• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All aboard the Alex Scott hype train

I’d prefer him to Maddison
I think he has more to his all round game
Maddison is a proven player and one I’d love, no questions
But Scott fills a midfield void that has kinda been taken up by Bentacur but that still doesn’t feel like Bentacur game to me.
It is Scott’s
I also think his range of passing for a young player is top drawer

Now that's impressive talk all from watching one video on YouTube

The kid dribbles like Dembele, nutmegs like Alli and passes like Kane.

Is a Spurs fan and apparently we’ve asked to be “kept apprised of the situation.”

Media quote a £20-30m price tag.

Feels like more than a decent punt. He looks great.

Would love to see him in our midfield.

Nah, he looks awful.

Sorry but that strip is waayy to arsenally for me to praise someone in it.

We should already have it agreed with his reps that we will sign him next summer when he has a year left on his contract.

That would be a smarter move than paying £25m for him now.

Worse than both of those scenarios however is not moving for him at all.

We should already have it agreed with his reps that we will sign him next summer when he has a year left on his contract.

That would be a smarter move than paying £25m for him now.

Worse than both of those scenarios however is not moving for him at all.

We'll need him next season. He'll straight away become the best passer and best creative player in our squad.

We'll need him next season. He'll straight away become the best passer and best creative player in our squad.

Possibly but we have enic as our owners so have to be smart with our budget, also sounds like it will be £35m plus addons so no way enic are paying that.

The kid dribbles like Dembele, nutmegs like Alli and passes like Kane.

Is a Spurs fan and apparently we’ve asked to be “kept apprised of the situation.”

Media quote a £20-30m price tag.

Feels like more than a decent punt. He looks great.

Would love to see him in our midfield.

That's an interesting video, thanks for posting.
At the start he slides in to score and lays on 5 or 6 assists.
After that it is the same thing over and over; some quick feet and deft body swerve to beat his opponent, then lays it off to someone else to work with i.e. he didn't seem to be beating an opponent to then get away a shot or really break through the backline, it was more like beating an opponent to progress the move downfield.
He looks very talented but am not sure he would break into our first team for a while, whereas Maddison would immediately get games.
So any fee might need to be weighted on performances/achievements, sell-on in future etc rather than an immediate big spend.
I reckon someone like Spam Brighton Palace level will buy him and immediately play him, whereas we probably wouldn't.

I was about to write that I'd be happy if we signed the Championship Young Player of the Season every year, as surely it'd be a decent bet. But then I looked at the list...

2006: Phil Jagielka (Sheffield United)
2007: Jason Koumas (West Bromwich Albion
2008: Kevin Phillips (West Bromwich Albion)
2009: Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
2010: Kevin Nolan (Saudi Sportswashing Machine)
2011: Adel Taarabt (Queens Park Rangers)
2012: Rickie Lambert (Southampton)
2013: Matěj Vydra (Watford)
2014: Danny Ings (Burnley)
2015: Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough)
2016: Andre Gray (Burnley)
2017: Anthony Knockaert (Brighton & Hove Albion)
2018: Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
2019: Max Aarons (Norwich)
2020: Jude Bellingham (Birmingham)
2021: Michael Olise (Reading)
2022: Brennan Johnson (Nottingham Forest)
2023: Alex Scott (Bristol City)

Not sure how many of those I'd want in hindsight. Jagielka (if we didn't have Toby and Jan), Ings, Bellingham (of course!), Olise, possibly Johnson. And we know all about Taarabt and Sess already.

Last edited:
Time to go for Jonjo Shelvey then if we seriously cant spend that much on the perfect player for one of our top 2/3 target position

The reality is enic are our owners.

A good starting point would be to establish how much we can spend this summer, through what the club makes via its operations and player sales. Even then are we prepared to spend all or even most of that figure or is at least some of it saved for future years or a rainy day.

Ideally we need a new GK, CB x2, CAM, WF.

Raya is £40m
Tapsoba is £45m
Scott is £35m
Maddison is £55m
Barnes is £45m

From all of the above you can quickly see compromises have to be made.

Such as signing Mamardashvili for £25m, signing Maddison for £0 in 12 months. See if Scott can be taken for less than £30m.

The reality is enic are our owners.

A good starting point would be to establish how much we can spend this summer, through what the club makes via its operations and player sales. Even then are we prepared to spend all or even most of that figure or is at least some of it saved for future years or a rainy day.

Ideally we need a new GK, CB x2, CAM, WF.

Raya is £40m
Tapsoba is £45m
Scott is £35m
Maddison is £55m
Barnes is £45m

From all of the above you can quickly see compromises have to be made.

Such as signing Mamardashvili for £25m, signing Maddison for £0 in 12 months. See if Scott can be taken for less than £30m.
Or use the contract positions to help us
E.g.
Reya £25m plus add one
Scott £20m plus add one
Maddison… £40m
All of these 3 have 1 year left on their contracts

Or use the contract positions to help us
E.g.
Reya £25m plus add one
Scott £20m plus add one
Maddison… £40m
All of these 3 have 1 year left on their contracts

Scott has 2 years but what you have outlined above is likely there or thereabouts with what we are willing to do but the selling clubs are not moving at all it seems.

Back