• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All aboard the Alex Scott hype train

Scott has 2 years but what you have outlined above is likely there or thereabouts with what we are willing to do but the selling clubs are not moving at all it seems.
Why would anyone move 2 weeks after a season has finished
The window has a long way to go
Clubs will move, up and down
Chelsea are doing business because they want it in the same financial year IMO
Others may too

The reality is enic are our owners.

A good starting point would be to establish how much we can spend this summer, through what the club makes via its operations and player sales. Even then are we prepared to spend all or even most of that figure or is at least some of it saved for future years or a rainy day.

Ideally we need a new GK, CB x2, CAM, WF.

Raya is £40m
Tapsoba is £45m
Scott is £35m
Maddison is £55m
Barnes is £45m

From all of the above you can quickly see compromises have to be made.

Such as signing Mamardashvili for £25m, signing Maddison for £0 in 12 months. See if Scott can be taken for less than £30m.

I don't see we need an AM when we already have 4 good options, plus Richarlison. Not with only 1 game a week too. Basically Porro was this signing/Moura's replacement.

Also Scott and Maddison are effectively the same player, just one has peaked while the other is about to explode and well eclipse him.

I don't see we need an AM when we already have 4 good options, plus Richarlison. Not with only 1 game a week too. Basically Porro was this signing/Moura's replacement.

Also Scott and Maddison are effectively the same player, just one has peaked while the other is about to explode and well eclipse him.

Good point although I am referring to what the club is targeting.

Why would anyone move 2 weeks after a season has finished
The window has a long way to go
Clubs will move, up and down
Chelsea are doing business because they want it in the same financial year IMO
Others may too

Earlier the better so Ange can work with them in pre season and vice versa, get them used to team mates etc.

I think Leicester will panic and sell Maddison for £45m this time next month or if we wait until deadline day we could get him for £40m.

I don't see Brentford budging on Raya though. They may sell on deadline day at a slight reduction, like £35m.

I don’t see Scott and Barnes prices changing at all though.

The reality is enic are our owners.

A good starting point would be to establish how much we can spend this summer, through what the club makes via its operations and player sales. Even then are we prepared to spend all or even most of that figure or is at least some of it saved for future years or a rainy day.

Ideally we need a new GK, CB x2, CAM, WF.

Raya is £40m
Tapsoba is £45m
Scott is £35m
Maddison is £55m
Barnes is £45m

From all of the above you can quickly see compromises have to be made.

Such as signing Mamardashvili for £25m, signing Maddison for £0 in 12 months. See if Scott can be taken for less than £30m.

The reality is all of those figures are extremely inflated

£40M for a keeper would put Raya in top 5 goalkeeper fees of all time, for a guy who isn't elite and in last year of contract
£55M for Maddison is similar, very expensive for a player in a relegated side, who won't stay, last year of contract
£35M for Scott is more than we paid for Deki

If you are Chelsea, you can pay that without asking, due diligence means we need to negotiate on those prices

£40M for a keeper would put Raya in top 5 goalkeeper fees of all time, for a guy who isn't elite and in last year of contract
£55M for Maddison is similar, very expensive for a player in a relegated side, who won't stay, last year of contract

If you are Chelsea, you can pay that without asking, due diligence means we need to negotiate on those prices

negotiate or move on.

A player is worth whatever fee it takes to convince the current owners to sell them. If that's too rich for our blood we'll sadly just have to move on.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

A player is worth whatever fee it takes to convince the current owners to sell them. If that's too rich for our blood we'll sadly just have to move on.

Of course but in many if not all occasions there is a general negotiation point from both parties. If the market dictates that no one wants him at that price it benefits them none keeping an unhappy player, having an extra keeper on the books and missing out on a premier price as his value will only drop.

Yes, each of them should be c.£10m less than those prices

Absolutely, which is what we seem to have done with Raya and that sends a message to the other clubs on the list, i.e. we aren't going to dither and fudge around (like we did in the past)

If we sign Scott and Maddison does that mean we don’t need Barnes?

I could see us sign Scott for £25m plus addons and then get Maddison for a knock down fee on deadline day (around £40m) when Leicester will be desperate.

If we sign Scott and Maddison does that mean we don’t need Barnes?

I could see us sign Scott for £25m plus addons and then get Maddison for a knock down fee on deadline day (around £40m) when Leicester will be desperate.

I think we only need 1 of those 3. And definitely not Barnes. We're well stacked with good attackers. Much better to spend £50-60m on two CBs instead.

Vicario £17.5m
Tapsoba £45m
Lenglet £5m
Scott £30m
Maddison £45m

That’s our summer business imo.

I'd be really pleased with that. Though I think Maddison will go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and we'll use Porro and Kulusevski in tandem rather than rotation.

I'd be really pleased with that. Though I think Maddison will go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and we'll use Porro and Kulusevski in tandem rather than rotation.

Reports this morning that Maddison is all in on Spurs because of London so Saudi Sportswashing Machine no longer in the running.

West Ham could be a problem as soon they will be flush with cash when Rice joins Emirates Marketing Project.

Reports this morning that Maddison is all in on Spurs because of London so Saudi Sportswashing Machine no longer in the running.

West Ham could be a problem as soon they will be flush with cash when Rice joins Emirates Marketing Project.

Don't see him taking a sideways step from Leicester to West Ham - this is his chance for a big move

Back