• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

had another thought. We could go 4-3-3 or at least a more orthodox version of it.

Walker-------Dier---------------Vertonghen-------------Rose
I------------------------------------------------------------------I
I
----------------------Stambouli-------------------------------I
I
----Benteleb--------------------------Dembele/Mason----I
V
-----------------------------------------------------------------V
---------Eriksen<<<----------->>>Pritchard-----------
-----------------------Kane------------------------------

Would give the defensive mid a more defined job. Allow Benteleb to push on a bit, we know he has the shot in him and the passing. Allowing Dembele to push on a bit but also use his ability to retain possesion. Pritchard and Eriksend would both have goals in them and could flip positions, the creativity amongst that lot would be high. The width would come from Rose and Walker with Stambouli filling in when needed.

I get way more pleased now at the possibility of us bringing our own players in that spending a load more dosh on another waste of space.

That's how id be playing now with erisken, chadli and Kane up front with dembele behind with Mason and Bentelab

I thought that Poch preffered a 4-3-3? did he not play that at Southampton or we going to be stuck with 3-5-2?

Don't forget that when he returns there won't be the room or time to operate in the way he has proved successful.

Whether he will do as well (or well enough) in the packed pitch is a moot point.

He seems very similar to Eriksen. In some ways that could be a bad thing? he looks like his best position is on the left ish cutting in. has a good shot and can dribble a bit. Sounds almost like a carbon copy. Maybe with him and Eriksen drifting in and out from the centre to left they can play off each other. Creative players tend to do well when they are on the same wavelength. But for varieties sake we need the other AM to have some outright pace or be strong.

Looking at this technical ability and the fact he has done very well in a tough league. He looks like he can slot straight in. No more loaning, he looks more than ready. If Brentford get promoted or Timmy want to loan him then lets make it up until January and then at least we can get him back.

That's perfect. You want 2 players for every position. One of our problems this season is that we've had no cover for Eriksen or Chadli.

In his first top flight season, understudying a top player like Eriksen should be ideal. Then he can steadily develop to eclipse him.

I thought that Poch preffered a 4-3-3? did he not play that at Southampton or we going to be stuck with 3-5-2?

It was probably more 4-3-3 because Davies was more a box-to-box player rather than a #10. IIRC it was sort of:

---------------Lambert
Rodriguez-------------Lallana

--------------Davies
---Schneiderlin----Wanyama

Could see him feature in our last 3 games of season if Brentford don't make the playoffs.
I don't want to overhype the kid but would happily sell Lamela to get him involved.

The surprise package of the Championship, Brentford have maintained a promotion bid right until the last weekend of the season.

However, fate is no longer in their hands and the Bees have to beat Wigan at Griffin Park and then hope either Derby or Ipswich slip-up to make it into the play-offs.

Alex has been a key factor in Brentford's fine season. Having joined the West London side on a season-long loan in July, he's responded with 11 goals in 44 appearances with another seven assists.

His performances earned a place in the PFA's Championship Team of the Year last weekend and confirmed his progress after impressing on loan at Swindon in League One last season.

The individual accolades have been rolling in but the England Under-21 international really only has one goal - helping Brentford into the top seven by Saturday night. The 46th and final matches of the Championship campaign all kick-off at 12.15pm and while the Bees take on Wigan, Ipswich travel to Blackburn and Derby host Reading.

Below: Alex on target at Leeds
alex_brent_leeds_730a.jpg

How have you found your first full season in the Championship?
Alex Pritchard: "I feel I’ve come on a lot this season. I’m a late developer and this season I’ve gone into games thinking ‘this might be tough’ but I’ve done well and grown in confidence. I’ve learned more about how to play when we need to play and when we don’t need to play, using my body strength, I’m gaining experience all the time and hopefully next season I’ll push on again."

You did well in League One last season, how have you found the Championship?
Alex: "The Championship is getting better and better and stronger every season. I had a few matches for Peterborough a couple of years ago but this has been my first full season at this level so to come in and play just about every game and for the team to be competing with the big boys has been something special. One thing's for sure - you have to graft in this league. There is a lot of talent but if you don’t work for it you won’t get anywhere."

How would you sum-up the season for Brentford?
Alex: "It’s been an incredible season but we’ll only be able to say for sure after the last match. It’s all coming down to the final day so we’ll either manage to get into the play-offs or we’ll just miss out and that would be a bit of a downer, to be honest. Personally, it’s been a great season but we all want to get into the play-offs. We need to win now, nothing else will do for us and then we’re looking for a bit of help, that’s how it is."

What is the attitude going into the final day?
Alex: "We've still got a chance and first and foremost, we have to do our jobs. We have to concentrate on what we have to do and then hopefully someone will drop points. If we do our jobs and it doesn’t happen, at least we can say we won our last two games, we got those six points and gave everything."

Below: Celebrations after a goal at Norwich
alex_brent_norw_730b.jpg

Going back to your own form, ou must be pleased with your goals output - 11 goals and seven assists...
Alex: "We spoke earlier in the season and I had three goals then so to get over 10 is great and I’m really happy about that, especially at it’s my first full season in the Championship. Hopefully I’ll kick-on again next season."

Speaking of next season, no doubt you'll want to make an impact back here in the summer...
Alex: "I’ve been at Spurs most of my life, I want to play for Spurs and hopefully I’ll get the chance to show what I can do next season."

If Brentford don't make it tomorrow, will he come back immediately and if so can he be included in the last three games?

If Brentford don't make it tomorrow, will he come back immediately and if so can he be included in the last three games?
Yes I believe so. Really want to get him involved in our last few games. Give him a taster for next season and keep the motivation high.

Yes I believe so. Really want to get him involved in our last few games. Give him a taster for next season and keep the motivation high.
You have to think this is highly likely especially if we lose to Emirates Marketing Project

You have to think this is highly likely especially if we lose to Emirates Marketing Project

At worst he would surely be a better (or more interesting) attacking option from the bench than what we've had available recently...

Would love to see him involved, but at the same time I wouldn't mind Brentford getting into the promotion play off either. As much as a couple of end of season games for us could do us good, some super competitive high pressure play off games could surely also be good for the kid.

Looks like we're not going to see Pritchard playing in lily white this season, after all. The play-offs will be one hell of an experience for the lad -- here's hoping that he can get Brentford to Wembley.

Scored a freekick in the last game of the season as well. Took a deflection, but quite a cracker none the less!

Back