requests and no doubt he will make a release, once sold saying "thanks for the memories"

Good luck to the lad is what I say, I take pride in the fact we were part of the makeup that made a player into a world record transfer going to the biggest club in the world.

I also take pride in the fact we as a club are at a level where we can spend 30m on players from BIG clubs like Valencia or go and buy one of the players of the tournament at the Confederations Cup....always positives to every deal and summer......Its not just Madrid that use clubs as their organ doners, we do exactly the same

Back