• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All Hail Martin O'Neill - King of Anti-football

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
To think I once hoped he'd be next Spurs manager. Today's grotesque display by Sunderland ranks as probably the most nihilistic I have seen - ever.

fudge off MO'N!

We need to get over it imo, we should be able to break such teams down. Its how you become successful.

I have no problem with teams play for a point when they're up against a superior team. I also have no problem with Tony Pulis' Stoke team playing long ball

However what isnt nice to see is a team which are just out to kick lumps out of the opposition. Its very possible to be tough and resilient without fouling continually. Sunderland today were deplorable

It says much that away teams now setup to get a draw against us.

They did what they felt they had to, however I'm glad people are noticing MON is a dreadful, boring, anti-football type manager that spends a lot of money to be in the same category as a Fat Sam.

I wouldn't want him as manager of Spurs.

But there's no denying that he's done a good job since taking over from Bruce.

There's nothing in the rule book which says that teams have to allow each other the freedom to express themselves. If O'Neill set his team up essentially to get a point (and maybe hope to snatch a win), then it was up to us to counter that tactic. We failed to do so.

Our fault. Not O'Neill's.

To think I once hoped he'd be next Spurs manager. Today's grotesque display by Sunderland ranks as probably the most nihilistic I have seen - ever.

fudge off MO'N!

Never for a second did I entertain the thought of O'Neill at Spurs despite all the clamour, today's match explains why.

It says much that away teams now setup to get a draw against us.

They did what they felt they had to, however I'm glad people are noticing MON is a dreadful, boring, anti-football type manager that spends a lot of money to be in the same category as a Fat Sam.

And home teams.

Don't really care what he does with other teams. He's entitled to do it, and if the fans of those clubs want the type of football he brings, well, they an have it. All I know is that I don't want him within 200,000,0000,0000 miles of the Spurs job. He's been playing this type of football his whole career, he isn't going to change. And while that may be fine for another team, I'd like to think we still celebrate the spirit of Danny Blanchflower, somewhere in our hearts. So thanks, but no fudging thanks.

Lol GHod some people need a reality check. Apparently if the opposition don't bend over for us and give us the three points you're anti football....

Don't really care what he does with other teams. He's entitled to do it, and if the fans of those clubs want the type of football he brings, well, they an have it. All I know is that I don't want him within 200,000,0000,0000 miles of the Spurs job. He's been playing this type of football his whole career, he isn't going to change. And while that may be fine for another team, I'd like to think we still celebrate the spirit of Danny Blanchflower, somewhere in our hearts. So thanks, but no fudging thanks.

Spot on. Other people may not have a problem with negative football but I do. I just wasted two hours of my life watching it.

“Football is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom”

Imagine being a Sunderland fan and paying good money to see that. I feel so sorry for our travelling support. That is two hours of my life I'll never get back. My brother watched with me and he said it was the most boring Premier League game he had evr watched.

went up with a few mates to see swansea play at the staduim of brick, did the same against them, 10 men behind the ball and hit them on the break,swansea as usual had over 60% possession

all our remaining games away are against sides that need wins so hopefully more space.........

I really don't think he set them out to be THAT defensive. They let Parker and Sandro have the ball in the middle with little pressure because they know they aren't going to hurt them.

If anything we played some kind of horrible football, it seemed Kaboul/Gallas had more touches than anyone else on the field. It went Freidel -> Kaboul -> Gallas -> Parker -> Kaboul-> Gallas-> BAE-> Sandro-> Parker-> BAE-> Long ball

I really don't think he set them out to be THAT defensive. They let Parker and Sandro have the ball in the middle with little pressure because they know they aren't going to hurt them.

If anything we played some kind of horrible football, it seemed Kaboul/Gallas had more touches than anyone else on the field. It went Freidel -> Kaboul -> Gallas -> Parker -> Kaboul-> Gallas-> BAE-> Sandro-> Parker-> BAE-> Long ball

:ross:

Agree fully with the Sandro/Parker comment.

Disagree about them not being THAT defensive, they were. But it wasn't a surprise and we didn't deal with it well at all.

One of the reasons I don't watch Barca games now, its so fricken boring.

M'ON wouldn't last two weeks doing that brick at the lane.

And what about our anti-football? What about the fact none of our players bothered breaking out of a jog for 90 minutes? What about the fact that BAE passed back to Friedel so many times I lost count? We dug our own grave today, none of our lot were up for it at all, and Harry clearly has no motivation left to give them a gonad*ing. End of story, we don't deserve 4th. Now let's stop blaming our opposition shall we?

Back