• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Always getting let down by our players!

Archieboy

Paolo Tramezzani
Funny how over the years how We have been let down by players. on each occasion I have convinced myself that the player in question would stay because part of them loved playing for Spurs. Everytime I have been let down....getting pretty bored with it all, maybe its my age or different priorities in life but Im sick of wasting my energy on them! The look on my sons face(8years old) when he just saw their flimflam news about Bale nearly broke my heart!

Greedy Bastards every one of them

campbell, Klinsmann, Sheringham, Berbatov, Keane, Modric and now the one I truely believed in.

whats the point??

We support the club, feck the players, Bale will be gone in 10 years the club will continue, for me when players leave us they are dead the minute they walk out the door, the Stevies,
Glen's, Gary's and Ledleys are few and far between that's why they are Legends.

Ive been supporting the club for 35 years, players will come and go, heroes, favs, world class players and you not what the one constant is, the club is still here and still will be even if Bale decides to leave us

I See the point you are making but unfortunately its part and parcel of modern football where the players have all the power. Ever since Campbell did the dirty on us after all his lies I have resigned myself to us losing our best players unless we manage to fight for the title, and even then you cant stop Real Madrid it seems. After all Man Yoo sold Ronaldo. So its going to happen if the biggest teams want your players.

The best thing we can do, is use the money wisely. Hoover up other teams best players and become a better side with more talent all around the pitch and not just in one position. I firmly beleive we could re-invest that Bale money and become a better side. As much as I like Bale I think he has some deficiencies that are papered over with the way he can finish from all over the pitch. Barca just bought Neymar for 53m and we are looking at getting double that for Bale. That says a lot.

It started ages ago anyway. Waddle then Gazza etc

Dont think Bale has let us down us at all. He's given us some amazing memories, and if he wants to become one of the greats he would have to go to a club of Real's ilk. I don't begrudge him of this move at all....

Every player in our squad would swap Spurs for Real given the chance. That's the reality of modern football.. dont take it personally.

Is it only the good players that should show loyalty? If a player goes through a bad patch the fans want them out the club whether they've been there 5 minutes or 5 years.

i wouldn't feel let down if Bale moves to Real tbh

I was just going to ask if people feel Bale has handled this poorly? Admittedly it's an almost impossible situation for Bale, but is he really "injured"? I know it was only a pointless friendly, but I always go back to Nasri. He managed to play the first two games of the season for scum before going to Emirates Marketing Project. He actually looked up for it too.

I do not support the club because of the players, i like it when we have good ones or hardworking ones but it does not make much difference to me.

Think one way of combating this problem would be to try and bring through a core of home grown players at the same time who had some emotion invested in the club. I hd hoped we were doing that with caulker, townsend and carroll but i do not get the feeling we are that concerned with it anymore.

Those really aren’t the players you should be following if you want to see genuine loyalty to the club. I never expected Bale to end his career here, but I did hope he would spend at least one more year here so we could try to send him off with a medal of some kind. But no, I was apparently let down in that case, and part of me now won’t feel the same about Bale if he stays. But that’s player power, and that’s the cost of being a second-tier club in an increasingly capitalistic game. Money buys trophies, and money and trophies buy loyalty, and that won’t change anytime soon.

But just because the likes of Modric and now (apparently) Bale want to dump us for somewhere else doesn’t mean we can’t still love players that do genuinely love playing for the club. It’s just that these players tend to be less noticed than some of the other guys on the team. For example, Daws: he’s our club captain, been here nine years and says he wants to finish his career at the club. When we transfer listed him, he turned down higher wages offered by the likes of QPR to fight his way back into the side. He gives 100 percent in every game, plays with a smile and goes over to pump up the fans on a regular basis in games. And, like he himself says, he genuinely loves the club.

This guy still does love playing for Spurs. The same can be said for Assou-Ekotto (’what mercenary stays for eight years?’) and to a lesser extent Sandro. While that bond of trust between fans and players may have been broken forevermore (thanks to the commercialization of the game and the Bosman ruling, plus teams shipping out their unwanted players without a second glance while imploring their main guys to stay), players like that still warm your heart every now and then, and are the ones you should look to for loyalty. Most of the rest, you should just look for good performances.

I See the point you are making but unfortunately its part and parcel of modern football where the players have all the power. Ever since Campbell did the dirty on us after all his lies I have resigned myself to us losing our best players unless we manage to fight for the title, and even then you cant stop Real Madrid it seems. After all Man Yoo sold Ronaldo. So its going to happen if the biggest teams want your players.

The best thing we can do, is use the money wisely. Hoover up other teams best players and become a better side with more talent all around the pitch and not just in one position. I firmly beleive we could re-invest that Bale money and become a better side. As much as I like Bale I think he has some deficiencies that are papered over with the way he can finish from all over the pitch. Barca just bought Neymar for 53m and we are looking at getting double that for Bale. That says a lot.

It started ages ago anyway. Waddle then Gazza etc

But without Bale we lack the surprise factor of a world-class player. That is what wins you games on a consistent basis, that is how the big teams scrape out a win when they really shouldn't have (Cazorla/Arsenal last year). That's also how we got our record points haul last year...

I was just going to ask if people feel Bale has handled this poorly? Admittedly it's an almost impossible situation for Bale, but is he really "injured"? I know it was only a pointless friendly, but I always go back to Nasri. He managed to play the first two games of the season for scum before going to Emirates Marketing Project. He actually looked up for it too.

i think jumping to any conclusion based on the injury would be foolish tbh mate - especially when you're talking about something like thinking Bale has fudged us over (by faking an injury)

the club may have pulled him out, he may have been injured any number of possibilities really and it would be very cynical to draw that particular conclusion with the lack of evidence, imv

Cant help but feel let down, maybe its where my heads at 2 days after a couple of days on the drink. Part of me still thinks Bale will come out and declare his commitment to us, total sucker when it comes to Spurs!

I dont know how players and agents operate but as far as im concerned if I was a player unless an agent is negotiating that agent should do everything that I dictate to him. If these rumours and stories etc were led by Barnett himself then Bale must have had a say in that. Bale is a grown man he has to take fudgein control. As far as im concerned he certainly has and actually fairly petulent.

The thing is he will fail at RM but not because he isnt good enough but mentally he isnt there (my viewpoint based on these last few weeks)

as an aside - how enforceable would a rule stating that if you go on strike, in say the manner Berbatov did, as a player you cannot play professional football for X amount of seasons?

Can't blame Bale. Madrid is one of the biggest clubs in the world, who wouldn't want to join them?
This is down to Levy. Bale has 3 years left on his contract. We should keep him and give it a real good go this season and then still be able to command a huge fee next summer.
All well and good saying players come and go but the club remains, but it's not a club anymore unfortunately, it's a business.

Who wanted us to show Bale 'loyalty' when we had never won a game with him in the team? Who wants us to show Defoe 'loyalty' by pulling out of the Soldado deal in order to give him more playing time?

Back