• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alejo Véliz

I guess you were right and I was wrong
I really think it would be wise to have part ownership in another club in say Belgium or Holland so we could guarantee players game time.

See it is reported as one of the conditions of the new director of football at Liverpool wanting them to go into multi club ownership.

Think it is now a necessity, gives youth players the chance to progress and also can help attain fees for players not quite good enough.

I really think it would be wise to have part ownership in another club in say Belgium or Holland so we could guarantee players game time.

See it is reported as one of the conditions of the new director of football at Liverpool wanting them to go into multi club ownership.

Think it is now a necessity, gives youth players the chance to progress and also can help attain fees for players not quite good enough.
Agreed. It's the new version of the feeder club model, then the affiliate club model. We used to have a relationship with Antwerp didn't we?

He started to make the bench at the end of the season, but they had a lot of injuries.

I hope we can get him a good loan next season if he isn't going to be part of the first team squad.

He started to make the bench at the end of the season, but they had a lot of injuries.

I hope we can get him a good loan next season if he isn't going to be part of the first team squad.
It would be good to get him somewhere like Ipswich or Southampton

We have to do better with loans. Speak to the manager of the team that the players going to would be a start.
It's not just us. Loans are inherently difficult to get right. Clubs will prioritise players they own, clubs will be thrown into changes of management etc. Often players, especially young players need a settling in period, that can be a significant portion of the loan deal in some cases (particularly with half season loans).

Sometimes the club that loans a player does that as part of a well thought out overall strategy. Where that player fits in etc. But just as often I think it's more of a hope it works out approach. Would be good to get more of the well planned loan moves, but only a limited number of those available.

So many factors to get right, right level, right style of play, what their squad looks like.

I think loan deals will continue to be hit and miss. Though no doubt possible to be better or worse at that too.

I wonder if we're moving slightly towards prioritising playing time over going to a higher level with our loans? Devine probably could have gotten a Championship loan from the start of last season.

I think he needs to show a lot more to get a loan to a premier league club.

I would be happy with a championship team for half a season.
Difficult to judge. Was seen as good enough to get a loan to La Liga.

Probably at this stage playing time is the most important. If he goes to a PL club it will probably be to be one of several striker options, not as first choice. So would perhaps be more of a gamble, but one that could pay off if he steps up.

Perhaps a chance he stays here for the first part of the season, get some EL minutes see from there? Though I do think he probably would benefit from regular football.

If he is going to go out on loan, a midtable Champo club would probably be better. Many of them tend to rely on loan players, so no issue with taking away game time from a club-owned player, and strikers are not that easy to come by.

But what the fudge do I know...

Back